• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Questions about late January

Ok guys I'm trying to decide where the lady and I should go this Jan and we're looking primarily at DL instead of WDW because we both haven't been and we got a quick two night day and a half trip planned out, how are the crowds in DL around 22-24 of Jan?

This is probably going to be the final part in the discussion, we'd be staying on property at one of the DL hotels using my DVC membership so any suggestion there would be great as well...or would it be cheaper to save the points and stay at a partner hotel?

Thanks, we're WDW regulars and just want to try something different speaking of which is WoC open in Jan? Not sure what SoCal weather is like last time I was there it was August in camp Pendleton and that's never fun lol
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Under that tree again!

Re: Questions about late January

WoC runs normally 365 days a year, but happens to have two midweeks off, after your dates.

It's cool and could be rainy. Check it before you leave because the rain happens on and off so it's hit or miss. It's usually light jacket weather but check that too it may be pleasant compared to Chicago.

DVC points are well spent at the GCH DVC villas, but not so well spent on non DVC rooms. If you can otherwise use them you may want to hold onto them if not staying in DVC rooms. The Grand Californian Hotel is very nice, like the GF with WL styling. The Disneyland Hotel is very Disney themed, unlike what you find at WDW where the hotels have a period and or a place theme.

Partner hotels? If you mean good neighbors hotels start looking elsewhere, not disneyland.com. You can book these directly or through third party sites for cheaper. It's nice to stay close but the hotels are so-so, like motels built in the 60s-70s. Thos motels right across Harbor from the parks are short walks to the gates and 1/2 or 1/3 of staying onsite. They are some nicer hotels to the south, Hilton, Embassy Suites ect, which will be cheaper than onsite but require a shuttle ride to get to the parks.

Crowds will be very low. Hours will be short 10am to 8pm. No fireworks or Fantasmic! showing.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Questions about late January

Swampy nailed it on the head! Crowds should be next to nothing, but the hours will also be short.

Overall, after the holidays is my personal favorite time to visit. As awesome as the holidays are in terms of decorations and overlays, it's nice to visit the park when it's a little slower. Even if you get a slight drizzle when you're there, it shouldn't deter from anything really.

Good luck!