Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dead men tell no tales.

If you had an empty park....

If you had one full day in the Disneyland resort with NO ONE there, what would you do. Let's say all the CM are there to operate the rides but other than that the park is empty, what would be your daily itinerary? Let's say you can bring some friends and family as well.

With no one there, I'd watch the sun rise in the park and then ride Space Mountain and the other Tomorrowland attractions, but at a very leisurely pace, taking time to take in the atmosphere of the park. Then I'd head to Adventureland and ride the Jungle Cruise and perhaps pick up a Dole Whip I'd then ride Indy a few times and have lunch in New Orleans. I might even take a nap by concrete by The Rivers of America, so peacefull. Then I'd watch Fantasmic from the Dream Suite balcony (best seat in the house) and the Fireworks from the partners statue.

• Under that tree again!

Re: If you had an empty park....

With only the ride CMs there? Hmmm

Well I'd start by diving off one of the waterfalls and swimming across the sub lagoon. Then I'd climb the Matterhorn to dry off, shoot some hoops inside on my way down. I'd pull some Autopia cars off the track so I can drive around the park instead of using my legs like a sucker. In fact those cars are small so I'm going to drive them through some Main Street stores.

• a damsel not in distress

i'm going to have to be less adventurous than swampy and just channel my inner seven year old, which would include running from ride to ride and eating all the mickey pretzels, pineapple, and tacos i could handle with my best friend. we would try on all the different ears and take pictures with all the characters. and when we were finally tired we would plop down to watch fantasmic! and the fireworks to re-charge before re-riding all the rides that are "cool" to ride after dark, like big thunder mountain and splash mountain.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Minion

enjoy the haunted mansion stretching room without all of the chattering, screaming people

I think it would be boring. I don't like HUGE crowds but a totally empty park would be very dull. I've been there when the crowds were very low and I could pretty much do everything I wanted no lines. That's how I like it.
    Janette

• Banned User

I'd open the gates to a FEW less fortunate and act like Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka.
    as we went from ride to ride, we'd loose some snotty brat...one by one.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I'd open the gates to a FEW less fortunate and act like Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka.
    as we went from ride to ride, we'd loose some snotty brat...one by one.
    lol

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, after I woke up from my dead faint, I'd stroll down Main St looking in every store & trying on EVERYTHING! Then I'd join swampy in his swim in the sub lagoon. I've wanted to do that since I was a little kid. Then I'd leisurely stroll from ride to ride taking my sweet time and enjoying all the sights. On each ride, I'd do my best princess-wave to the CM and say "Once around again, please" until I was 'done' with that ride, then I'd say 'Thank You' and move along to the next ride. I'd make all the princesses let me try on their dresses (since this is a fantasy, they would all fit!). Then I'd go over to DCA and do the same thing. Stroll the shops, try stuff on, ride all the rides over and over til I was 'done' with each ride.

I'd eat at Club 33, ride in the Lily Belle, 'steer' the Mark Twain. Have a drink in the 1901 Lounge. I'd take a nap in the Dream Suite halfway through the day to refresh myself. I'd watch Fantasmic from the DS balcony, and the fireworks from the hub with NO ONE IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! Watch a private showing of WOC from right in the center.

And then I would wake up and cry. But what a wonderful dream!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I'd paddle a Davy Crockett canoe through Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Minion

I'd take the perfect pictures. With no one else there, I wouldn't feel bad for hogging up the Photopass Photographers' time or feel awkward doing crazy poses.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    we would plop down to watch fantasmic! and the fireworks to re-charge before re-riding all the rides that are "cool" to ride after dark, like big thunder mountain and splash mountain.
    Fantasmic! wouldn't be running that day, lol

Sounds kinda creepy. I like the idea of the park with so few visitors that all rides are virtual (less than 3 minute wait) walk-ons, but to be totally empty of people would drain much of the excitement and 'noise' that brings the park to life.

• formerly very helpful

I'd do everything I can normally do, without the crowds and hassle. But then I'd focus on things I can't do, like walking through some attractions, like Pirates. I'd get into some real roleplaying, and lose myself in the Rivers of America, and Jungle Cruise.
    And TAKE MY TIME AND SAVOR IT!

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    With only the ride CMs there? HmmmWell I'd start by diving off one of the waterfalls and swimming across the sub lagoon. Then I'd climb the Matterhorn to dry off, shoot some hoops inside on my way down. I'd pull some Autopia cars off the track so I can drive around the park instead of using my legs like a sucker. In fact those cars are small so I'm going to drive them through some Main Street stores.
    Everything you said,but I would have a photo pass photogragher take my pictures of me and my friends,and I can take my pictures with my new camera too
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Fantasmic! wouldn't be running that day, lol
    hmmm, i guess i just assumed the CMs would be there for entertainment too, since the op talked about fantasmic! in his scenario as well.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast