Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Fantasmic for 60 years at Disneyland

Now I do like the aditions but just thinking out for the 60 year as mabye they could redo the show entirely like a reboot with effects like tokyo disneysea's fantasmic with new things but still using the stage it was on but with more fountains, new scene's excluding the dragon scene, new dragon, and a new ending with some original content and a new story.
    Comment.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: New Fantasmic for 60 years at Disneyland

Hmm...I'm interested in seeing some new additions to the show, but not necessarily a bunch of "theft" from DisneySea or Hollywood Studios respectively. To me, Disneyland's rendition, aside from being the original is not only the most superior of the bunch, but also the most memorable. The story especially is something that just has to stay. It's become such a classic amongst park guests that seeing it go'd be kind of a sort of a sad feeling. As a 90's kid, Fantasmic was just about everything awesome wrapped up in a little over twenty minutes at my favorite place thus far on earth. You can't take away that kind of magic.

I'm all for seeing new effects and maybe a new scene or two, just as long as the show isn't cut down in length or made politically correct in someway or form...whatever political incorrectness present in the show there is.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

New dragon? We just got a new dragon 3 years ago. Honestly, I think Fantasmic is fine the way it is. There are other things in the park that I would like to see cleaned up for the 60th.(like Tomorrowland)

• Queen Elsa

No way I like are the way it is. I've seen videos of Tokyo's and I hate there verison to me it's like WOC and I'm not a fan of that show either.

• I'm a Lutheran

Indeed. Tokyo's is far from being the perfect Fantasmic! Due to its timing in conception, it's naturally going to be more similar to World of Color. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on the opinion of the viewer.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    New dragon? We just got a new dragon 3 years ago. Honestly, I think Fantasmic is fine the way it is. There are other things in the park that I would like to see cleaned up for the 60th.(like Tomorrowland)
    That is what I thought to. That we got a new dragon not to long ago.

• HYDRA

fix TL first
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's still the best thing at Disneyland the way it is.

Really the only thing I would change is the Ursula segment. If the barge and the eels aren't coming back maybe they could use the new projection technology from Ghost Galaxy and make it look like Ursula's tentacles are wrapping around Tom Sawyer Island. It feels a little too World of Color the way it is now with a long Ursula water projection scene followed by a long Chernobog one.

• Minion

No, I've seen a video of Tokyo's Fantasmic! and it looks horrid.

As far as Fantasmic technology, the only think that needs upgrading are the fountains. To my knowledge, they are original and the lights are still incandescent. At a minimum, they should replace them with LED light rings. I would also like to see some air powered jet nozzles like World of Color.

• We Go On.

I'm not a Steve Davison fan...and I fear he has the monopoly on most Disney parks entertainment right now.

IMHO, the best two original-concept shows stand: Disneyland's Fantasmic! and Epcot's Reflections of Earth. Both Davison-free, also both Don Dorsey shows. Whatever happened to Don Dorsey anyway?

• Diva Extrodinaire

I will say that while the Tokyo version may not have the best segments, I love the effects (besides the dragon head) and I think that Disney Dreams in Paris is really well-done. Some projection-mapping on the island could be very cool if down right.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

What I would want for the 60th is for them to bring back the band that plays on the raft before Fantasmic!

Do not change the soundtrack to Fantasmic, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DJRed2000 View Post
    As far as Fantasmic technology, the only think that needs upgrading are the fountains. To my knowledge, they are original and the lights are still incandescent. At a minimum, they should replace them with LED light rings. I would also like to see some air powered jet nozzles like World of Color.
    Agree with this. After seeing WoC, F!'s fountains really look outdated. I really hope we see new stuff, but that would require draining the water and they just did that a couple of years ago. And I don't think TDA is too liberal with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    What I would want for the 60th is for them to bring back the band that plays on the raft before Fantasmic!

Do not change the soundtrack to Fantasmic, it's perfect.
    The one thing I do like about Tokyo F! is the ending where during the very last of the finale it says: "Imagination...Imagination..." "Imagination...Imagination..." whereas with CA F! it just has a beat. I like those parts equally in both shows though.

I also with the final battle between Mickey and the dragon was more epic as it is the movie with Prince Phillip. Right now she goes up, breathes fire, does her moves, then Mickey kills her. It would be nice it they took some ideas from Sleeping Beauty and had Mickey battle her some how. Not sure how much would be possible given the limited movements of the AA. Just needs a bit more action rather than just "You make you think you're so powerful, well this is my dream!" It's nice yea, but a little battle couldn't hurt IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast