Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• Banned User

Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

When is the park actually so crowded its unbearable?
    weve gone on all sorts of different days, seasons and holidays.
    the most crowded we saw was the beginning of summer. That was it. Weekdays have always been delightful and even a few Sundays back, the lines were topping out at near 45 minutes for the E tickets.... Still, wasn't crowded enough for us to gripe.

CDA had one line that peaked at 90minutes, RSR and Toy Story was up to 60. We always expect those two lines to be maxed. They are great fun. We single ride red RSR and were in and out under 20 minutes. We skipped Toy Story only because that line gets hot on the boardwalk sometimes. And, we've been on it a lot and moved on to enjoy the park with a slow relaxing stroll and a couple of beers. It wasn't crowded enough, again, for us to rush out.

• Disneymom

I feel happy that so many people can enjoy the park. That is what Walt wanted. Families to have fun together. Making it more affordable for them is all the more better. I wish we could get that deal here in AZ. Yes, the park is probably alittle more crowded but everyone deserves to have a good time, Why should any one person want to deny any one else from having the same experiences?

But when the park becomes SO crowded that it ceases to be fun, it's just not worth it..the park is almost ALWAYS unbearably crowded!! I don't want to deny anyone from visiting but I do believe that doing away with the monthly plan is a beneficial thing. When I was a kid, my family and I went to DL ONCE a year and it was special. Now some people feel that it's their RIGHT to go. No, sorry, it doesn't work that way! Some times in life we don't always get to do what we want...that's just the way it goes. I apologize if this isn't a popular view but it's the way I feel/think....
    Last edited by in2puck; 03-02-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: wrong word used
    !Vamos Rafa!

"I Wish for Infinity Hamburgers"-Homer Simpson

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by in2puck View Post
    But when the park becomes SO crowded that it ceases to be fun, it's just not worth it..the park is almost ALWAYS unbearably crowded!! I don't want to deny anyone from visiting but I do believe that doing away with the monthly plan is a beneficial thing. When I was a kid, my family and I went to DL ONCE a year and it was special. Now some people feel that it's their RIGHT to go. No, sorry, it doesn't work that way! Some times in life we don't always get to do what we want...that's just the way it goes. I apologize if this isn't a popular view but it's the way I feel/think....
    I agree.

I first noticed the crowd levels becoming huge not long after the monthly payment plan was put into place. I visit DL only once a year because of the crowds, no other reason.

I live too far away to have an AP be worthwhile, so I pay full price to get in. With the monthly plan, the guy next to in line may very well have effectively paid less than a dollar to get in. Why should I be made to subsidize the very program that causes the magic to disappear for me?

I have nothing against the people who use the program, it's the program itself that is unfair.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Why should I be made to subsidize the very program that causes the magic to disappear for me?

I have nothing against the people who use the program, it's the program itself that is unfair.
    Exactly right.

As has been posted countless times over the years, "APers = good, AP Program = bad."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910