Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Selfie Expert

Re: Annual Passholder Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I don't think going to the park more often makes us appreciate it less...I think we go to the park more often BECAUSE we appreciate it.
    This is one of the best statements I've seen in regards to AP holders (at least the majority of them). I couldn't have said it any better.

As far as the payment plan goes, I sure would have appreciated it. I can afford the AP currently, but it would have been a little easier to break it up even into two payments instead of the one lump sum. That's just my personal opinion, though, which is also influenced by the fact that my AP purchase wasn't planned in advance so I didn't have a chance to save up for it like I normally would have.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Our passports are our means for entertainment. We've dropped movies, sports events, live theater, and curtailed traveling due to the recession, but we made a decision to continue our passports. So far, it has been a great deal. The recent price increase was a tough pill to swallow but it seems that we can continue to renew for a few years. I'm hoping that Disney's CEO and all of the wannabe CEOs who can spend a billion dollars at a blink of an eye can understand that not everyone is able to do so.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Same here, my family had a lot of lean years growing up.

Having said that, IMHO we can't judge. People have become accustomed to breaking down large expenses into payment plans, and it doesn't always mean they're broke or struggling financially. Disney doesn't charge interest on their plans; a credit card does - so for that reason alone, it might be worth it and more financially savvy to use the payment plan. With a family, you just might not have, say, $900 or $1200 (family of four) at once.

And if a family or individual isn't doing well? Maybe Disneyland is the one luxury they've allowed themselves and it's the one thing that allows them to leave their day to day life and be happy. Maybe the kids have voted to get passes instead of cable tv or Christmas presents. Maybe they're working a paper route to pay the installments every month. We don't know. When people spend money they don't have on all sorts of frivolous things, I can't judge someone for spending $30/month on a Disneyland AP.
    Very well put.
    people buy big screen tv's, computers, cars, homes, education, vacations, own and operated businesses, etc....on credit or via payment plans. Breaking a payment across several months is not irresponsible. Especially when there is no interest.
    Its budgeting.

Some have the knack for it others do not.

I just don't think one should be discriminated against because they've chosen an option that's been made available so everyone can enjoy the parks.

---------- Post added 11-25-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Malina
    I don't think going to the park more often makes us appreciate it less...I think we go to the park more often BECAUSE we appreciate it

Yes, my appreciation is even greater thanks to my AP. I do not wear the AP on a lanyard, like I've seen and don't understand particularly. I carry it, knowing I can jaunt in and enjoy the happiest place on earth...whenever I feel like it.

As someone who's held a pass for a few years now, I can say that there are times I go to the park to get away from whatever is stressing me. I will say that I have a friend who use to work at Disneyland and would refer to some passholders as "P*******s". The definition of a person who thinks everything is entitled to them and just don't get it. That has stuck with me, and I never want to be a "P*******". Just the other night on the tram, I heard a family from Utah (BYU sweatshirts gave it away) talk about that they wanted to go to the Lego Store. So I tapped the woman on the arm and asked her if they were looking for the Lego Store, and she said they were. So I gave her directions to it. I have another friend who worked at Disneyland, but now has a pass, and when she sees a cast-member who does something well, she makes a point to stop in to City Hall and give a compliment. I think a lot of this stems from Cast Members who deal with obnoxious passholders who feel everything in the park is "theirs". The sad thing is, the 99% of us passholders appreciate the park, and look to make a Cast Members day easier, via a compliment or even some humor.

I agree that most AP holders on this site have much respect and love for the park. Now, some of the younger people might treat it as a mall. I will say, the most annoying people are non English speaking flash photographers. These are not AP holders for sure. And for sure not Spanish speakers. Ruined haunted mansion, every room huge flashes, loud talking and in line downright annoying. Personal Bubble please?

• ooooooOO!

I wouldn't say Non-English/Non-Spanish speakers are the most annoying, that's very direct. From my experience, anyone could be annoying. All the difference lies in our bias and attention. On the Haunted Mansion, I seem to always have the chatty teens, crying baby, and center of attention "I gotta repeat all the lines outloud" person.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I love going after work on Friday to have dinner in downtown and go ride a few rides to escape my overwhelming week of work. Its only 24 miles from my house and worth the drive. The magic makes me a very happy and fall into other reality. I have had a pass for 5 years now and the magic never ends
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Banned User

The magic of the park is the appeal. Exiting reality and enjoying even the simple walk down Main Street.
    Even before we held AP's I would ask a CM that was working a counter, a line or service how long they've been in service and where they were from. A CM at the coffee shop told me 30 years. Wow. Say no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12