Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sultan of Swing

Re: New Fantasmic for 60 years at Disneyland

Please no "Imagination...Imagination..." "Imagination...Imagination..." I can barely last through their version yet alone trying to not laugh at the fact that they are saying it so fast that it sounds like they are avoiding having their accent heard which blatantly obvious now.
    Always read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    Now I do like the aditions but just thinking out for the 60 year as mabye they could redo the show entirely like a reboot with effects like tokyo disneysea's fantasmic with new things but still using the stage it was on but with more fountains, new scene's excluding the dragon scene, new dragon, and a new ending with some original content and a new story.
    Comment.
    Knowing Disney they will start charging for it!! Figure out some way to kick everybody out by 8pm then charge everyone $100 to come back in to see it.
    Janette

• Disneyland 19 year APH

All the lands could use a refresh (TL needs a redo not just a refresh). They only thing I would touch is to upgrade the fountains and the lighting effects. The rest of the show is perfect. At least it does not run on like DHS does.

I would bring back the pre-bands or even maybe through the high school or college education programs. It would give TDA anotherthing the could advertise for the press. If anything for the 60th just give us a good parade (Soundsational should be on its way out by that point) (and no parade like WD parade of Dreams, please). Hey who knows by that point maybe the Next Gen will be gone.
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 12-12-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: additional information

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    Now I do like the aditions but just thinking out for the 60 year as mabye they could redo the show entirely like a reboot with effects like tokyo disneysea's fantasmic with new things but still using the stage it was on but with more fountains, new scene's excluding the dragon scene, new dragon, and a new ending with some original content and a new story.
    Comment.
    With all the changes you suggest, new scenes (no '), new ending, new story. It wouldn't be Fantasmic!

I agree, DL Fantasmic! has the best storyline, and I would really love to have the jazz band playing on the rafts before the show.
    I have been to Tokyo Disney Sea before, and their Fantasmic isn't nearly as good as ours! However, DL's show really needs some new scenes

• Minion

I'd incorporate the Sorcerers Apprentice opening music of Tokyo and maaayybeeeee find a way to incorporate Dr. Facilier into the show
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    What I would want for the 60th is for them to bring back the band that plays on the raft before Fantasmic!

Do not change the soundtrack to Fantasmic, it's perfect.
    I agree to an extent, totally agree about the band before hand, would be EPIC, as far as changing soundtrack, I want it mostly left alone but add in a segment during the Princesses with Rapunzel/Flynn and "I See The Light" playing
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Doombuggy Rider

FANTASMIC is fine & doesn't require any changes (@ least the Dragon finally works (lol) .... the $ which would go towards changing that nightly show would be better spent @ Tomorrowland (which needs more "oomph" by replacing Innoventions / Capt Eo Honey I Slept Thru It (trust me, I did - that boring of an experience for me) 3D Building with New Rides / Attractions) ...

I am curious how Indiana Jones looks post rehab / Big Thunder Mountain looks post rehab -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Diva Extrodinaire

Is there room to add another barge? Maybe they could add a fourth Princess, like Rapunzel or Cinderella. I also think that, since it won't be happening to World of Color anytime soon, maybe they could add in an Alice in Wonderland section. Honestly, it could replace the Pinocchio section, with Alice being trapped in that bottle leading up to Jiminy Cricket and Monstro or just to the Fantasia whirlpool. The Pink Elephants could be a good transition in to an Alice section. They should also replace Ursula with Dr. Facillier if they don't bring back the eel jet skis.

Also, they should update the fountains to be more like the World of Color ones, maybe even allowing them to be able to move 360 degrees? They don't need to go super high, but it will look much cleaner. Finally, bring back more characters to the Mark Twain!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post

I am curious how Indiana Jones looks post rehab / Big Thunder Mountain looks post rehab -

C J
    Indiana Jones is touched up, and in good shape. The lighting and fire effects were working nicely when I was there, although I really wish they added some of the old effects in the original ride at opening, and had the jeep's movement back to their original glory. Other than that, it looks great!

• Sultan of Swing

I recently went to see Fantasmic! and I was wondering during Ursula's Part in front of the Middle Water Screen it looks like Tentacles from another small water screen or Fog Effect. I think I am going crazy and I have never seen that during F! but this time I did. Oh well.
    Always read the fine print.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    No way I like are the way it is. I've seen videos of Tokyo's and I hate there verison to me it's like WOC and I'm not a fan of that show either.
    Tokyo's F! and WOC are VERY different. WOC has emotion, meaning and depth, Tokyo's F! is a messy kaleidoscope of random scenes and annoying music. I was very disappointed.

Steve Davison has made some incredible stuff. WOC and Remember being the highlights, but it seems to have run out of steam and is getting repetitive. I'm all for F! getting some changes, but mostly in the effects side. There are plenty of new films that could be woven in though, and it's a shame they don't use the canoes, when every other ride is utilized. Mostly I'd like them to stop being so cheap and cutting things from it instead of putting in a little work. There's no excuse for the Eels to have been cut, as they were one of only 3 added elements to their "reimangined" F! 3 years ago. And the Ursula that used to be in it could obviously be done these days.
    Last edited by DARTH MAUL; 12-26-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12