Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Observer

Christmas will cost you?

Theres a rumor going around that this may be the last year Christmas time is free to day guest....amd that next year it would be turned into a private seperate ticket event like wdw... Can anyone comfirm this?. I asked a cm and they said it was true but then again cms dont aleays get things right. But I would be very sad to see the magic of Christmas time go....

Re: Christmas will cost you?

I hope they don't make it an upcharge event. Seems like that's the way they're going, though. Charge you again for everything.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• No Disassemble!

If the rumor is true then at least the last weeks between Christmas and New Years will not be upcharge events. As long as you can handle crowds then there's no need to feel the pinch.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    Theres a rumor going around that this may be the last year Christmas time is free to day guest....amd that next year it would be turned into a private seperate ticket event like wdw... Can anyone comfirm this
    That's been a rumor for several years, nothing different this year. Since WDW has a ticketed event, DL will get one too.

• Sock Puppet

i heard a rumor that the christmas candle show thing might become a ticketed pay event next year.. but again just a rumor i don't believe things like this till it happens.. so i'm sure that christmas time at disneyland will stay free

• Halloween 2011

It's a pretty strong rumor (rumor only in the sense that Disney has not officially announced it, but from the reported talks at TDA it seems like its gonna happen). The twenty days of Candlelight Processional is a little test to see if the resort can handle the bottleneck crowds.

Daytime Disneyland guests will still be able to ride Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday. They will not be able to see fireworks, snow on Main Street, Castle/Tree lighting, or the Christmas Fantasy Parade (day guests will see SoundSational). All those holiday entertainments will be reserved for paying Christmas party guests.
    Disneyland Christmas may be extra - Al Lutz

• Parking Lot > DCA

If this ends up happening, I'll be bummed a bit but looking at the big picture I won't really affect me too much. I tend to avoid the Resort during this time of the year as much as possible until the crowds simmer down in January.

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear
    Daytime Disneyland guests will still be able to ride Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday. They will not be able to see fireworks, snow on Main Street, Castle/Tree lighting, or the Christmas Fantasy Parade (day guests will see SoundSational). All those holiday entertainments will be reserved for paying Christmas party guests.
    Disneyland Christmas may be extra - Al Lutz
    I haven't read that MiceAge article yet, but if they were to do this would those be the only perks? I can sort of see justifying a separate ticket for the Halloween Party event since there is plenty of entertainment and the whole park has something going on, but a separate ticket for fireworks and a parade? I can't really see that being a justifiable thing. What does WDW do for their Christmas shindig?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

There was another thread on this:

Christmas Parade for exclusive party guests only?

I think it sucks if it becomes so.

They should do a virtual private party. Like all FP expire at 7:00 and the machines open back up for the hard ticket holders. Their ticket gets them special viewing for the candle light, parade and fireworks. Throw in a private christmas dinner option or something and I think you would end up pleasing everyone. Special perks for ticket buyers, and still give limited access to APs and normal day guests.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    They should do a virtual private party. Like all FP expire at 7:00 and the machines open back up for the hard ticket holders. Their ticket gets them special viewing for the candle light, parade and fireworks. Throw in a private christmas dinner option or something and I think you would end up pleasing everyone. Special perks for ticket buyers, and still give limited access to APs and normal day guests.

I could accept that. Personally, I'd be pretty peeved if I buy a day ticket and they kick me out just as evening starts. Evening at Christmas is *the* time to be there, and they want me to pay again?

Every change I hear about makes me more inclined to not renew my pass. Having a pass isn't going to get me much anyway, so just pick the upcharge thing I want and skip paying for the day. You're not going to get the full day, anyway, if they kick you out early for the hard-ticket party, but they charge you for the full day.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Really this isn't Disney's fault, it's the paying public. If the public doesn't pay, they won't do it. If they go to a pay event system next year and nobody goes then it'll be back to normal in 2014. All you can do is not give them a reward for changing it by staying home.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

• Sock Puppet

It won't really effect me also. why? cause A) i don't attend the paying ticketed events cause i don't care.. and B) even if i am kicked out of the park early, no biggie there is a whole other park to go to! Being a APH i don't really see this as a problem to me, maybe for a paying customer it would be but i feel that if a customer wants to visit Disneyland they need to check out the events that are happening before hand that would close the park down and kick them out, therefore they can work around their visits and not pay for a full day but only get half.. just my opinion..

cheeers, merry christmas!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yes its happening....thank you to all the Disney Fans that pay for the Mickey's Halloween Party because of this event making them so much they think why no do it twice a year

• Minion

This wouldn't effect me either. I'm not the biggest fan of the parade and the fireworks. Don't really care about anything else. I think it sucks big time it could be a possibility, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i feel that if a customer wants to visit Disneyland they need to check out the events that are happening before hand that would close the park down and kick them out

The average vacationer isn't going to have a clue to do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast