Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: Christmas will cost you?

I don't really mind either way on this. If they do make it a ticketed event, I will definitely attend because it will be a chance to go during the holidays when it isn't as croweded and get some exclusive stuff as well. I just hope they realize that there are more holidays at this time of year besides Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    thank you to all the Disney Fans that pay for the Mickey's Halloween Party
    You're welcome.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yes its happening....thank you to all the Disney Fans that pay for the Mickey's Halloween Party because of this event making them so much they think why no do it twice a year
    oh great.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

The average vacationer isn't going to have a clue to do that.
    right. i know.. but maybe they'd see in the calendar that the park is closed early a certain day and maybe ask disneyland why such closure and then they get the clue that a half day is not a good day to go to disneyland.. i dnt know.. but do the cm's at the ticket booths tell customers that the park closes early for such events?

• Banned User

Special events cost more.
    If it was my thing, I'd pay for it.
    I just might.

you are welcome.
    Happy holidays

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    right. i know.. but maybe they'd see in the calendar that the park is closed early a certain day and maybe ask disneyland why such closure and then they get the clue that a half day is not a good day to go to disneyland.. i dnt know..
    I would say 9/10 people aren't going to look at the calender, and if they do they probably aren't going to call the Resort to ask. I agree, they should. But I don't think most people will know still.

but do the cm's at the ticket booths tell customers that the park closes early for such events?
    I don't think they CM's at the front gate say anything, there should be signs in the esplanade though. That's how they've done it with the Halloween Party.

• Sock Puppet

^ yeah but what if a family traveling from texas buys their tickes online and then goes to the park that day and finds out they only get half a day with their pre-bought tickets.. yeah they could go to DCA, but if they don't know ahead of time before they buy the tickets .. never mind i don't know where i was going with that and i lost my train of thought..

When we planned our vacation from the MidWest to WDW when I was a kid, there was no checking with Disney about anything. Not checking on park hours, or what attractions are open, nothing. You just go. I doubt much has changed for the average guest on a once-in-a-lifetime Disney vacation. You get as far as "Christmas at Disney would be awesome" and you go.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess I'm the exception then. Both of my Christmastime themepark vacations were well planned in advance. I did a lot of research, so that my 2007 vacation to WDW, and my 2008 vacation to DL were as magical as they could be.

• At the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    When we planned our vacation from the MidWest to WDW when I was a kid, there was no checking with Disney about anything. Not checking on park hours, or what attractions are open, nothing. You just go. I doubt much has changed for the average guest on a once-in-a-lifetime Disney vacation. You get as far as "Christmas at Disney would be awesome" and you go.
    Information on park hours, attraction closers, and much more has always been available. In the past you could get trip planners via US Mail or vacation info by phone call, in today's world of vacation planning it's amazingly simple to plan.

Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the planning resources available to them, has no one to blame but themselves for any closer issues.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the planning resources available to them, has no one to blame but themselves for any closer issues.
    Regardless, they will still blame Disney. Hardly anyone takes credit for their actions anymore.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    If the public doesn't pay, they won't do it. If they go to a pay event system next year and nobody goes then it'll be back to normal in 2014.
    And who do you think is going to flip the bill for all those non-purchased tickets in 2014? Not Disney. Besides, we all know that will never happen. There's a reason why Disney isn't the only theme park company using this model.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Regardless, they will still blame Disney. Hardly anyone takes credit for their actions anymore.
    The problem is that people have had six decades of conditioning by Disney, and heck, by all the other theme parks, that the holidays mean expanded hours and special entertainment, for everyone. Also, I've read these rumors about the upcharge holiday event in three places: Miceage, Micechat, and the Miceage "Micebook" Facebook page. Also, Al, with all due respect, inaccurately predicted this before in this article from 2 years ago:
    Pyro & Parades? Pay Up! - MiceAge.com
    Has the rumor gained any traction anywhere other than the "Mice" websites/board/Facebook page? And if late 2013 comes and this still does not happen, well how many chances do I give Al before I can say that he's been "crying wolf", at least on this? (I'm really surprised that I seem to be the only one who remembers that article for November 2010. I was really relieved when the 2011/12 season came and went with no upcharge event, but now, well we'll see).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    The problem is that people have had six decades of conditioning by Disney, and heck, by all the other theme parks, that the holidays mean expanded hours and special entertainment, for everyone.
    Bingo. And not only conditioning but tradition, expectation and -- sadly irrelevant with today's Disney Corporation -- trust.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    And if late 2013 comes and this still does not happen, well how many chances do I give Al before I can say that he's been "crying wolf", at least on this?
    I understand the frustration, but Al doesn't cry wolf, he reports what's happening inside the Company at the time. Unfortunately the Company often resembles a room full of wannabe comics simultaneously performing the "Who's on First" routine as various departments try to top each other for the approval of an audience of grim-faced corporate management. Communication and consistency are the first casualties in Disney's culture of interdepartmental brinksmanship, political game playing, reactive buttcovering, fingerpointing and spindoctoring.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-30-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Monorail Junkie

Have you been to the park this Christmas season? I was there from Nov 17-21st. The crowds at night on Main Street and Hub were beyond massive. People were standing in the middle of Main Street at 6pm to get a spot for the fireworks. I was initially against the pay for Christmas idea but when I saw that it changed my mind. I am all for paying for a night of less crowds to see the Fireworks, snow and parade. The rest of the nights I can go to DCA and have a great time.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Ah, but judging from reports, the pay for Halloween events were just as packed as the day crowds. Will it be worth it if that is the case?
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Ah, but judging from reports, the pay for Halloween events were just as packed as the day crowds. Will it be worth it if that is the case?
    Well the first few years of the Halloween event were actually VERY good as far as crowds but then it became popular and now its worse.

But being that the Halloween event was the first of its kind...this Xmas event will probably be just as the Halloween event is now..pretty crowded but still not as crowded as the most popular regular day at Disneyland.

Regardless, I would really hate to see all the Xmas entertainment and the like go to a ticket event....very sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast