Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

i was the 5th single rider on it and think it is better than ever

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• A Weather Eye Open

Nothing new? Am I the only one to notice that the bugs projected on the wall are brand new? Looks like hi-def projection to me, and they line up perfectly with the headlights. That was a huge show problem for me before.

I thought the room with all the skeletons before that was great previously, so I don't really know why they'd replace it, but it seems to be brand new with all new murals in the background too. Puzzled as to the reason but I guess it looks good.

And the lightning in the very beginning looks completely different to me. It was previously traditional strobes. I don't know how they do it, but now it looks like the light very quickly travels along a path like REAL lightning, and is somehow coming from between cracks in the wall!

I'm sure those of your who are detail oriented like me will notice all these small but very quality changes. This refurb was clearly about the set, effect, aesthetics, and getting everything just plain LOOKING good. Everything seems so clean and fresh. Even the weird gluey smell was gone from the whole place! I always noticed when even one light or Fogger was out, and it lifted my heart to finally ride it today and see everything working. INCLUDING that rolling ball! That was not working at all for what seemed like eons! Even fixing just that would have thrilled me alone.

The motion on the vehicles seems to be exactly the same. I seriously doubt we'll see it break down less frequently; same time last year (or was it two years ago?) Pirates had that basic refurb that didn't bring any changes, but it seems like it was always breaking down for a couple months after reopening when it is normally kind of rare! Maybe anything with anamatronics has a hard time waking up after a two month nap? Haha.

Anyway, it looks amazing. The story of the ride is exactly the same. Why mess with greatness, I say? But if you are like me, looking at the little stuff, you will see a lot of changes for the better. I can't wait to get on again and notice even more things.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

sorry I just had to! Stop complaining! at least they fixed/updated it!

• SORCERER

Went on the ride today, Updated effects I noticed that were fixed.

- Lightinging was updated, allot brighter
    - allot more LED updated lighting
    - the snakes teeth pop out again as soon as the snake attacks your vehicle, the snake is also lighted with LED lighting now.
    - ALLOT more fog
    - Spiders/Rat crawling in headlamp projprojection

Suff that was not working still:

- The Giant Ball at the end did not " roll" anywhere near the vehicle, it was stuck still. Not sure if this was just broken today.

Basically we got there around 1pm and the ride was shutdown for maintaince, and then reopened about half hour later.

• Banned User

Re: Indiana Jones Soft Opens Today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I don't think what I'm proposing is that unreasonable. The attraction is nearly 18 years old and has had zero major technological changes in that period. We are talking about a company that spent 600 million dollars to make Carsland a reality and you're telling me that they shouldn't spend one penny on new effects for one of the most beloved attractions at the resort? It's disappointing and quite frankly underwhelming.

With that said, don't think that I'm not appreciative that they restored what we already have but this is something which should have been taken care of on a consistent basis and not allowed to be run into the ground like it was.
    Indeed! Well said!

• A Weather Eye Open

Maybe they are still working on that ball? It looked great when I saw it. I know sometimes after an unrelated downtime, other effects can then go wonky on that ride. Or maybe that's why they shut down in the first place?

I would just sing for joy if the most exciting and important finale in the history of rides ever could consistently work. This ball thingy is as bad or worse than those doors being stick open for a year!

I'm gonna give it a ccouple months to get through the holidays and recover before I pass judgement, though. I can't be too hard on my 2nd favorite, and I gotta give Indy some time to get his ducks in a row now that he's reopened from the long nap! Maybe by end of January it will be our dreams come true.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I rode twice today and the rolling ball was in perfect condition.

• Minion

I'm surprised no one has noticed the new waterfall. The waterfall was in the concept art from the 1990's, but got cut out of the budget at the last minute. It has been newly installed and looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I'm surprised no one has noticed the new waterfall. The waterfall was in the concept art from the 1990's, but got cut out of the budget at the last minute. It has been newly installed and looks great!
    It has always been there.....though it hadn't worked since late 2009. They simply fixed it.

what waterfall?

• The doctor is in

I might be crazy, but I remember the bug projection on the walls from when I was younger. I think it was an effect that got lost in translation until this refurb.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Waterfall??

Is the single rider process still the same ?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I agree, new effects would be great.. but really, it isn't necessary yet. This ride is still amazing, no where near outdated.. and just needed a good tune up!

And I don't know why anyone expects the ride to be as rough as it once was... it was tuned down due to all the complaints of injuries.. I doubt it will ever be rough again.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The doctor is in

I'm not surprised they toned the roughness down. Even as a teenager I would walk off the ride from time to time a little shaken up. When I was real young I always felt like I was going to fall out if I sat on an edge seat.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

People got injured because they used poor judgement, it had nothing to do with the attraction itself. The majority who liked Indy the way it was shouldn't have had to sacrifice their fun for these people. An attraction isn't required to accommodate every lifestyle, if that were the case Knott's and Six Flags would have never built another roller coaster again. Disney should bring back the original program intensity, Indy hasn't been the same since.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast