Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Al's Report- Carsland Coming to WDW and Tokyo ?!?!?!?!

Well.....as much as I hate Clones if you change the ride enough or the Q.....(like the little Mermaid( then go for it....just like how Harry Potterland coming over to CA....does that make the other Potter then worst? No

• No Disassemble!

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Al's Report- Carsland Coming to WDW and Tokyo ?!?!?!?!

A hypothetical if I may:

Let's pretend that it's the opening day of "Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity" in Walt Disney Studios Park and SoCalBma is there to give us the first ride through video in glorious 1080p. Let's pretend that what we see is the most AMAZING dark ride ever. I mean we're talking hover-ride vehicles, holo-decks, dolphins (ok rats) with freaking lasers on their heads, and at the end of it a secret is revealed that will change your life!! Then imagine that Al gets the inside scoop that Ratatouille will intentionally be left exclusive to the Paris property as it has increased attendance by 1000 percent. Would you pay to travel all the way out there whenever you got a hankering for that ride or would you write an email a day to Iger demanding the exact same thing be built in the states? What say you?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Banned User

MANEATINGWREATH;1056872847]Well, at least if it's built in Tokyo it will be given a well-sized budget and plenty of TDR's notorious quality and detail.
    Oh brother. More of that blind TDR worship again. Cars Land in California already sports top notch quality, and it's doubtful that TDR would improve much on it, if at all. I certainly wouldn't fly halfway around the world just to see their clone of a great land that I can enjoy in Cali after an eight hour flight. But hey, that's just me.

I hope you're right. The full numbers haven't even come in yet and the other parks are already trying to get a piece of the CL pie. Oh well, at least we know the tokyo version is going to be freaking sweet.
    Again. So the Cars Land we have now isn't freaking sweet?
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 11-28-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Again. So the Cars Land we have now isn't freaking sweet?
    I absolutely adore our Cars land. But if our cars land is freaking sweet, I wouldn't be surprised if theirs ends up being mindblowingly epic. Thats just how it appears they like to do things. They almost always one up everyone when it comes to clones. Imagine a CL with a walk through tail light caverns, wheel well hotel, and a full size waterfall with the racers cars going over the bridge. Thats the kind of stuff I wouldn't be surprised if Tokyo does. But you're right, for all we know they might not improve anything at all.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123