Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

I don't understand. A beloved ride has been restored, yet people are upset because their personal expectations didn't get met. Disney never confirmed additions being brought onto the ride.

I'm so glad to have the ride running in great condition. Yes, it would be cool if things were added but I wasn't expecting anything. It was a standard, needed rehab.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I don't understand. A beloved ride has been restored, yet people are upset because their personal expectations didn't get met. Disney never confirmed additions being brought onto the ride.

I'm so glad to have the ride running in great condition. Yes, it would be cool if things were added but I wasn't expecting anything. It was a standard, needed rehab.
    Disney used to be in the business of exceeding expectations, guess this isn't the standard anymore; and why should they when guests don't demand that previous benchmarks or effort levels be matched? No one is upset with Indy being restored, only disappointed that they didn't try their hardest or invest more when needed.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post

+1

It's called the "MiceChat Never Enough Syndrome".

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

So when they refurbished but didn't add anything to Pirates, or the Haunted Mansion for years.. and years.. it was okay, but as soon as they did everyone was furious.... now they left Indiana Jones, one of the most popular rides at the resort, alone, but restored and working fully.. it's a bad thing???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    So when they refurbished but didn't add anything to Pirates, or the Haunted Mansion for years.. and years.. it was okay, but as soon as they did everyone was furious.... now they left Indiana Jones, one of the most popular rides at the resort, alone, but restored and working fully.. it's a bad thing???
    Exactly!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• ~

I think the anger and frustration concerning POTC is well deserved. The didn't simply "plus" the iconic ride, they completely changed its story and its mood to appeal to popular culture. The attraction was near perfection. A fundamental change to its entire premise was not called for. And a fundamental change to the basis of Indiana Jones isn't what we all have in mind when talking about our hopes for the attraction. I for one am extremely glad that IJA finally received some TLC. It needed it desperately and I'm thrilled that the many of the effects are finally in working order. However, I think that we can all agree that it could benefit from new enhancements. Even after this refurbishment, it seems like many of the opening day effects (e.g. the roughness of the jeep and the ice effect) will not be returning. It's great to hear that the ride is looking fresh and maintained, but what I would really like to see is a post-refurb attraction that dazzles us with stunning effects both new and old.

• Minion

oh no, why did I have a feeling everyone was going to complain once they announced the refurbishment. -__-

they said it's hard to maintain so I'll take Disney's word for it.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    +1

It's called the "MiceChat Never Enough Syndrome".
    Yet, when Disney does something great like World of Color those positive comments from the same mice chatters remain unnoticed. Perhaps people shouldn't focus so hard on the negative and find the positive ones that have been clearly stated by many individuals on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Yet, when Disney does something great like World of Color those positive comments from mice chatters remain unnoticed. Perhaps people shouldn't focus so hard on the negative and find the positive ones that have been clearly stated by many individuals on this website.
    Ain't that the truth!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

There are a couple differences here that need to be pointed out. First, Pirates and Haunted Mansion rely more on being artistic and passive rather than in your face technological effects. When Indy starts losing its technological edge, the attraction ages quicker. With Pirates and HM, no one was asking for major changes in plot or execution except for lighting and animatronics because it wasn't necessary, they were perfect as is, that is where the criticism originated from and I would say the same exact thing if they dramatically altered Indy in a bad way.

All that is being asked of Disney is to create some new state of the art technological additions which can enhance the main purpose of the attraction without altering the intent because Indy is in need of it.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Ain't that the truth!
    Then perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to say we always complain and have a "never enough syndrome."
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Then perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to say we always complain.
    Yeah!

Then perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to say we always complain and have a "never enough syndrome."
    Agreed!

Went on it during the soft opening. Most of all, I was simply delighted that the falling ceiling in the queue had been restored! Love to be the one to pull that bamboo.

Also, much of the ride appeared to be a nice re-touching and re-lighting of what I rode just before it closed for refurb, but I can't help but feel like the actual ride motion has been slowed down a bit. Anyone else feel this, or is my memory failing?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast