Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Park Visiting Frequency

With all the talk about the AP price increases, it made me curious, how often does everyone get a chance to visit the parks? For some of you, it sounds like you visit quite frequently (I'm very jealous). For others like myself, I live up north and haven't been able to visit very often (think like less than once every 5 years). So, just for fun, (and to make myself even more jealous) how much time does every get to spend at the park?

Re: Park Visiting Frequency

When I was at my old job, I'd go once or twice a month. Now that I work 6 days a week, I haven't been in forever. Seriously forever, like 2 years. But since my job is seasonal, when it's the off season, I plan on trying to make it once a month.

I've only been to DL four times, since I moved to SoCal. I'm down in SD so I'm only like 100 miles away which is nothing, but I don't get the chance to go too often, like once every other month. I obviously don't stay in a hotel since I'm not that far, so I only stay for the day.

•   
    • Minion

It takes me about 3 hours one way to get to DLR - I take public transportation - so if I'm lucky I get there once a month or once every two months, when my pass isn't blocked. When I had friends with APs it was easier because I could ride down to Disneyland with them, but everyone I know has let their pass lapse.

jealous.... google maps says I could get there in 19 hours and 22 minutes. So I figure I could do it in less, and 1 day if I drove all night. Then not be able to get in because I spent all my money on gas.......
    When I was at my old job, I'd go once or twice a month. Now that I work 6 days a week, I haven't been in forever. Seriously forever, like 2 years. But since my job is seasonal, when it's the off season, I plan on trying to make it once a month.
    Isn't it funny, you get these jobs, and you think, "now I'll finally have the money to do that!" Then you gotta figure out when you have the time cause you're always at work.

• a damsel not in distress

next month i'll be going on my fifth trip to disneyland: i went for the first time when i was six or seven, i went the summer after my high school graduation, last october, in june for my college graduation, and then next month for a holiday/birthday trip.

as you can see, it's been pretty sporadic for me. the first two trips happened years apart, and then within fourteen months i'm packing in three trips. unfortunately, this next trip will probably be my last for another two or three years.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• world class bilge rat

I used to go two or 3 times a year, but because of the huge crowds, these days it's only once a year.

If the crowds ever thin out, I'll go back to 2 or 3 times a year.

Rob

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

As an annual pass-holder for the last 6 years, I visit the park about 2 times a month.

But it seems like I went the most this year, for example, I think I went 7 or 8 times in June because of the Grand Opening of Cars Land.

My pass is about to come to an end, and I won't be renewing it because of the price and also because I'm kind of bored with it already. I will be renewing it again once something big open like Iron Man or something.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

I don't know if I should answer this, but I'm thinking somewhere around 30 times since Cars Land opened. *lol* A lot of that is going and seeing the Mad T Party band on a Friday or Saturday night, but then again, I usually catch the 80z All Stars there too. I will occasionally go and take pictures, but I think since Labor Day, I haven't been to just do rides. I need to do that one of these days. I happen to live 15 minutes due west of the park and I work about 10 minutes north of the park.

• Prince Eric

Hmmm let me think about this one... uhmm carry the 7, add those three, multiply by 24. Andddd we get, 110 times in the last two years but if you want to break it down about 4 or 5 times a month *blushsmiley*
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Annual Passholder here. I go every other weekend. So typically it's park one week rest the next. Rinse wash repeat. Sometimes it's one a month though, but mostly it's two a month. Each time I like to splurge out at Cafe Orleans for breakfast, Carthay Circle Theater for lunch, and Carnation Cafe for dinner. I really need to cut down on my costs and start eating less expensive meals

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    next month i'll be going on my fifth trip to disneyland: i went for the first time when i was six or seven, i went the summer after my high school graduation, last october, in june for my college graduation, and then next month for a holiday/birthday trip.

as you can see, it's been pretty sporadic for me. the first two trips happened years apart, and then within fourteen months i'm packing in three trips. unfortunately, this next trip will probably be my last for another two or three years.
    I feel you, right there with ya on that!! If I'm lucky I may save up to go in a few years.... Oh, wait, I'll be paying off my degree....

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I used to go two or 3 times a year, but because of the huge crowds, these days it's only once a year.

If the crowds ever thin out, I'll go back to 2 or 3 times a year.

Rob
    Two or three times a year seems like a decent amount to me, not too much so that I'd never be suprised at what I saw, I'm sorry that the crowds are too muc,! more friends to make....?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    As an annual pass-holder for the last 6 years, I visit the park about 2 times a month.

But it seems like I went the most this year, for example, I think I went 7 or 8 times in June because of the Grand Opening of Cars Land.

My pass is about to come to an end, and I won't be renewing it because of the price and also because I'm kind of bored with it already. I will be renewing it again once something big open like Iron Man or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    I don't know if I should answer this, but I'm thinking somewhere around 30 times since Cars Land opened. *lol* A lot of that is going and seeing the Mad T Party band on a Friday or Saturday night, but then again, I usually catch the 80z All Stars there too. I will occasionally go and take pictures, but I think since Labor Day, I haven't been to just do rides. I need to do that one of these days. I happen to live 15 minutes due west of the park and I work about 10 minutes north of the park.
    Wow, I'm like horribly jealous of you two!! I really want to visit again!!! You should do trip reports EVERY time you go, so those of us poor unfortunate souls can live vicariously through you!

Oh, SolCalbma,
    Your videos are wonderful by the way. I liked the holiday comparison one, I showed it to my family, who were also impressed.

• Under that tree again!

After my niece was born my sister's life changed. When my niece was a bit over 3 I offered to take my niece once a month so my sister and brother inlaw could have a date night/weekend.

Since then I've been going roughly 10-15 times a year for 2 to 4.5 days each visit. I also visit WDW each year, though have held off this last year waiting for the New Fantasyland to open.

• Nic

3 one day trips a year, one 3 day trip every 3 years.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Selfie Expert

Normally we would do one three-day trip a year, sometimes two. Now with AP that we bought in Sept, we have made 3 or 4 trips since then, I have a trip planned with first-timers in a couple weeks, then we will be rather limited with the hubs new job schedule so not sure how often we'll be out... but we have already more than gotten our money's worth out of the AP. So happy to have it this year!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast