Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

Just wondering. I know there's dislike for APers because of them going a lot and there's more crowding, but I've seen some posts that say that monthly payment APers are worse. Why is this? I can't seem to find a reason why they're worse.
    Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: Why is there dislike for monthly payment APers?

There are no reasons.

Some people are just being ignorant.

• -

It's not that people on monthly payment plans have worse behavior than others. The payment plan just leads to more people acquiring passes and contributes to the over crowding problem. The same can be said for the lower level passes, but at least they have block out days.

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    There are no reasons.

Some people are just being ignorant.
    There are plenty of reasons for people to be against the payment plans. To call them ignorant because their ideas may differ from your own is being rude to them and dismissive of their opinions.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's not that people on monthly payment plans have worse behavior than others. The payment plan just leads to more people acquiring passes and contributes to the over crowding problem. The same can be said for the lower level passes, but at least they have block out days.
    I've seen people act like they behave worse... for example I saw a post earlier that basically said that Disney was replacing them with APers, or even worse, monthly payment APers. I'm not going to quote the person or anything because it's in no way meant to call them out, but I really don't understand what is so horrible about monthly payment APers vs one time payment APers.

• I'm not really here

There are plenty of reasons for people to be against the payment plans. To call them ignorant because their ideas may differ from your own is being rude to them and dismissive of their opinions.
    The original post was referring to APers on the payment plan not the APs themselves. Hence the replay post stating that anyone claiming AP holders on the payment plan were worse for some reason were ignorant. Your post was talking about the plans themselves, the first two were talking about the holders. Subtle but important difference.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

So, there is a definative bias against APers. It's totally unfounded and completely assumed.
    until there are definative, solid numbers proving these theories, it's all ignorant assumptions.

Id say, who cares who has a pass, it doesn't make a difference. We're all people enjoying the park. Wen you enter the happiest place on earth with a chip on your shoulder, blaming APer for your grief, it may be time for you to buy an AP.

the program is a great program, it is priced well, and it seems to work.

The special perks are even better, merchandise, extras, etc.
    I encourage all of my friends to purchase the AP and a selling point IS the no interest payment option.

If there is a referral program, I might need to register.

It is just a symptom of the blame game so prevalent in today's society. "This has to be somebody's fault but it is not mine." Finger pointing wars escalate & nothing is solved. It all boils down to a refusal to accept personal responsibility, which is an endemic plague ravaging America.
    Don't fret, here's how you play. Management blames the APs (which they created) for overcrowding. The one time paying AP blames the monthly paying AP who, in turn, blame the lower priced AP who blame the out of town tourist who blames the Management for creating APs. Now it is nobody's fault.
    You will find this disease in all aspects of life today. This demonization of the other validates one's own position. In fact, it has no validity. You are observing a complete lack of cogent observation & a refusal to work to a solution for the general good. Although we at MC can actually do nothing to actually solve the crowding issue which prompted the OP's question, it would be advantageous to refrain from lazy arguments so that we can enjoy an intelligent discourse.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by the mermaid View Post
    I've seen some posts that say that monthly payment APers are worse. Why is this?
    Why is this? It's not exactly true.

If you look at attendance over the years, there was no special rise because of APs. There were rises because of ticket specials that reversed slowdowns and the new park built across the Esplanade.

APs can hardly make DLR more crowded, and certainly not super crowded because they are blocked out during those times.

So why the complaints about the payment system, ignorant scapegoating. Payment plans didn't cause a huge surge in AP holders.

• ooooooOO!

For certain people, having an AP isn't enough. They begin to develop a sense of entitlement and start to believe Disneyland is there's, and everyone else is just in the way. They look for a scapegoat to vent their frustration, and some happen to choose monthly AP holders.

The payment plan probably did effect the rise in AP holders, crowding, and price hikes to some degree, but it would be ignorant to say that was the only or even the biggest factor. There was the new lands created, the consistently growing population in California, China's booming economy = tourists, or just a business strategy to maximize profit.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    So, there is a definative bias against APers. It's totally unfounded and completely assumed.
    until there are definative, solid numbers proving these theories, it's all ignorant assumptions.
    Not true. Al Lutz has talked about this issue in depth. Attendance is one of his main topics.

There is nothing wrong with the people who own passes. They're not worse people than the rest. Disneyland is just getting over crowded and the AP plan is one, not only, reasons behind it. If you want to read more about numbers and statistics, then i'd suggest reading Al Lutz's articles. Crowds can be a problem and you have to draw a line at some point. Its hard, if not even possible, to enjoy peaceful moments in the park if the crowds are like that of New Years Eve or One More Disney Day. And at that point, Disneyland has to close its gates and thousands of unsuspecting guests have to be denied access and sent home. That is where this is all leading to and most people do not want that. AP'r or not. Nobody wants that. There has been reliable sources, such as Al Lutz, that the causal drop in's by AP's are a major factor in overloading Disneyland's infrastructure. I dont mind who visits the park. But I do mind Disneyland getting chaotic and hitting max capacity and closing its gates. Balance needs to be found some way. I don't want to have to drive an hour to the park only to get denied at the gates because disneyland has hit capacity.

And I am not biased against APs cause I have been one consistently for 22 years and still visit the park every single week. I understand the problem Disneyland is facing and understand why I have to pay more now for my Premium pass. I look at the numbers, read the reports and I've seen the change in the parks over the years. It sucks, but I get it. And I know I am part of the problem cause I've been a drop in AP'er since the 90's and accept responsibility that i need to pay more to retain this privilege. Im totally fine with it.

The writings been on the wall for a while.

There's another wrinkle. I've heard grumbling from AP's that the payment plan just encourages bad financial choice-making from people who really can't afford a pass. It's indicative of the behavior that has gotten the US into the financial mess we now find ourselves in.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm reporting what I've heard stated with some frequency.

That said, I do believe this is probably true for some payment plan AP's. But on the other hand, almost everyone has a credit card or two on which they could put their passes if the payment plan weren't available. So I don't know that with any great frequency having a payment plan at your disposal encourages one to purchase an AP he or she can't afford.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation View Post
    There's another wrinkle. I've heard grumbling from AP's that the payment plan just encourages bad financial choice-making from people who really can't afford a pass. It's indicative of the behavior that has gotten the US into the financial mess we now find ourselves in.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm reporting what I've heard stated with some frequency.

That said, I do believe this is probably true for some payment plan AP's. But on the other hand, almost everyone has a credit card or two on which they could put their passes if the payment plan weren't available. So I don't know that with any great frequency having a payment plan at your disposal encourages one to purchase an AP he or she can't afford.
    I think this can apply to anyone with a credit card not just APers. As far as the overall topic I think it;s a small group of people who actually judge pass holders. On here though you can post anonymously so I am sure some people just pile on. I am a APer but I pay mine all in one shot but I don't see there being an issue with either sides honestly. On busy days it;s impossible for anyone to judge how many APers and tourists there are. I just go to have fun not to try and count out who has a AP or not.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Why is this? It's not exactly true.

If you look at attendance over the years, there was no special rise because of APs. There were rises because of ticket specials that reversed slowdowns and the new park built across the Esplanade.
    The AP impact isn't on pushing up yearly clicks - but rather the uncontrolled spikes and ineffecient visiting patterns. The premiums can descend on the park at will and their visiting patterns stress the infrastructure.

APs can hardly make DLR more crowded, and certainly not super crowded because they are blocked out during those times.
    PAPs have no blackouts.

So why the complaints about the payment system, ignorant scapegoating. Payment plans didn't cause a huge surge in AP holders.
    They did.. and helped stem defections as the prices continued to rise. The climb in AP holders has been well covered in the past (and before DCA v2)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation View Post

Sure, but even if you had $600 laying around why pay it at once if its interest free? Monthly payment makes more sense.

• Still lost in Neverland

I am an AP making monthly payments for one reason. I live on Social Security and cannot afford the cost all at once. Spreading it out over 12 months with no interest charges is the only way I can do it. It is the only way I would be able to go to Disneyland/DCA. It is a great way for older people like me to still be able to come to our favorite place.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast