Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone know why there is no Lion King ride?

I know the new generation is more into Cars than older movies like Lion King but I walways thought it would be cool if instead of Cars Land it was Pride Rock...lol

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I know the new generation is more into Cars than older movies like Lion King but I walways thought it would be cool if instead of Cars Land it was Pride Rock...lol
    Actually, The Lion King is still very popular with the new generation, along with the other Renaissance movies. It seems to be that the the majority of films that the younger generations neglect are the Walt-era films while the popularity of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King rages on.

I for one wouldn't want Pride Rock instead of Cars Land. It makes no sense whatsoever in the Californian theme. Cars Land isn't perfect, but it's better than choosing a movie franchise that lacks any connection with the parks' theme. Just my two cents.

IMO, The Lion King just wouldn't lend itself well to a dark ride. I don't think Beauty and the Beast would either.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think a Lion King ride in Animal Kingdom would be great, and they could always convert Aladdin's Oasis in to a Lion King-themed restaurant with a dinner show.

Slightly off-topic, they could always take the Motor Boat Cruise area and turn that in to a Beauty and the Beast dark ride at the thematic level of Little Mermaid.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    IMO, The Lion King just wouldn't lend itself well to a dark ride. I don't think Beauty and the Beast would either.
    I actually disagree. In my opinion, both TLK and BATB could beautifully be turned into dark rides. TLK could feature portions of the film such as the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" scene with a cast of animatronic animals, an elephant graveyard portion that plays the role of sinister and frightening scene that all dark rides seem to have, an "Hakuna Matata" scene where you cross the iconic bridge as Simba transitions from cub to lion, the scene where Mufasa's ghost appears in the clouds urging him to reclaim his rightful place as king. All this could beautifully be translated into three dimnsions for an incredible experience. It all depends on how it's crafted. TLM also had the potential to be incredible, but came up short on the immersion and the story, resulting in an underwhelming experience. But that doesn't mean that a TLK or BATB ride would follow the same path.

• Nic

Lion King seems too long of a movie to be converted into dark ride format. I feel like they could miss some awesome scenes, trying to get all the main points across.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Probably the same reason why there isn't one for Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, the Fox and the Hound, Bambi or the Avengers. With such a rich film history, they can't get to everything.
    I think I may be one of the only people who has always wished for a Pete's Dragon dark ride. Really, I think I'd ride over and over again running away from The Gogans and Dr. Terminus. And it would absolutely be the best ride ever! For me anyway, that movie is way underrated.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Probably the same reason why there isn't one for Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, the Fox and the Hound, Bambi or the Avengers. With such a rich film history, they can't get to everything.
    The Avengers?!???

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

While Lion King and BATB are classics that deserve attractions, I'm of the same thinking they they don't make good rides. They should be represented somehow though. But with no room in Adventureland, Lion King will have to wait, I suppose.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'm sort of amazed that AK was not built around the Lion King.

• some assembly required

Without spending too much time on certain logistics/budget/etc, I had wondered outloud with friends on our last trip...
    We supposed that if they re-inforced the roofing and supports for Indy's show building, took a sliver of space from the edge of JC for queue, they could stack the show building for a LK darkride right on top of it. We debated wether it would/could be seen from the main path thru AV.

As for CC, since they are mixing the English wood with the souther river country, I don't see why they couldn't mix in an African Savanna. The GP do not seem to mind these types of themeing mash-ups.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Your Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    As for CC, since they are mixing the English wood with the souther river country, I don't see why they couldn't mix in an African Savanna. The GP do not seem to mind these types of themeing mash-ups.
    Agreed. And there would be more room than Adventureland.

But I hope they put a Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin dark ride in a future 3rd gate. There just isn't enough space in Disneyland for any of these and none would fit thematically in DCA.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think a future Disney park, like Shanghai, should have a Lion King ride in/on/around Pride Rock at the thrill level of Big Thunder.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12