Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Annual Passholder Pride

I haven't been here long, but long enough to have seen the bias against Annual Passholders.
    To me, it's mildly offensive. I've paid for my privileges to enjoy the parks. I've paid to go whenever I can.
    i agree, it's not for everyone.

Ive seen rants regarding AP's being blamed for overcrowding, for not spending enough money (?) and even rants against the payment plans. Personally, Disney offering a payment plan is incredibly fair and really appeals to me and their acknowledgment of current economic situations. It's fair. To eliminate the demographic who'd use the payment plan would be terrible. If I had a small or large family, I'd snatch up a payment plan.

I am 400 miles away from Disneyland, have a premium AP. My wife and I have been to the park under thirst AP's, at least 12 times with 4-5 months before its time to renew.

it has given our visits to SoCal the extra kick. Even if it was a few hours.

if you are a proud AP holder, please tell us why.

our biggest reason for the AP, we love DLR and DCA AND DTD

• Selfie Expert

Re: Annual Passholder Pride

This is our first year with an AP, and may be our only for quite a while since we are hoping to start a family, etc.

We live in AZ, so every time we visit we are staying at a hotel. Having an AP has increased our number of visits tremendously. With each visit, we are paying for food, souvenirs, hotel, and even gas. We are paying taxes and giving revenue not only to Disney, but to the city/county/state.

If we did not have our AP, we would only be able to visit once or twice a year. We tend to make 3-day trips, so after only two of these trips we have already saved money with our AP. It won't be worth making trips any more frequently without one.

I love my AP because I don't feel like I have to see and do everything while I'm there, because I know I can go back within a relatively short amount of time. If we show up and its crowded, its not a big deal anymore. We'll hit whatever we missed on our next trip.

In short, I am incredibly grateful to be an AP holder, and will cherish every visit we make because I know we won't have this privilege much longer.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Banned User

That's great!

Another great perk about our AP is the discounts. Albeit, the park prices are high... But given these discounts encourages us to let loose when buying special merchandise, gifts and food.... Ad stuff we wouldn't normally buy.

•   
    • Minion

I love being an AP. It makes me sad to see the divisiveness between those who are APs and those who blame the APs for the park's issues.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A lot of the vitriol towards APs on here is misdirected. A lot of it should be directed towards locals, who tend to treat DL like the local mall or the beach, instead of just APs only.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    A lot of the vitriol towards APs on here is misdirected. A lot of it should be directed towards locals, who tend to treat DL like the local mall or the beach, instead of just APs only.
    I love my AP. I think there is an exact proportion of a-hole ap holders as there are non AP.

• Banned User

Treating it as a "mall" or whatnot, is not offensive to me. Celebrate it if you can. If, lets say, my wife and I lived within 20 miles of the park, you bet we'd treat it like a "mall". A dinner and a ride, shopping, fun, catch a parade, meet after work, etc. I don't think these are bad things. Isn't downtown Disney a "mall" environment. What's a jaunt into the park when you can? AP's are brilliant marketing by the parks.

• I can't stand you.

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I haven't been here long, but long enough to have seen the bias against Annual Passholders.
    To me, it's mildly offensive. I've paid for my privileges to enjoy the parks. I've paid to go whenever I can.
    i agree, it's not for everyone.

Ive seen rants regarding AP's being blamed for overcrowding, for not spending enough money (?) and even rants against the payment plans. Personally, Disney offering a payment plan is incredibly fair and really appeals to me and their acknowledgment of current economic situations. It's fair. To eliminate the demographic who'd use the payment plan would be terrible. If I had a small or large family, I'd snatch up a payment plan.

I am 400 miles away from Disneyland, have a premium AP. My wife and I have been to the park under thirst AP's, at least 12 times with 4-5 months before its time to renew.

it has given our visits to SoCal the extra kick. Even if it was a few hours.

if you are a proud AP holder, please tell us why.

our biggest reason for the AP, we love DLR and DCA AND DTD

You love Disneyland and DCA, obviously have a means to get there effectively despite being 400 miles away and enjoy yourself when you go, more power to ya! I wouldn't pay any mind to the venting threads directed at AP's Im sure those venting would have an AP if they could.

I say if you have the means to do it then don't let anything get in your way from having fun at a place you love. Im an AP myself that's less than 15 miles away. So I do treat it like a mall or just a place to kill time I never saw what the problem was a really don't care. Either way you aren't dibleratly out at the parks trying to make a regular one day ticket holder's day miserable so uhh

Lol anyways celebrate as much as you can and no other place than to do it then at the Parks.

Treating it as a "mall" or whatnot, is not offensive to me. Celebrate it if you can. If, lets say, my wife and I lived within 20 miles of the park, you bet we'd treat it like a "mall". A dinner and a ride, shopping, fun, catch a parade, meet after work, etc. I don't think these are bad things. Isn't downtown Disney a "mall" environment. What's a jaunt into the park when you can? AP's are brilliant marketing by the parks.
    This. I really don't get the whole mall thing. Is it the casual-ness of the visit? Is it offensive to not gawk at everything like we've just seen it? Like, what is it about the way these people visit the park that offends some people? I just don't think anyone should be in the business of dictating how others enjoy the park. If you want to loaf about on main street with a cup of coffee, I say have fun. I know I do it sometimes.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since Disney has stopped selling Disneyland parkhoppers past 5 days, when I come to Disneyland in January, I will become an Annual Passholder. It means that for each of my 11 days in California, I can go to Disneyland if I like. That means that each of my days will cost less than 1/2 of the advertised price of a one day parkhopper, and almost 1/3 the cost. Now, if I can manage another trip west in the next year, my price per day will go way way down.

My biggest expense is always the hotel, and the airfare of course. However, if I plan far enough out in advance I have been able to use my timeshare points, and the total cost of my trip goes way way down once again.

So I am excited to become an Annual passholder, for the next year at least, and if I can plan wisely I hope to be able to maintain that status. My husband is encouraging me to enjoy my trips to Disneyland. He doesn't care to travel, but he doesn't mind if I plan a few trips to Disneyland each year. We live in Chicago, and I really enjoy the beautiful weather in California, and the wonderful time that I always have.

I am looking forward to purchasing my Deluxe Annual Pass in January, and using it during the year. It will allow me to visit more days, and tour the parks at a more relaxing pace. I won't feel the need to cram too much into a day. I will be able to rest more, I look forward to meeting some of my MiceChat friends during my trips. My next one coincides with MiceChat's special plans for MiceAge's 10th Anniversary.

MiceChat has been a great plus in my life, and I feel having an Annual Pass will definitely be a winning move.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    This. I really don't get the whole mall thing. Is it the casual-ness of the visit? Is it offensive to not gawk at everything like we've just seen it? Like, what is it about the way these people visit the park that offends some people? I just don't think anyone should be in the business of dictating how others enjoy the park. If you want to loaf about on main street with a cup of coffee, I say have fun. I know I do it sometimes.
    That's really the crux of it. I think there are differences of opinion in how Disneyland should be enjoyed...but IMHO I don't think that ANY of us have the right to tell someone else how, or how often, they should enjoy Disneyland. Maybe for that person who goes to Disneyland twice a week after work, Disney is their one escape from the real world. Maybe that person who is buying their AP on a payment plan has allowed themselves one special treat or diversion for the year, and the Disneyland pass is it. They have just as much a right to be there as that wholesome family from Idaho who is on vacation.

I think we see this sort of locals vs. visitors/passholders vs. ticket buyers tension in EVERY tourist attraction, sporting event, etc. When I lived in New York, I saw it at the museums from time to time. MoMA costs about $25. I can buy a pass to MoMA for about $85 and go all year long. Would some resent that? I'm sure.

I don't think going to the park more often makes us appreciate it less...I think we go to the park more often BECAUSE we appreciate it.

• ooooooOO!

Couldn't have said it better Malina

I am a new AP holder and I've enjoyed every visit; it was worth every penny. However, it is not the annual pass that I am proud of, but my love for the park, and its community that I follow (Micechat.) Growing up, Disney has always been there for me emotionally, so to be able to go to the parks mean so much more to me than entertainment. I'm proud to be a Disney fanatic, and the AP is just my way of appreciation.
    Last edited by Chuuster; 11-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.

A thread I can finally sink me teeth into with a passion. Thanks for starting it.

I just started my first year of AP this summer of 2012 and I've been going at least once a month and I enjoy every minute of it. The pass has also helped me out in so many situations, such as letting me go to the park to let off some steam, buy a gift for a friend at a cheaper price, or my favorite yet, letting me spend my first birthday (alone) at Disneyland

Every time I read a post about how AP's are the root of so many problems, I feel my heart sink a little bit. I've done nothing wrong, and I've done a few things here and there to make someone smile at the park. I am always clean cut and pressed when going and show as much respect to the park as any other Disneyland goer would show. Sometimes I show more respect than the average guest I've seen walking around...(Walt Disney wasn't a racist you bimbo...) So hearing so many things about how AP's should be removed entirely because we 'take up space' or whatever reason they bring forth makes me feel cold.

So I'm glad you started this thread, cause now I know I'm not the only one who shares these feelings as well.

Cheers!

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Personally, Disney offering a payment plan is incredibly fair and really appeals to me and their acknowledgment of current economic situations.
    Spending money on Disney is probably not the smartest decision one can make for their family if things are that bad economically.

I remember as a child, finances being very tight for our family. My parents had a tight budget to work with, so...sometimes a trip to Disneyland was out of the question, opting for a trip to the beach or camping in nearby mountains.
    It didn't ruin my childhood.
    Last edited by doppio; 11-25-2012 at 03:19 AM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Spending money on Disney is probably not the smartest decision one can make for their family if things are that bad economically.

I remember as a child, finances being very tight for our family. My parents had a tight budget to work with, so...sometimes a trip to Disneyland was out of the question, opting for a trip to the beach or camping in nearby mountains.
    It didn't ruin my childhood.
    Same here, my family had a lot of lean years growing up.

Having said that, IMHO we can't judge. People have become accustomed to breaking down large expenses into payment plans, and it doesn't always mean they're broke or struggling financially. Disney doesn't charge interest on their plans; a credit card does - so for that reason alone, it might be worth it and more financially savvy to use the payment plan. With a family, you just might not have, say, $900 or $1200 (family of four) at once.

And if a family or individual isn't doing well? Maybe Disneyland is the one luxury they've allowed themselves and it's the one thing that allows them to leave their day to day life and be happy. Maybe the kids have voted to get passes instead of cable tv or Christmas presents. Maybe they're working a paper route to pay the installments every month. We don't know. When people spend money they don't have on all sorts of frivolous things, I can't judge someone for spending $30/month on a Disneyland AP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast