Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

• SORCERER

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

To be clear, when I was on the ride, the Boulder effect was NOT working. Typically you feel like the boulder comes inches from the vehicle (because the room itself is moving) but it was "stuck" about 20 feet back from the vehicle, it was the worst I have ever scene it.

From the sounds of it, it seems as if it working on and off. If they fixed one thing on the ride I wish it would of been the final scene with the boulder, I would hate to see Indy go down for a refurb again anytime soon so hopefully this is just an issue with the boulder scene resetting and they are just waiting on a new motor or something.

• Mischievous Mouse

Well it's likely be 14 months until we ride it again, But has been our "anchor" ride most of our visits to the park, the last visit is RSR, because IJA was closed.

p.s. on a side note, I just got my RotLA blu ray set (was a special $39.99 on Amazon last week) and watched the bonus disk this las weekend.

yes, I am a BIG IJ fans!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Might be a small thing, but it warmed my heart to see all the gum scrapped off the walls in the queue.

It is funny that you say this because one of the first things that came to my mind was "I hope the queue is rid of the gum on the walls". No joke.

I should be heading out there this Saturday so I can see all these changes for myself!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I think the boulder is just one of those effects that it has trouble resetting correctly?? Can cars be closer together on track then other times? If they are pushing people through, that could be a reason.. cars closer together... resulting in boulder glitching?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The boulder is working, was working on Saturday when I went on it.

Might be a small thing, but it warmed my heart to see all the gum scrapped off the walls in the queue.
    The boulder stopped working on Sunday, hopefully it was taken care of overnight.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I think the boulder is just one of those effects that it has trouble resetting correctly?? Can cars be closer together on track then other times? If they are pushing people through, that could be a reason.. cars closer together... resulting in boulder glitching?
    This is exactly it. The room simply cannot move back when the cars are being dispatched at their quickest. Especially if the vehicle in front of you had an extra stall or two.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I don't think it was glitching, they had the effect completely turned off for the day. I've seen the issue you are talking about but usually you just catch the boulder moving back into place if the vehicle gets there too early. My jeep wasn't close to any other vehicles and was trying to catch up, so I know this wasn't the issue because the scene had plenty of time to recover. Even when there are a line of cars waiting to get in the boulder scene it should still work.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

The boulder was not working yesterday when I went on it, but everything looked so crisp and clean even the giant snake that lunges at the ride vehicle looked refreshed, I loved it! I am happy they were able to do this they did a good job! Oh and the lightning in the first large room looked incredible and crisp as well (right after you "look into Mara's eye").

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I don't think it was glitching, they had the effect completely turned off. I've seen the issue you are talking about but usually you just catch the boulder moving back into place if the vehicle gets there too early. My jeep wasn't close to any other vehicles and was trying to catch up, so I know this wasn't the issue because the scene had plenty of time to recover.
    It seems that at the point they have the max number of vehicles running, it automatically stops trying.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It seems that at the point they have the max number of vehicles running, it automatically stops trying.
    Well like I said, there wasn't even a line of cars waiting to get in the scene so it didn't appear overcrowded with vehicles. If it needed to be reset, they should have closed down temporarily to address it. I don't see why it would stop working, the computer should be designed to handle this effect with the max number of cars.

• Air Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    People got injured because they used poor judgement, it had nothing to do with the attraction itself. The majority who liked Indy the way it was shouldn't have had to sacrifice their fun for these people. An attraction isn't required to accommodate every lifestyle, if that were the case Knott's and Six Flags would have never built another roller coaster again. Disney should bring back the original program intensity, Indy hasn't been the same since.
    how rough did it use to be. I didn't know that it use to be really rough but always thought the ride was a little to mellow
    -------------------------------------
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”
    ~Walt Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewo1992 View Post
    how rough did it use to be. I didn't know that it use to be really rough but always thought the ride was a little to mellow
    My impression was that it had been decreased by approximately 20% and once had much greater turn angles. The random programs have also been eliminated in favor of a more predictable pattern.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Rode this yesterday and WOW, it looks brand spanking new sans the boulder not working, which WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING considering I had a first timer with me and that is easily one of the highlights of the ride.

Here's everything I noticed (some have been repeated, some I haven't heard):
    - Wheelchair access to the ride seems to have changed a bit. It looks like they stop people outside now before venturing into the exit. Either that, or the handicap lines were just VERY long, which is possible since Space Mountain and POTC handicap lines were huge.
    - Everything in the queue looks sparkling new with some new lighting - perhaps it's just new bulbs or fixtures have been moved.
    - Spike room isn't up to tip top shape. The ceiling drops but the spikes still don't extend. Lame.
    - The room with the mural on the ceiling before the spike room either has new lighting or was repainted. Before I only saw Mara, but now I can clearly see other figures wrapping around the entire ceiling. Or maybe I was just purposely looking for new details, but I could clearly see the new figures, as they appeared to be painted darker to be more visible.
    - After the film room, we now rub against Indy's office instead of going through the left passageway, which bypasses it completely. It's a simple change in mode of operation, but I haven't rubbed against that office in freakin' years.
    - I sat in the middle row, which is my least favorite, so the ride did appear to seem less bumpy. Can't really comment on the ride's bumpiness until I do the back or front.
    - Chambers of Destiny appeared to be working. Lighting looks fantastic.
    - Lightening on the walls was the first most obvious change in the ride. WOW. That looks like a brand new effect.
    - The green curtain behind the door kinda looks silly with all the updates in the ride now. In fact, I wish the AA went back to it's normal position. I liked that much better, but this isn't the time or place for that...
    - Not sure how I feel about the new headlights in the skeleton room. Not sure if it's necessary. Kinda distracted me every time it happened, but again, that might just be me looking for detail.
    - The skeletons stand out much more, and all the effects of them popping out seem to be in working condition. I can't even remember the last time I've seen them ALL popping out!
    - Love the new projections of the bugs on the wall, but the air blasts need to be updated.
    - On the bridge, I heard a rushing sound. I looked down into the bubbling pit and saw a rushing water fall coming out of the statue. I've NEVER seen that before, EVER! Either that, or the water has been VERY light to the point where I didn't notice it.
    - Bridge looks the same. Couldn't even tell it was wider.
    - Lighting in the snake room is great. You can now tell there's supposed to be snakes everywhere. However, I don't like the lighting on the snake. Looks way more fake than it ever has. It's movements still need to strike at you a bit more to be more imposing, but eh, what ya gonna do.
    - The scrim demon in the wall of skulls part looked refreshened.
    - Down near the bubbling bit, WAY more fog, plus the rushing water to convey the lava. It looked AWESOME. And then the explosions just seemed more real. If we can get some actual heat down there, it'd be awesome.
    - The rat branch looks better, but I still don't think it's where it needs to be to actually look real.
    - The dart room's painting and lighting looks great. Kinda more cartoony, but oh well.
    - Boulder wasn't working, but from the TINY BIT of light that I could see on it while it was stuck back there, it looked very fresh.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

The spikes in the queue never extended out, I think you may be remembering when the ceiling went lower. They reduced this for safety reasons because of tall people or those with children on their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    - On the bridge, I heard a rushing sound. I looked down into the bubbling pit and saw a rushing water fall coming out of the statue. I've NEVER seen that before, EVER! Either that, or the water has been VERY light to the point where I didn't notice it.
    I am very curious as to what this looks like. Sounds quite awesome.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast