Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Candelight Registration: What the heck just happened??

Due to my wife and I both being extremely busy these last two months we seem to have completely missed the opportunity to watch Candlelight due to the registration period having come and gone. Speaking on behalf of those who missed the opportunity to reserve a spot for the event there are some questions that I hope there are some answers to.

1) Will there be any chance for bystander viewing? In the past most of the curb space around the square and all along main street have been used, is this all reserved for those who registered this year?

2) Is there a chance that Disney will re-open registration?

3) My wife noticed that the Disney Blog didn't leave a facebook post regarding this and we almost never check the blog site itself. Did anyone notice this too or did you guys get something on facebook? If not, how did you find out about the registration?

Just to quickly comment on one last thing, I'm really disappointed that the dining packages were canceled without any explanation or apology after Disney themselves had promoted it publicly. We were eagerly awaiting the opportunity to purchase the dining package as we've had nothing but great experiences doing it over at DCA for World of Color viewing and were taken aback when on the Disney blog (after registration was long closed) the entry mentioned the dining package cancellation only a few posts above the one that mentioned it's intent to run the program.

Name:  boo.png
Views: 812
Size:  51.6 KB

I have to say that after being an annual pass holder since 88' and a premium holder now, I've never encountered anything that would make me want to voluntarily terminate the privilege that the pass brings Disney fans like my wife & kids and I. But the fact that I've been worrying a few days now about whether my family and I will be able to watch candlelight is enough to make me contemplate renewing next year. Not for the way that TDA decided to hold the event or because I missed the registration but for the way it's being managed right this minute. More specifically the transparent act of disregard towards the feelings of it's customers as demonstrated by the unapologetic way they effortlessly stuck it to people like me who were looking forward to paying a bit more to have a really memorable holiday dining package experience.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Re: Candelight Registration: What the heck just happened??

I am disgusted by the way Disney handled this.

First, they made it sound like AP holders who registered could go. I assumed it would be first come first served and I was willing to live on the computer to register the second it became available. They said nothing about a "random" (likely based on dollars spent in park per year) lottery.

They also advertised dining packages would be available. As your posts show, they made it sound like anyone who wanted to could get in one way or the other. This wasn't just speculation, this was promotion from an official Disney source.

People (including myself) booked trips, took time off work, paid for flights, shuttles, booked hotel rooms, etc. on the official word from an official Disney source that there would be a way to get into the show one way or the other. Disney flat out lied to guests and it's inexcusable. I'm with you. I definitely will not renew my annual pass.
    Last edited by ccinsf; 11-30-2012 at 12:21 PM.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

The lotto was quietly opened and ! caught wind of it on the second day. It almost felt like they were trying to put it out there too much. Why? Who can say. I agree with the sudden cancellation of dining packages with no warning and no mention as to why. That is very wrong. I have many friends who were making plans for that and now are regulated to possibly getting standing viewing as they are not AP holders.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• No Disassemble!

Thanks for the clarification ccinsf.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Prices to get into Disneyland keep going up and what you get back keeps going down...

The bubble's got to burst at some point, Disney. Keep up the good work.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

The reason I know about this is from two emails Disneyland sent me to enter into the drawing.

So I entered at the last minutes and guess what? I got chosen for December 4th at 5:30, but I can't go that evening due to work so now I can't take any AP holders.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 695
Size:  37.6 KB

I would gladly give it away, if the name is transferable.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• No Disassemble!

Thanks anyway for your generosity SoCalbma! In my research today I found out too that the tickets were non-transferable. Bummer.

I'm really bummed and I think Disney really slipped up on this event. I was planning on getting the dinner package as a Christmas gift to myself and spend a day in the park soaking in all the Christmas stuff.

Then they cancel the dinner packages. Tried to get into the lottery, that didn't work. What upset me the most after getting my new pass in October I have spend at least $400 in food and merchandise and could not at least get a free seat to one Candlelight.

I am starting to regretting getting another pass at this point. I've also been nice enough to take time to do the surveys, but the last time I went I said, "no thank you". At least with Target I am entered into a drawing for a gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    1) Will there be any chance for bystander viewing? In the past most of the curb space around the square and all along main street have been used, is this all reserved for those who registered this year?
    There will be standing room. We will not know until the first AP performance on Dec 3rd, how much space will be available.
    I am hoping the standing area is larger (and closer) than in prior years.

Quote Originally Posted by ccinsf View Post
    First, they made it sound like AP holders who registered could go. I assumed it would be first come first served and I was willing to live on the computer to register the second it became available. They said nothing about a "random" (likely based on dollars spent in park per year) lottery.
    I have been reading several other threads about Candlelight, and there is no evidence than "dollars spent" was a factor in the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    The reason I know about this is from two emails Disneyland sent me to enter into the drawing.
    Interesting, I never received an email about the drawing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ccinsf View Post
    I assumed random lottery since they said "sweepstakes". And I can say I seriously doubt it was based in $$. If it had, I would have had a better chance!!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I agree that it was mishandled. I would have rather purchased a dinner package for the evening of my choice.

3) I, too, received two or three emails from Disney: 1 initial email and at least 1 reminder towards the end of the registration period. I check the blog once every couple of days, so I was ready for it.

Also, I don't think it had to do with money spent in the park. Both my mom and my bf were selected, but I wasn't. While my bf and I typically buy food and merch, my mom rarely spends her own money at the parks.

How are they going to fill the no show seats?

• Minion

Figure there are at most 400 seats open per show to AP holders. Each AP can get 4 tickets, that means each night, 200 AP get seats. Out of over 1 million AP holders. You chances of winning the sweepstakes are .36% or 1/3 of 1%. Can you imagine the computer gridlock if they did first come first serve? Anyone else experience the system crashes of past when they did the dinners? Considering there were only about 100 diners allowed a night, 25 at each restaurant, it was nearly impossible. Considering they probably didn't keep seating open at the restaurants for these dates, I can see where things went south fast.

That said, I hope everyone who won a spot enjoys their time. I loved Candlelight last year.

And don't forget, there is standing room.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    How are they going to fill the no show seats?
    What they have done previously is shortly before the start, they "make magic" for a few people in the standing crowd, usually someone/s who has been there a long time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast