Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Al's Report- Carsland Coming to WDW and Tokyo ?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I get your point, but I really don't think it will have a big enough effect to make a noticeable difference.

It hasn't been that way for a long time, friend.
    I hope you're right. The full numbers haven't even come in yet and the other parks are already trying to get a piece of the CL pie. Oh well, at least we know the tokyo version is going to be freaking sweet.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Al's Report- Carsland Coming to WDW and Tokyo ?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Actually, Toy Story Mania opened about a month at Disney World before DCA's version of the attraction did. And the Little Mermaid ride is part of the New Fantasyland expansion at Disney World's Magic Kingdom... opening next month. I too don't like the idea of Cars Land being cloned anywhere.
    I read his original post wrong, I thought the period after WoC was a comma, meaning the attractions he listed after were "exclusive" to DCA.

My bad, DonaldMissingPants!

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    Can't the AP's just grab a few fastpasses before they come into the park? and if the AP wants to see WoC after work/school, they can reserve a spot online or something and come to the park in the evening to watch the show instead of having to come early in the morning? the only gripe I would have with this system is if it wasn't open to AP's and only open to DL Resort Hotel guests. this could potentially make life a lot easier
    I think the fear is that FP and good show seats will become like the WDW meal plan where all the good restaurants are filled way in advance. At least thats how I hear it is at WDW.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    ToT and TSMM were both at WDW before they came to DCA.
    I meant that we don't have many E-Ticket DCA-exclusive attractions and our attractions are either cloned from other parks or other parks clone our attractions
    *edit* @explodingboy, message received. Cars Land is really one of our only exclusive blockbuster E-Ticket attractions.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Lame. Why can't DCA have one thing to itself? The poor park literally has no unique attractions at all. I'm all for cloning some things, but CL is so special and so appropriate for DCA and california in general...I really don't know what disney is thinking. If florida gets a CL TDA can kiss those record attendance numbers goodbye...so sad.
    So most of the Paradise Pier attractions, GRR, RCT, Flik's Fun Fair, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Mad T Party, Monsters Inc. and, Aladdin are at other Disney Parks? Wierd. I must've missed out on something.

But I do see your point on cloning something great. My theory is that DCA's Carsland was a beta test to see if a Cars-themed land would do good for classic-ization and become a Disney Parks land, like Fantasyland, or Tomorrowland, or Adventureland.
    Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Also, I need a way to know when Al's updates are online. I liked it when the comments were here on the boards, and not under the update.
    Totally agree with this sentiment, sediment! Why is there no way to get an email notification or something when Al posts something?
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! DL Paris 2002 WDW 2007 & 2013 Tokyo DL & Sea 2009 DCL 2014
    To Do: Hong Kong DL & Shanghai Disney: see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    Is this system online-based? Can't the AP's just grab a few fastpasses before they come into the park such as if we wanted see WoC after work, they can reserve a spot online or something and come to the park in the evening to watch the show instead of having to come early in the morning? Can could grab FP's for the evening hours and enjoy an evening at the parks? the only gripe I would have with this system is if it wasn't open to AP's and only open to DL Resort Hotel guests. this could potentially make life a lot easier
    No one knows how it would work yet. Most likely it will be open to everyone, but hotel guests would get an advantage like being able to reserve theirs before everyone else. This would be a big deal for WDW. DLR has fewer hotels but if they open it to good neighbor hotels (like the extra morning hour is now) then you have the very real possibility of many FastPasses running out for the day before APs even get a chance at them. Keep in mind, they will be able to get FastPasses for the whole day, not just the morning.

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    For anyone who takes Al's word as "news" are very disillusioned.

While I do see TDL seriously looking at removing Rivers of America, I would bet Carsland is only one of the options. Simply because Pixar isn't as popular in Japan as it is here in the United States. In fact, along with Ratatouille, Cars is probably the most underrecognized Pixar franchise in the Tokyo Parks. There is next to no mention of any of the characters while Up, Nemo, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Incredibles, and even a bug's life have gotten major points in various shows and attractions.

Also its nice to see that Team Disney Orlando is still the root of all evils. Comical really
    Japan has a huge car culture, but its different than American car culture. Cars is very much about American car culture. The Piston Cup is similar to NASCAR which is like the NFL, huge in the US but not that popular in the rest of the world. Formula One is bigger in the rest of the world with car tuning being also very big in Japan. That's why I was thinking the World Grand Prix might be a better fit for any international versions of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    So most of the Paradise Pier attractions, GRR, RCT, Flik's Fun Fair, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Mad T Party, Monsters Inc. and, Aladdin are at other Disney Parks? Wierd. I must've missed out on something.

But I do see your point on cloning something great. My theory is that DCA's Carsland was a beta test to see if a Cars-themed land would do good for classic-ization and become a Disney Parks land, like Fantasyland, or Tomorrowland, or Adventureland.
    I suppose you can count those. But to me, most of those aren't very special or truly unique like CL is. A river raft ride, kiddie carnival rides, and Monsters inc aren't anything new or groundbreaking. Cars Land was.

• Say no to screens

Quote Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
    Totally agree with this sentiment, sediment! Why is there no way to get an email notification or something when Al posts something?
    Als updates happen normally on Tuesdays
    subscribe to the email and check back daily,there are new articles every day!!!
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Lame. Why can't DCA have one thing to itself? The poor park literally has no unique attractions at all. I'm all for cloning some things, but CL is so special and so appropriate for DCA and california in general...I really don't know what disney is thinking. If florida gets a CL TDA can kiss those record attendance numbers goodbye...so sad.
    I think it's what they're hoping for. The parks have been overcrowded, even during what used to be slower periods.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Japan has a huge car culture, but its different than American car culture. Cars is very much about American car culture. The Piston Cup is similar to NASCAR which is like the NFL, huge in the US but not that popular in the rest of the world. Formula One is bigger in the rest of the world with car tuning being also very big in Japan. That's why I was thinking the World Grand Prix might be a better fit for any international versions of the ride.
    Excellent point.

Another one, that everyone seems to be missing: CARS LAND was a huge step up from the rest of California Adventure's offerings.

But will it really impress, next door to DISNEY SEA, where Journey is already a 'clone' of the same technology, only better utilized?

I haven't been to WDW since I was around 5 or younger, and I definitely don't think I'm going to Japan any time soon, so why not? Let the magic spread! It doesn't impact me negatively in any way.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Also its nice to see that Team Disney Orlando is still the root of all evils. Comical really
    Every story needs a villain.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Every story needs a villain.
    No need for Al to portray them as a villain, their record speaks volumes all by itself.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Als updates happen normally on Tuesdays
    subscribe to the email and check back daily,there are new articles every day!!!
    Al's updates happen on Tuesdays, but only about once a month.
    The rest of MiceAge doesn't interest me all that much.
    I don't want to check back there daily. I come here daily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast