Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Thumbs down Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

I'm not surprised about the boulder not functioning properly (it's always seemed to have its issues) but I am surprised that Disney has not fixed the "audio" for that room.

Ever since the update years ago where they replaced a bunch of speakers in the attraction as well as re-did the Indy in front of the Gate, the audio that Indy says at the boulder while hanging from the rope has ALWAYS malfunctioned.

Indy in the past has always had two separate responses for each sequence. One plays when you initially enter the room, while the second plays when your vehicle "backs up" as the boulder makes its way "towards you".

For example:

Sometimes when you enter the room Indy would say "Careful down there! I've got a BAD feeling about this!"
    Then, when the boulder starts making its move, Indy would then say "Uh oh, oh no, get me out of here!"

Ever since the previous update, Indy will only say the 1st response of the sequence and NEVER the 2nd response that normally plays when the boulder starts rolling.

So right now, if Indy says "Careful down there! I've got a BAD feeling about this!" as the first response when you initially get into the room, he'll say the next sequences 1st response which would be "Hey it's dark down here! A rescue! Just what I need!" He'll NEVER say the 2nd part of the sequence as he used to before the prior upgrade.

To hear the complete set of sayings as they played in the original ride, check out this YouTube video: Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - Indy Sayings [Boulder Scene] - YouTube

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill but I'm still surprised that with all the other work done on the ride that this glitch wasn't fixed.

•   

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

I went on Saturday. The ride broke down several times while we were in the single rider line. This made a ( according to MouseWait ) 15 minute line a one-hour wait and we weren't even sure if the ride would re-open each time they shut it down. I have no idea what specifically broke. I see a lot here talking about the rolling boulder so maybe it was that?

Depending on which "door" you go through I noticed the color changed. If the door had a purple light on the outside of it, then the room was awash with purple when you went in. I'm not sure if it was like that before but I certainly noticed it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    what waterfall?
    Yeah, what waterfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    They finally show the 'track line' to the chamber you are suppose to go into if you didn't look into the eyes.
    Saw that and LOVED IT!
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• The doctor is in

So the basic consensus of this refurb is... what refurb?
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    So the basic consensus of this refurb is... what refurb?

Ummm no.. I think the consensus was "what A refurb"

as in, they did a magnificent job refurbishing, i.e., making the attraction look good and new.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Saw that and LOVED IT!
    Is the track line right after you look into Mara's eyes before you make that sharp left with the lightning?

• Banned User

Wow...they shut the ride down for months (including during my most recent visit to DLR) and manage to reopen with the ride's climax still not working. Color me highly unimpressed.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 12-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.

• Selfie Expert

We lucked out with a posted 35 minute wait yesterday with an actual wait of about 15 minutes. I noticed a lot of stops/stalls in the ride. Not like the type you get with a malfunction or GAC load, they seemed planned, but I don't remember the ride being like that before.

I like the change in the cobra's coloring! Other than that, the only noticeable difference to me was the ride seemed cleaner overall. The boulder did not come down for us. :-(

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    [...]

Depending on which "door" you go through I noticed the color changed. If the door had a purple light on the outside of it, then the room was awash with purple when you went in. I'm not sure if it was like that before but I certainly noticed it this time.

[...]
    This has always been the case. When you enter the "chamber of destiny" (the room with the three doors), each door supposedly leads you to one of the three things that the temple offers (riches, visions of the future and youth). Each door subtly hints at what lies behind it with its engravings and color.

Then, in the hall of promise, the door you chose is/was reflected. Of course, it is always the same hall, but the colors and scrims would change appearance. The hall would be awash with gold light for riches, stars for the future, and I forget what youth was (shimmering blue maybe?). Of course then you would look at the eyes of Mara and everything would strobe out as you turn the corner to be jerked toward the gates of doom.

However, it sounds like they have greatly enhanced this effect within the hall of promise which is awesome

Fun fact, the things that Sallah says at the end of the attraction used to match what door you "went through" too. If you went through the "youth" door, he would say the stroller comment when you got back to the unload, while the "riches" door would bring a comment about helping you carry away your loot.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Wow...they shut the ride down for months (including during my most recent visit to DLR) and still manage to reopen with the ride's climax still not working. Color me highly unimpressed.
    I think the conclusion we have come to is not that the boulder effect isn't working, but they are pushing cars through quickly. Thus resulting in the effect needed to reset for the next car and not having time. If you'll notice people that went last weekend who rode IJA said it was both working and non working which leads us to believe the effect just doesn't have time to reset for every vehicle. If everyone said the effect was down, there would be issue.

• Still lost in Neverland

I was at the Park this past Sunday and went on Indie to see what had been done. Everything was fine, looked great, worked great until the last "room". The boulder never move and in fact that whole area where the boulder is was in total darkness. Indies line was all garbled and not understandable and the final scene was brighter than before but Indy only slightly made any movement and no audio at all. Not a good thing for such a long period of down time.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Fun fact, the things that Sallah says at the end of the attraction used to match what door you "went through" too. If you went through the "youth" door, he would say the stroller comment when you got back to the unload, while the "riches" door would bring a comment about helping you carry away your loot.
    And for the Observatory of the Future, he would say, "So I should not even need to tell you to remain seated until your transport comes to a complete stop!"

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Wow...they shut the ride down for months (including during my most recent visit to DLR) and manage to reopen with the ride's climax still not working. Color me highly unimpressed.
    It was working the first day it reopened.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

I rode it yesterday, I love the added loop!!

• some assembly required

Anyone have an update on the boulder room? As in, did you ride it today? Did it work?
    Just curious b/c today is much less crowded than over the weekend.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Anyone have an update on the boulder room? As in, did you ride it today? Did it work?
    Just curious b/c today is much less crowded than over the weekend.
    I went to ride it today at Rope drop and it was fantastic. We got in to the Boulder Room, and the lighting was perfect, the audio was right on and the boulder did indeed "roll down at the jeep"

I have never seen the ride look that clean and polished.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast