View Poll Results: What is your opinion on Billie Hill and the Hillbillies?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are a park tradition and should stay for many years to come.

31 56.36%
  • I like them (or used to) but they have overstayed their welcome.

2 3.64%
  • Never liked them, and they need to go.

2 3.64%
  • I like them, but weather they stay or leave makes little difference to me.

9 16.36%
  • I don't like them, but could care less if they stay or leave.

11 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Who doesn't LOVE Billie Hill and the Hillbillies?

Am I alone in this, but I have never been a huge fan of Billie Hill and the Hillbillies. And it is not because I don't like bluegrass. I actually LOVE bluegrass. I do dislike contemporary country, but love traditional folk country etc.

I did find them amusing the first couple times I watched them, But I think I was resentful that they replaced a more traditional Golden Horseshoe type of show, so I think I had some bias upfront. And then I noticed over years and years, that they act never never seems to change. The jokes are always the same, and the songs only seem to change on a very evolutionary time frame after many many years. It is not that I dislike them, and I do think they are talented musicians and performers in general, but they have been in Disneyland for two decades now, and think it is time to find a new act. They were always... in my opinion, just "ok", and I think it is time for new talent.

Thought I would post a new poll - it is always interesting to see if others feel the same as me. I was WAY off on my last two polls (The Pepsi and the Starbucks polls) so I had to crawl away with my tail between my legs on those, as I was outvoted by huge margins in both.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Re: Who doesn't LOVE Billie Hill and the Hillbillies?

I really love the Billies, but I wish they would freshen up the show more frequently, with other musicians, different types of performers etc.

Make it more of a variety show type of thing, with the Billies as the hosts/common thread throughout the different acts. Maybe a bit like Hee Haw used to be

• ooooooOO!

I like Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, but I've never seen it live, only Youtube I have an annual pass, but despite that, I never felt the desire to go to the show in all my visits. So I vote that I like them, but whether they are gone or not would not bother me.

• a damsel not in distress

i have actually never seen them, either live or youtube. i've heard great things mostly, and i could really go look up a video now to see them, but i have no real desire to. with that, i also vote that i like them, but whether they are gone or not would not bother me.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

LOVE LOVE LOVE Billy Hill and the Hillbillies! My favorite lunchtime (or thereabouts) past-time was to grab some eats, sit in the Golden Horseshoe and watch a show. Now that they have moved to The BTR stage, I can still sit and enjoy a show, but not so much with the table, etc. Regardless of where they play, I am always sure to catch their show when I'm at the park.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sock Puppet

never ever seen them..

We have friends who rave about this show and who finally got us into the Golden Horseshoe to see it. While I respect and admire the musicianship and talent of all the Billies, it just wasn't our cup of tea. We've never seen the show since and haven't missed it, but I do understand that the group has many devoted fans. So, to each his own!

• No Light, No Light

I've only really seen them once, and it was during Christmas. I went in with low expectations but I actually enjoyed the show. At the time, I thought it was really funny when they did IASW and danced like AAs, but that magic has worn off since I've now seen the Dapper Dans do the same routine. More recently, they played while we were in line at the Halloween mystery baddie tent last month. I wasn't really paying attention at first because the acoustics were bad, but my ears picked up when they performed "Ghostriders in the Sky." They get extra points because that song was one of my favorite lullabies growing up (yeah...kinda dark for a kid, no?).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a generational thing. I never saw the original show at the Golden Horseshoe, so I don't resent the Hillbillies for replacing it.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    While I respect and admire the musicianship and talent of all the Billies, it just wasn't our cup of tea.
    Same here^

I voted "I don't like them, but could care less if they stay or leave."
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Hello Dolly.

I love them and would be sad if they left.

I don't want them to leave the park, but I would agree with you that they can use an updated script. I remember watching it the second time thinking it was going to be a different but nope same exact show. Little disappointing. But I've grown to always enjoy their shows as their silly jokes still make me laugh.

• Still Dizzy

I don't like your poll options. I don't want them to stay just because they are a park tradition. I want them to stay because I LOVE Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It would be great if they switched up the script more so that I'd go more often, but I at least go see them a couple times a year.

The music is great, the jokes are wonderful and they make me happy.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Am I alone in this, but I have never been a huge fan of Billie Hill and the Hillbillies.

Thought I would post a new poll - it is always interesting to see if others feel the same as me. I was WAY off on my last two polls (The Pepsi and the Starbucks polls) so I had to crawl away with my tail between my legs on those, as I was outvoted by huge margins in both.
    So, 0 for 3. You think differently, and there's nothing wrong with that. We do have some nice gentlemen in white coats who want to talk to you, and take you to a very nice hotel...

I've seen them once or twice. Certainly they need to change it up. They are not a Fantasyland dark ride that never, ever changes. They're actual people (allegedly) who can add some variety as the need arises. Like, say, a Jungle Cruise skipper. Or, heck, the Dapper Dans.

I feel the same way for any animatronic-filled attraction. Just change up the programming. No one (Pressler) bothered to do that for Country Bears and now they're mothballed or their parts are used to fix the WDW version.

• Minion

I like them but I do not care whether they stay or go.

• keh!

I've only seen part of a performance years ago and I don't remember it much. I didn't hate it, but I'd have to see an entire performance before I vote.

I enjoy them and have mad respect that The lead was, at one time, Wally Boag's understudy in the Golden Horseshoe Show...isn't that right? Or have I heard wrong about that?
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast