• Sleepy...

Post Holidays refurbishments - What's real? What's not?

Hello Micechat! It's been nearly 10 years since my last visit to Disneyland (mostly because it's too expensive to fly to California, but drove to WDW many times). Because I'm seeing family in January 2013, I decided to use a weekend to visit Disneyland! Unfortunately, January is known for its refurbs, touch ups, closures, etc. There are many rumors circulating about closures along with scheduled closures and I'm here to ask which ones are real and which ones are not (as of right now, of course). I'm looking at the January 25-27 weekend.

Here's what I know so far:

Fantasmic! - not showing
    It's a small world - scheduled rehab
    Haunted Mansion - recently reopened
    Splash Mountain - closed (which I don't mind, it's a bit chilly anyway)
    Big Thunder - ???? NO IDEA ????
    Silly Symphony - ???? NO IDEA ????
    World of Color - Will it be showing or not?

Other questions:
    What are the operating hours in (weekends) January?
    Are there fireworks (at least on the weekends)?
    If there's too many refurbs, should I just get a one day park hopper instead?
    How are the lines in January?
    Best places to eat inside the parks (lunch/dinner)?
    Other things I should know about?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP Can't wait to see Cars Land for the first time!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Post Holidays refurbishments - What's real? What's not?

None of those rehabs are rumors. HM will have opened back up for your visit. WoC will have a few dark periods on weekdays only.

Hours are a little hard to predict as DCA have been extened since last Summer. Because the winter has shorter overall crowds DL doesn't run its long 8am -12am hours, usually 9-11. DCA was 10-10 but may be 9 to 10 or 11.

In January there are fireworks on the weekends, Friday through Sunday.

In particular because of Carsland you will need more time than you last did to visit. If time is limited and you ony have one day that's fine, but if you have the option for even part of another day you should use it.

Lines are bad because you are visiting on a weekend. Still make good use of FastPass.

DCA has a great variety of in park dining. You can stick to traditional things like churros, dolewhips and corndogs. You may want the flatbread pizza at Paradise Pasta and Pizza. I like the pastrami burger at Village Haus in Fantasyland.