• Chief Troublemaker

2 crazy girls are GOING!!!

First, thanks to the Mice Chatters who helped me pin down 'relatively uncrowded' dates and decide to go back to the Grand rather than the DLH in 2 earlier threads.

The '2 Crazy Girls Road Trip' is officially happening. After an absence in the Parks of 7 years, I have now booked my 2nd trip within 6 months!! Hubby and I went in Sept as an 'empty nest' trip and now he and his best friend are sending us (both wives who are best buddies, too) for 4 days at the end of Feb (not during President's Day week!). Although I've been over 100 times (born a local, moved away as an adult), my buddy has only been 3 times in her life, never without kids, and has never stayed onsite. We are both so excited we just can't stand it.

The hubbies just don't 'get' why we are so happy and excited. Neither of them is a Disney-phile. My DH has a good time when we're there & lets me set the pace & time. But he would be happy with just 2-3 hours in the morning in the Parks, then he would be done. His friend actively hates Disneyland (or any theme park) because he can't stand crowds or waiting in line (unless it's a Metal concert, ha).

So, I needed to post to MC where I know other Chatters will be excited for us.

Let the diet begin!!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Re: 2 crazy girls are GOING!!!

i know the feeling!! i live in TX but have managed 2 - 3 trips a year to DLR, and i get excited about every one as if it was my first!!!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Right on!

• formerly very helpful

Don't worry, we get it! Congrats and be sure to post lots of photos!

• Selfie Expert

So excited for you!!!! There's something about going with first-timers (or long-timers) that makes it extra exciting, I think. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Chief Troublemaker

My buddy is so excited she's about to plotz!! I sent her the link to the Grand so she could see where we'd be and she called me almost in tears. I also found out that on her last trip she sat out almost all the rides with their daughter who wouldn't go on anything that had 'dark' parts while her hubby went on rides with their son. Sooo, no rides that may have 'dark', that's about everything! I love being at Disney just for myself, but just think how much fun I'm going to have being with someone who hasn't been on most of the rides and has never experienced the park for herself (just with kids)? About the only thing we've promised ourselves as far as rides is: NO Mickey's Wheel of Death! She did go on that and was scared spitless. Me, too!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Selfie Expert

My next trip is with three ladies who have never been or haven't been in many years - I think I'm more excited about this trip than any others so far at DLR. I just hope they love it even half as much as I do! I'm very jealous that you two have GCH booked - that will definitely add to the magic for both of you!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I don't get to go with people who haven't been in a while or never at all, so I'm always excited and even somewhat jealous of those people because you can see the excitement in their eyes. I think being a passholder, I've lost a lot of that excitement. I enjoy going, but there are times I have to put myself on restriction so that I can recapture the excitement and I don't get burned out and loose the joy of going.