Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 140
  1. #31

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    I wonder if AP holders are complaining about other AP holders. If you're just a casual park goer, you wouldn't know the difference on the affect on park attendance. It is likely the frequent park goer (the typical AP holder) would complain about park overcrowding. So the complaining is all for the sake of creating a more pleasant experience for yourself(fish).
    The times I've been in the last 4 years since I let my pass lapse, it's always ridiculously crowded and I see people spitting anywhere they like, leaving dirty diapers on the ground, throwing trash anywhere and on some occasions just down right rude.
    Yeah, it is the truth.

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    57

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    I personally encountered a family with a toddler in line at Splash Mountain (low end pass holders) that allowed their child to urinate right there in the line and did nothing about it. The times I've been in the last 4 years since I let my pass lapse, it's always ridiculously crowded and I see people spitting anywhere they like, leaving dirty diapers on the ground, throwing trash anywhere and on some occasions just down right rude.
    The thing is, the feeling that the park is "yours" is a flawed perspective, since it's not. Having a higher AP or payment plan doesn't entitle you owning the park. I'm not aware of the AP non-monthly payment plan making you a shareholder for DL.
    And just because you see a disrespectful group of people who let their toddler pee at Splash Mountain who had a cheaper pass (I'm going to assume that they told you they had one, not that you assumed they had one), does that mean that everyone else who is on a payment plan or has a lower end pass is going to disrespect the parks? Does having a more expensive pass come with no/less blockout dates and better manners? Ooh, I'd like better manners! Maybe I should purchase a premium pass!
    The same goes with seeing people spitting, leaving dirty diapers, throwing trash, etc. Did you go up to every single one of these people and ask them if they have monthly payments or a lower end pass? I think not. You don't have to have a premium pass to have manners. I didn't see any requirements for that.

  3. #33

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Yeah, that sort of goes back to the 'ew, we don't want poor people here, they're crude!' sort of sentiment for me. Unless the person in that line said "oh yes, we just paid our monthly payment plan!" how would you even know they were an AP, much less one on the installment plan? And why would you think that one family would represent all?

    As we've seen in some of the Club 33 threads with people at the club in t-shirts and sneakers - money can't buy class. Lack of money doesn't mean lack of class. When I worked in customer service, some of my rudest, crudest, nastiest customers were the ones with the American Express Black Cards and the Mercedes waiting outside. Some of the nicest were the ones who had obviously saved and scrimped to be there and saw it as a special treat.

    Point being, that family from Idaho earning 200K/year can be just as rude, or as nice, as that local from Westminster earning 12K.

  4. #34

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I have no problem with monthly pay AP'ers. What's the difference if one saves up $50 bucks over a year for an AP over one that pays $50 a month for one?
    The difference is most people can't figure out how to set aside money for something that they want. They have to rely on structured payment plans. Disney implementing such payment plans is part of the reason for the overcrowding. They made it easy for everyone so people don't have to be responsible enough to save up for the passes on the

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Some of the nicest were the ones who had obviously saved and scrimped to be there and saw it as a special treat.
    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  5. #35

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference is most people can't figure out how to set aside money for something that they want. They have to rely on structured payment plans. Disney implementing such payment plans is part of the reason for the overcrowding. They made it easy for everyone so people don't have to be responsible enough to save up for the passes on the

    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.
    What about financing a brand new car? You get the car at the beginning and it feels special. Why can't getting a AP feel the same to some?
    And the reason for the overcrowding is ALL AP's, not just the monthly pay folks.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  6. #36

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.
    That's a matter of opinion, though. It's not a prize; it's a membership, and just as I pay my health club membership month by month, I can pay for my AP the same way.

    I know that regardless of how I pay for my AP - and I have used the payment plan in the past, although this year I paid in full - the treat is Disneyland itself, and the way I paid didn't make a single bit of difference.

  7. #37

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I know that regardless of how I pay for my AP - and I have used the payment plan in the past, although this year I paid in full - the treat is Disneyland itself, and the way I paid didn't make a single bit of difference.
    The problem I see is that the payment plan allows people to treat the Disneyland experience as a health club membership. If they actually have to save up for it becomes something much more because they have actually worked for it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    57

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference is most people can't figure out how to set aside money for something that they want. They have to rely on structured payment plans. Disney implementing such payment plans is part of the reason for the overcrowding. They made it easy for everyone so people don't have to be responsible enough to save up for the passes on the

    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.
    I'll have to disagree with you on that. It's not that some people can't figure out how to set aside money for something they want- when you say that, it almost implies that they are too lazy too, or that they are too stupid to- it's that it works out better for them. People are saving up for the AP- they are saving a certain amount of money per month. That is responsible. Just because someone divides the amount of money up rather than gives it all at once, it does not mean they're not responsible. In fact, they are taking care of themselves/their family while managing to go somewhere that they love. That, in my opinion, is incredibly responsible.

  9. #39

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The problem I see is that the payment plan allows people to treat the Disneyland experience as a health club membership. If they actually have to save up for it becomes something much more because they have actually worked for it.
    I would think most monthly pay AP'ers have jobs and actually do work for it.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  10. #40

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The problem I see is that the payment plan allows people to treat the Disneyland experience as a health club membership. If they actually have to save up for it becomes something much more because they have actually worked for it.
    Again, that's a difference of opinion. If it makes it more special for you, that's fine, but it doesn't apply to everyone. As Mike said, those on AP payment plans generally DO have jobs and are working hard to make those payments.

  11. #41

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,663

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So, you have problems with folks that use layaway? The same folks that use layaway so they can buy their children presents for the holidays? Wow...the Grinch who stole Christmas....
    You asked a question.. I answered it. I didn't say it was my belief.

    Payday loans have stigmas associated with them too.. are you now going to judge me because I am aware of things?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    As for the AP's and the overcrowding, That's Disney's fault and not the guest that is buying the pass. If Disney did not offer the monthly option then some folks would not get them plain and simple, but it's ludicrous to blame the consumer.
    And this is why people don't like the program - you don't find people hating on individuals just for using it typically. But when people are getting defensive, they can't seem to separate 'program' from 'users' of said program. The program as constructed allows the behaviors of users to be problematic. You aren't going to change people, so they should change the program.

    ---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Again, that's a difference of opinion. If it makes it more special for you, that's fine, but it doesn't apply to everyone. As Mike said, those on AP payment plans generally DO have jobs and are working hard to make those payments.
    Of course he wasn't inferring they don't have jobs. He was speaking to the idea of reward at the end of a long investment. The more scarse or difficult it is to achieve something.. the more you appreciate the result. Common vs rare...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Wow. The past few posts feel really segregistic.

    Having a financial analyst and financial systems professional as a wife, she bought our Premium AP's via the monthly plan. We could afford to buy them outright, but zero interest allowed our dollars to go further. She knows what's she doing, it's her profession.

    When she heard the plan she said it was genius and basically translates into being a gift from the Mouse by not charging interest. That one incentive generates a monthly income wether that person is in the park or not.

    Im really tired of the segregistic assumptions people have regarding the plan.

  13. #43

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    there are no reasons.

    Some people are just being ignorant.
    bingo!

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference is most people can't figure out how to set aside money for something that they want. They have to rely on structured payment plans. Disney implementing such payment plans is part of the reason for the overcrowding. They made it easy for everyone so people don't have to be responsible enough to save up for the passes on the

    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.

    OMG
    Your statements are ridiculous. Sorry, I apologize. Maybe for you, it's a "reward". Maybe to others, it's not. I don't consider it a "reward". It's something my wife and I have incorporated into our life. It's like having a closet full of shoes to choose from or a premium cable channel.
    Or as one has said, a gym membership. It makes sense.

    Basically, it's an option. We already knew we'd visit the parks more than four times this year (and have). So, instead of paying for four visits, economically, buying an AP is valid. Not being able to plan each trip, made the AP attractive.

    They payment plan, made the AP easy. Sure I said easy.
    we could have paid for it all at once. But if we don't have to, we won't. As I stated above, I'm married to a financial brainiac. It's her profession.

    *shaking my head*

  15. #45

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,983

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    I think pretty much all of the patrons at Disneyland can't stand the overflowing crowds.

    The boom of annual passports have caused the majority of this overcrowding.

    The monthly payment allows even more people to become annual passholders.

    So....basically people hate crowds. If you choose to be upset that people don't like the annual passes that's your perogative, fact is most of us just hate going to Disneyland and now DCA and barely being able to get around because it's so damn congested.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] so cal monthly payment plans for ap....
    By idkmybffminnie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
  2. [Question] Why No Out Of State Annual Pass Monthly Payment Options?
    By wedway in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. [Question] Is Disneyland going to make AP Monthly Payment plan for non-SoCal residents?
    By stevo505 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
  4. [Question] Disnyland AP Pass, Is there monthly payment plans?
    By JerrodDRagon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •