Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 140
  1. #46

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    291

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    My family and I live in Northern Ca. We have the Deluxe annual pass and pay monthly, $75 a month for 3 people is much more affordable than the 1300 up front. We make a trip about 3 times a year and stay for 3 or 4 days. So for us it is very much worth it.

    Our last trip was the 4 days before Thanksgiving and the park was very crowded, I am not a big believer that if Disneyland starts the Christmas party stuff in the evening and makes you pay extra for it I would go for it. The crowds in the evening were just unreal and most of the people were rude. So lets weed them out.

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    57

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If you choose to be upset that people don't like the annual passes that's your perogative, fact is most of us just hate going to Disneyland and now DCA and barely being able to get around because it's so damn congested.
    Oh, I'm not upset about it! I'm just trying to understand. By the way, I'm referring to monthly APers, not APs in general.

  3. #48

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,569

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I think pretty much all of the patrons at Disneyland can't stand the overflowing crowds.

    The boom of annual passports have caused the majority of this overcrowding.

    The monthly payment allows even more people to become annual passholders.

    So....basically people hate crowds. If you choose to be upset that people don't like the annual passes that's your perogative, fact is most of us just hate going to Disneyland and now DCA and barely being able to get around because it's so damn congested.

    The good part about the APs and the payment plan is if you get the PAP you can go on any day of the week. Trust me Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday, aren't that bad. As far as the weekends it's no different IMO as it has ever been in my lifetime of going to the resort which starts back in the 80s. I'm not saying the attendence isn't up because of them but I do think it gets exagerated on here. I had a friend of mine complain about how crowded it was this past weekend and he isn't a AP i had to remind him first off 3/4 APs were blacked out and 2 it was a holliday. Friday, Saturday, and Sundays are more crowded since people are off. I remember this always being the case though before the payment plans. Without all the hard facts that only the Disney company has we wouldn't really know anyways except off all of our own personal experiences. I just know I always aim my trips for mid week as I always have and have not had over crowding issues that's reported a lot on here and as always I enjoy each and every visit.

  4. #49

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    That's the other part of this debate that a lot of people seem to ignore...there ARE days when the park is dead slow, and every single attraction, just about, is a walk on, and I've been there for them. Those are the days when every AP from top tier on down is enabled, so obviously they're not crowding the park then. There are also days when the APs are all blocked, except for premium, and the park is unbearable. So blaming APs for the crowding is short sighted.

  5. #50

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,626

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    There are also days when the APs are all blocked, except for premium, and the park is unbearable. So blaming APs for the crowding is short sighted.
    Because the % of PAPs is up as well... again, monthly payments makes that level more obtainable. The huge volume of PAPs is Disney's biggest problem, they are a crowd they can not control due to lack of blackouts.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  6. #51

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Because the % of PAPs is up as well... again, monthly payments makes that level more obtainable. The huge volume of PAPs is Disney's biggest problem, they are a crowd they can not control due to lack of blackouts.
    In another thread it was mentioned that there are only about 300,000 PAPs out of about a million APs. They are not a majority. And honestly, if you can go every single day you're probably not going to choose to go on the heaviest days of the year, so again, it's not fair to blame those days on PAPs.
    Last edited by Malina; 11-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Because the % of PAPs is up as well... again, monthly payments makes that level more obtainable. The huge volume of PAPs is Disney's biggest problem, they are a crowd they can not control due to lack of blackouts.

    Premium Annual Passport holders are Disney's biggest "problem"???

    this "debate" gets darker and darker.

    Who has the solid numbers and facts to back up these claims?

    Id say, the overcrowding is from those darn vacationers who've saved a whole year to visit the parks whenever I go.

  8. #53

    •   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chino Hills , CA
    Posts
    455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference is most people can't figure out how to set aside money for something that they want. They have to rely on structured payment plans. Disney implementing such payment plans is part of the reason for the overcrowding. They made it easy for everyone so people don't have to be responsible enough to save up for the passes on the

    That is part of the problem with the payment plan making it so people don't have to save up for this. It makes it so most people don't see it as a special treat, because it is not the end reward of a year of saving up. When you get the prize at the beginning its not as special because there is not the feeling of working for it.
    I'm on the payment plan just because I can be , if I wanted to I could of payed for it in full no problem but there is no interest so why not. I treat the park with the most respect , even picking up trash from time to time. Payment plans are a horrible way to judge people.

    ---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 03:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    In another thread it was mentioned that there are only about 300,000 PAPs out of about a million APs. They are not a majority. And honestly, if you can go every single day you're probably not going to choose to go on the heaviest days of the year, so again, it's not fair to blame those days on PAPs.
    Last I heard from al there was 300,000 pap's and I'm one of them
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

  9. #54

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    This debate is about AP's complaining about other AP's. The overcrowding is your fault and Disney's fault. It is just too bad. Best to just relax instead of complaining about a situation that you can't control while being part of the problem.

  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe Disney has ever officially released any numbers on pass holders. Much of the numbers here are pure speculation. I don't think utilizing a service, that Disney offers, should be looked down upon at all. And if you're enjoying your pass, does it really matter what anyone here thinks? Not really.
    Jeff Wayne







  11. #56

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,147

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    You all are missing the boat!

    People am who they am and you can't judge them by their AP. But, it's fun to do so!

    And I'm the worst kind of tourist at DL. I'm an APer who is on the payment plan, I drop in for a little while, spend no money, park for free, pick my nose, and take up space that could be better used by other tourists.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  12. #57

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,626

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    In another thread it was mentioned that there are only about 300,000 PAPs out of about a million APs. They are not a majority. And honestly, if you can go every single day you're probably not going to choose to go on the heaviest days of the year, so again, it's not fair to blame those days on PAPs.
    The crowds are on the days when there is something to draw them too. The fanatics don't care about who else will be there.. they want to be there for 'the big event'. Buying a PAP ensures they won't ever be blacked out. They are buying the accessibility, not really the ability to go more often. That same accessibility is what makes them a problem - you can't keep them away making any event a big issue because you have so many people who WANT to be there, and can be there with virtually no additional cost to them. All it costs them is gas to get there.

    Why do you think the PAP's price jumped so much compared to the other AP prices last time around? They needed to thin the herd at the top.

    ---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I'm on the payment plan just because I can be , if I wanted to I could of payed for it in full no problem but there is no interest so why not. I treat the park with the most respect , even picking up trash from time to time. Payment plans are a horrible way to judge people
    True for you, but there are also countless people that say without the payment plan they couldn't afford their passes. While you pay for it this way because you can.. there are many that stretch themselves and pay this way because its the only way they can afford it. That is the spending behavior calsig is referring to.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    And I'm the worst kind of tourist at DL. I'm an APer who is on the payment plan, I drop in for a little while, spend no money, park for free, pick my nose, and take up space that could be better used by other tourists.
    But you are quite wrong, you did spend money and it is evidenced by your willingness to buy an AP where you opened your wallet to spend more money at Disneyland. Thus the idea of an AP is to satiate the Disney fan by giving him what he wants.

    It is low risk to let the AP population grow. Disney gets your money upfront. You get to go to the parks. It's a win win. They do know you actually don't spend too much actual time in the park. I heard APs only spend 3 hours at any particular visit. Sometimes when I go to the parks late in the evening like at 6pm, the spaces are full. The adjacent spaces are empty when I returned to my car at 9pm. This is not scientific, but I do notice the people who parked next to me when I arrived. They left earlier than me.

  14. #59

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,910

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    But you are quite wrong, you did spend money and it is evidenced by your willingness to buy an AP where you opened your wallet to spend more money at Disneyland. Thus the idea of an AP is to satiate the Disney fan by giving him what he wants.

    It is low risk to let the AP population grow. Disney gets your money upfront. You get to go to the parks. It's a win win. They do know you actually don't spend too much actual time in the park. I heard APs only spend 3 hours at any particular visit. Sometimes when I go to the parks late in the evening like at 6pm, the spaces are full. The adjacent spaces are empty when I returned to my car at 9pm. This is not scientific, but I do notice the people who parked next to me when I arrived. They left earlier than me.
    This is where I disagree. Yes it's low risk to a point. Once the park is full to the point that they are getting less tourists it's a huge problem. Hotels aren't being filled, less people are staying the entire day there so they are eating less on site. The more people come from out of town and see the unbearable crowds, see the 100+ minute wait for some of the E-ticket rides, there will be less of a desire to come back.

    It's a good cash cow now for Disney, but eventually the cattling of guests will catch up.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    102

    Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

    here in tacoma we have a little theme park called wild waves, people generally get passes and drop their kids off as a way to keep them busy for the day. because of this, it is filled with rude, unruly teenagers for the most part and not a fun day for my family at least. there are times when we visit DLR (which we only do every other year) and it can feel just like this. there are crowds of local teens, loud and disrespectful.. it almost feels like they are hanging out like the mall rather than it feeling like a resort as it was intended.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] so cal monthly payment plans for ap....
    By idkmybffminnie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
  2. [Question] Why No Out Of State Annual Pass Monthly Payment Options?
    By wedway in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. [Question] Is Disneyland going to make AP Monthly Payment plan for non-SoCal residents?
    By stevo505 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
  4. [Question] Disnyland AP Pass, Is there monthly payment plans?
    By JerrodDRagon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •