Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you have a single favorite day at Disneyland -- EVER?

Just curious if anyone else shares a memory of a single "perfect" day?

I remember one. It was February 1980. Yes, I remember that far back. My father took my best friend and me to the annual shareholder's meeting, which started around 9 a.m. Around 11 a.m., we left and went to Disneyland. It was POURING rain and very cold, but if there were 5,000 people in the park, I'd be surprised.

We went on Space Mountain, Adventures Thru Inner Space, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder -- all the major attractions. I do remember the sun coming out around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and taking Super 8 film of it, it looked so beautiful. I didn't have a sound movie camera, but later I recorded some Disney music and created a little music video.

Characters were out, there were literally no lines on ANYTHING, we could walk right on. It was like that the whole day, and then around 6 p.m., we went home -- and here we are 32 years later and I still remember that vision of a "perfect" day at Disneyland!

• Banned User

Re: Do you have a single favorite day at Disneyland -- EVER?

My first visit. I was 10, family vacation. It was part of a two week road trip. It was magic. I feel that every time I pass under the bridge.

• Blew By You

Before marriage: 1975. I flew down from Eureka to spend a weekend with my family and I wanted to go to Disneyland. It would be the last time we went as a family for the once a year visit. I felt like a kid again even though I was at Humboldt State. It was a nice end to a wonderful tradition.

• I'm not really here

My favorite day at Disneyland ever is any day I'm there. If I'm there, it's perfect.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Selfie Expert

Actually just a couple months ago, I had one of the best days I've ever had at Disneyland. The crowds were low, and we got to ride the Lilly Belle (thanks to one amazing CM), the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, and walk on every ride we wanted. It was just... perfect. Everything worked out, and I was with the love of my life.

Every trip I take, I try to make the best trip ever. While I'm there, it usually feels like it is!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Wow it would be hard to pick!! I remember perfect moments, and there were always some every day so it would be hard to choose just one.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

•   
    • Minion

2006. I was on vacation alone, and I'd unfortunately showed up at DLR on a very busy day. In frustration I went over to DCA instead. When I came out of the Tower of Terror (I was still riding it at the time) I wanted a lanyard with a laminate in the gift shop. I stood there for a good five minutes and I finally thought "wait, maybe I don't need this right now" and left.

Less than 30 minutes later, as I was leaving Monsters, Inc., I was handed a Dream FastPass...a laminate. There were actually two, one for each park, with FastPasses for every single ride that used them. I could use my park ticket for FPs as usual, too, so I spent the rest of the day blissfully bopping from ride to ride in both parks. I did just about every ride in both parks and was there for about 14 hours.

Close second: last year when a good friend came down to visit, and we spent the day at Disneyland having a lot of silly fun.

KellyMcG86

I absolutely agree. I am also fortunate that my hubby loves Disneyland as much as I do. That makes it more special.

• a damsel not in distress

every time i go it's my favorite time, but in hindsight, the day i remember the most clearly and fondly was a day from my trip back in 2008. my best friend and i roadtripped down from northern california for our graduation trip. i hadn't been in twelve years, so i was worried i might not like it...oh my god! what a dumb assumption!

we bounced between all the rides and i saw dca for the first time and i wore classic disney ears the entire day. it was surprisingly not busy for a day in august, and somehow they always needed two more people on the ride, so we were always pushed to the front. i remember seeing fantasmic! for the first time and almost crying. we ended the day eating pizza in bed in our hotel.

it was the most magical trip.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

My boyfriend had always been a Disney hater. I guess a person hears too many bad stories about the "evil corporation next door" (thanks a lot, OC Weekly) and it sucks the magic out of Disneyland. After moving down here to SoCal, I could never get him to go to Disneyland with me, even after I started getting annual passes with my mom. Over the years, his Disney hatred softened, and we even went together once, but he still refused to get an annual pass, even if I offered to pay. I had to figure out a clever way of getting him to accept an annual pass as a gift.

So, Christmas Day, 2010, I treated my mom and boyfriend to dinner at the Napa Rose. As I had arranged, we each exchanged one small gift after our meal. I gave my boyfriend a photobook, which he loved, but it was just a ruse. Inside the book, I had tucked an annual pass. He lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree when he saw it. "You mean we could go right now??"

We went straight to the old AP processing center and he got his picture taken. After that, we rode a few rides. We were only there for a few hours (I think we left Napa Rose at 10pm), but it was so great to see my boyfriend so excited to be in Disneyland, and to know there would be many more visits in the future.

For the record, he adores Disney now and has continued to renew his pass.
    Last edited by The First Star; 11-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.

I TOTALLY agree with mycroft16!!

• MargyDisneylandLover

The perfect day would have to be back on September 11th 2010 (yes i know not a great day in history but it just happened to land that way) It was my last day there for that trip and I got to first ride in the nose of the red monorail with the the operator then I went to main street and waited and got to ride in the Lilly belle, and then finally got to go into the pilot house of the mark twain...after a fantastic dinner at the cafe Orleans we sat for fantasmic! It was a perfect day in Disneyland!

Now if you were to ask me a single perfect moment would have to have been a couple weeks ago on November 14th...dad and I were lined up on Main Street watching the Christmas fireworks wrapped up in the moment and then it started to snow....it was like I was 5 years old again with my daddy. I wrapped my arms around him from behind as he was sitting in his wheelchair and started crying.. It was just magic and to see all the kids just grabbing on to their parents and basically doing the same thing, I just can not express the feelings that surged through me. I am sitting here welling up in tears just thinking about it...

Disney=Magic...I am 25 and I hope I never lose the love of the magic and the love for a mouse....sorry I kinda rattled on and went off topic.
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

On my first trip, when I was quite a bit younger. My parents took my two younger sisters and I, my littlest sis was an infant, so one of them had to sit out with her. My mom had been taking us on all the rides, but then my dad decided to go with us... on dumbo and the tea cups. Both of us rode with him, and he is 6'5 it was squished, very squished. Funny pictures as evidence.

My sister also got her head stuck in the bars at dumbo on that day. I'll never forget that.

That was also the first time I saw the mainstreet electrical parade!!! It was so exciting.... Best day of my young life!!!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    we ended the day eating pizza in bed in our hotel.
    Ever since I discovered a local pizza place that delivers to the hotel we always stay at, this has been a tradition of ours. I LOVE ending the day like that!

Quote Originally Posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
    I wrapped my arms around him from behind as he was sitting in his wheelchair and started crying.. It was just magic and to see all the kids just grabbing on to their parents and basically doing the same thing, I just can not express the feelings that surged through me. I am sitting here welling up in tears just thinking about it...
    Well, you got me welled up, too! That is a beautiful moment, thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

My favorite day would be when I was roughly 5 or 6. I was sitting on Main Street putting on my new tinker Bell make up waiting for the Christmas parade and a cast member ask my mom and I if I wanted to light the Christmas tree on main street. When it was time merlin the magician called by name. I walked up and waved his magic wand at the tree and it lit. I thought I was the most special kid in the world. The he handed me the fattest ans tallest candy cane I have ever seen to this day. Of course caring my special candy cane through the park was hard and it broke. Since I was little I started to cry. Snow White saw me and asked what was wrong. I showed her my candy cane and she worked some Disney magic and came back with a new candy cane. Ever since I got to light the Christmas tree I was a Disney fan for life. When I turned 16 my mom got me my first annual pass. I was more excited about my annual pass to Disneyland then my Driver’s License. Disneyland is truly a magical place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast