Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Christmas will cost you?

It's simply a supply/demand situation. The demand for exclusive holiday fare is greater than they can provide. So, by making it a special event, they fill the demand. Tickets sell, and as stated above, it seems they sell well.
    If it continues, will there be bigger and better events for upcoming seasons? More live holiday shows, etc?
    i thought to myself, Halloween time, sounds fun... But I saw the upcharge and went to DCA.
    NOW, if I was a parent, I might have bought tickets.

I am all for meeting the demand. Am I sad there's a separate charge? My wallet is, but if I want to go, I will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    Information on park hours, attraction closers, and much more has always been available. In the past you could get trip planners via US Mail or vacation info by phone call, in today's world of vacation planning it's amazingly simple to plan.

Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the planning resources available to them, has no one to blame but themselves for any closer issues.

It's more of a "who figures Disneyland will be closed?" Closures aren't on the mind of a family from Iowa.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Sock Puppet

that's true.. and i realized thanks to explodingboy, that any average disneyland visitor wouldn't know to look, they disneyland discussion board members who do know and also know better to look before we visit, we only think of it cause we know we should.

• Banned User

These days, "there's an app for that"
    also, when you enter, they have that handy, events of the day brochure.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    These days, "there's an app for that"
    also, when you enter, they have that handy, events of the day brochure.
    yeha but DJS.. who really thinks at the last minute to see if there is a app for disneyland? then again i am sure lots of people the apps...besides i thought we were talking about the park closing early do to special events like a ticketed event like the halloween party where paying day guests have to leave early.. or am i in the wrong thread? LOL

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

It's more of a "who figures Disneyland will be closed?" Closures aren't on the mind of a family from Iowa.

I agree.. they just wouldn't *think* because they don't know till they get there and find out

• Banned User

I suppose, but I would assume most people would do a wee bit of looking into park events, hours, specials... Before committing

Again, I'd give the rumor a little more credibility if it didn't seem like such a "Miceage exclusive". Maybe it is, or maybe someone can point me to other websites that are picking up on the rumor, since a bombshell like this is not likely to stay confined to one site.
    Anyway, I just checked the WDW official site, and it looks like this exclusive party is not the only way to see the parade at least. It is the only way to see it at night, since on some of the days that the party is not happening, you get not only the "Once Upon a Christmastime" parade, but also the MSEP. And the party is the only time when you can see the fireworks. If you want the best deal, and don't want to shell out the extra money, you can just plan to attend one of the non-party days(of which there are a few, for instance, the parties don't seem to happen at all on Wednesdays or Saturdays.). On those party days, maybe hit Universal.
    I say that Disney can go ahead and do all the upcharge parties they want in Anaheim during late November and early December, but they should keep their greedy hands off of those last two weeks of the season, and keep them the way they've always been.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Ah, but judging from reports, the pay for Halloween events were just as packed as the day crowds. Will it be worth it if that is the case?
    I went to two of the Halloween parties this year. They weren't that bad. The only time they were really crowded was during the overlap period when day patrons and party goers could be in the park at the same time.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123