Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: Anyone heard if they were selected for the reserved Candlelight seating?

My initial instinct was to choose all of the showtimes but I ended up only selecting 4 showtimes and was chosen for the December 12th showing. Mary Poppins has got to be my favorite Disney film EVER so seeing Dick van Dyke will definitely be quite the treat!

I entered for only the weekend dates and shows. I was selected for Dec. 8 at 7:30pm

I wish they hadn't lied to the public about the dining packages. How strange that the one time I want Disney to milk guests for money they aren't doing it.

• I'm wishing

As I said before, I didn't win any of the tickets, but if anyone has a single ticket available for one of the Dick Van Dyke dates (Wed, the 12th or Thurs, the 13th), I would love to be able to go!!! If your group may have an extra, feel free to contact me and get my phone number, I would happily be "on call" for those nights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neff man View Post
    I entered my wife's and my AP's for all dates and times, and I was selected for the Dec. 7th 7:30 performance and my wife was selected for the Dec. 11th 7:30 performance.
    I was quite surprised we both were selected given the number of AP's out there. We have Premium AP's and I am wondering what type of passes those that were selected and not selected have. If it was truly random I think I need to buy some PowerBall Lotto tickets for Wednesday!
    Quote Originally Posted by edcub View Post
    I entered for only the weekend dates and shows. I was selected for Dec. 8 at 7:30pm
    ahhh! You guys are both so lucky!!! I didn't even know this was going on for APers! Edward James Olmos is narrating on the 7th and 8th. He's my favorite. *sigh*

• Banned User

Still waiting for the last APer in our party to open his email; he is the one who truely wants to go to this. I kinda didn't want to go to this anyway, so I will take it as a sign if he doesn't get picked (meaning none of us got it). All I wanted to see was the ppl walking thru DL with candles and singing - I am not even sure that this element is part of the event. If it is, I hope I can see it from the hub for a few minutes and then carry on with the rest of my evening at DL.

Congratz to the winners who really wanted to be there!

I got the big Sorry you are not winner email too.

Do they close the park early when they do this, or can you stand from a distance and watch? Oh, and how do you get out of the park, if all this is going on right at the exit?

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I got the big Sorry you are not winner email too.

Do they close the park early when they do this, or can you stand from a distance and watch? Oh, and how do you get out of the park, if all this is going on right at the exit?
    No, the park does not close for this event. Candlelight is, I assume, the same set up as every other year; meaning that you will be able to watch from behind a roped area which is first come first served & standing room only (usually there are a limited amount of seats for elderly/disabled). You stand right behind the seated area which is what this AP lottery was for. So the SRO are not bad spots, but you may have to do some waiting to get a (good) spot.

As for exiting the park, it has always been a nightmare right before/during the show but everyone struggled through it since it was just one weekend. Maybe they will use the back way exit by the Coke Corner when showtime is nearing....? Hopefully someone heading up guest control has thought about how this will all work.

flower gleam & glow...

• Disney Junkie

i got in!

December 17th at the 5:30 pm showing!

this will be my first year actually getting to see this performance and i have been a passholder for 6 years.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I think this was the first year they offered it up to pass holders like this. I have been a pass holder off and on since the 90's. This will be our first time to see the program as I usually avoided the park on the days this was going on.
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

• True Disney Freak

December 9th 5:30PM... first time I have ever been selected for an AP event

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    I just checked my email and got selected for next Tuesday Dec 4th at 5:30 p.m and I can bring up to four AP holders. Too bad, I can't go on Tuesday due to work so I can't take anyone. Oh well.
    So you picked a date that you couldn't actually go? If so, brilliant. I'm sure those that wanted to go and didn't get selected are very happy to hear this.

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neff man View Post
    I entered my wife's and my AP's for all dates and times, and I was selected for the Dec. 7th 7:30 performance and my wife was selected for the Dec. 11th 7:30 performance.
    I was quite surprised we both were selected given the number of AP's out there. We have Premium AP's and I am wondering what type of passes those that were selected and not selected have. If it was truly random I think I need to buy some PowerBall Lotto tickets for Wednesday!
    This is where I wish they would limit it to one winner per HH. Is there really a need to go more than once when others would love to be able to attend. Not really a knock on you, more on Disneyland for letting this happen.

And for the record, I'm no longer an AP and would not be able to attend. I have no skin in this game, just pointing out flaws in the system.

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    I think this was the first year they offered it up to pass holders like this. I have been a pass holder off and on since the 90's. This will be our first time to see the program as I usually avoided the park on the days this was going on.
    Congrats to you and all of the other first-timers. It's a great show and you will truly love it. It's one of the many things I will miss about DL since we let our AP's lapse. Have Fun!!

Going on the 13th at 7:30 to see Dick Van Dyke and so stoked!

• Foolish Mortal

I got in for the 12th at 7:30!

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I got in for the 12th at 7:30!
    I got the same! How long will the show last? I'm debating eating before or after the show. My sister won't get there until around 6:30 so eating before might be cutting it close, but if the show lasts longer than a hour it might be kind of late to eat after.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast