Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

I still want to know about the waterfall?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

The ride looks absolutely fantastic. Felt like a whole new ride! The lighting was an A+++, the painting and freshening up made the ride feel brand new, and all the effects up and working again was terrific! Those effects really create the whole experience of the attraction. Awesome to see things like lunging skeletons properly lit and moving correctly (this part of attraction came off as way more creepy now, to me), enhanced bugs (this was GREAT), and ghost spirit. It was all so fantastic and put Indy back on the top attractions list for me!

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I still want to know about the waterfall?
    It's in the big main room. To the left of the bridge.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The left of the bridge as we the vehicle crosses it? So by the skull?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Is there any video of this?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

The water is rushing out of the bottom of Mara's skeletal mouth, and the water flows into the lava pit. I doubt there's video of it, since it's not something someone would point their camera at at any particular moment since it's not really a highlight. As said before, I have NEVER seen this until Sunday, and if it was happening before, the water flow was so light that it wasn't even noticeable. The rushing water caught my ear while in the bug room though, and I instantly knew something was different on my favorite ride of all time. I pinpointed it and looked down to the left, and gasped in wonder and awe. If you're not sitting on the far left of the vehicle, you won't see it on the bridge, but you still might hear it. I'm not sure of it's visibility in the other seats before going into the dark/rat room though, but I imagine it'd be visible or at the very least, you'd be able to hear it, since it's water rushing, it's very easy and distinguishable to hear.

Name:  indiana_jones_bubbling_death.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  245.1 KB
    Where her mouth is glowing is where the water was coming from. As it's slightly above the pit, it's maybe a 3 - 6 foot waterfall.

• The doctor is in

I just watched a POV video of the refurb on YouTube. I must admit that it does look like the improved a fixed a lot. It was familiar to what I remember back closer to when it first opened. It still didn't look like the boulder was working in the video, though.

And is it just me or does the ride run slower now? Maybe it was just because I was watching on YouTube it it seemed a lot less jerky and the ride seemed to last longer than I'm used to.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    The water is rushing out of the bottom of Mara's skeletal mouth, and the water flows into the lava pit. I doubt there's video of it, since it's not something someone would point their camera at at any particular moment since it's not really a highlight. As said before, I have NEVER seen this until Sunday, and if it was happening before, the water flow was so light that it wasn't even noticeable. The rushing water caught my ear while in the bug room though, and I instantly knew something was different on my favorite ride of all time. I pinpointed it and looked down to the left, and gasped in wonder and awe. If you're not sitting on the far left of the vehicle, you won't see it on the bridge, but you still might hear it. I'm not sure of it's visibility in the other seats before going into the dark/rat room though, but I imagine it'd be visible or at the very least, you'd be able to hear it, since it's water rushing, it's very easy and distinguishable to hear.

Name:  indiana_jones_bubbling_death.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  245.1 KB
    Where her mouth is glowing is where the water was coming from. As it's slightly above the pit, it's maybe a 3 - 6 foot waterfall.
    Wow thanks! Yeah I'd imagine it's pretty visible after the snake scene too. I'm going Thursday so I will be on the lookout for it.

Sidenote: How friggen cool is that photo? I know we've all seen it 100's of times but that is such a cool part of the attraction.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I just watched a POV video of the refurb on YouTube. I must admit that it does look like the improved a fixed a lot. It was familiar to what I remember back closer to when it first opened. It still didn't look like the boulder was working in the video, though.

And is it just me or does the ride run slower now? Maybe it was just because I was watching on YouTube it it seemed a lot less jerky and the ride seemed to last longer than I'm used to.
    Watch a video of post and pre refurb side by side.

• Banned User

I think the conclusion we have come to is not that the boulder effect isn't working, but they are pushing cars through quickly. Thus resulting in the effect needed to reset for the next car and not having time. If you'll notice people that went last weekend who rode IJA said it was both working and non working which leads us to believe the effect just doesn't have time to reset for every vehicle. If everyone said the effect was down, there would be issue.
    Maybe so. But if they are sacrifising a key effect just to increase capacity, that's a terrible (and hopefully temporary) decision.

• N/A

I think the conclusion we have come to is not that the boulder effect isn't working, but they are pushing cars through quickly. Thus resulting in the effect needed to reset for the next car and not having time. If you'll notice people that went last weekend who rode IJA said it was both working and non working which leads us to believe the effect just doesn't have time to reset for every vehicle. If everyone said the effect was down, there would be issue.
    This is an incorrect assumption. There is sufficient time between vehicles for the effect to reset even with the maximum number of vehicles in operation and the shortest dispatch interval. In fact the attraction hasn't run at the max number of vehicles for a very long time and it isn't likely to in the foreseeable future.

Impacts on timing toward the end of the attraction are more heavily affected by backups in the station which cascade backwards through the attraction. This can royally screw up the timing on all those scenes including the boulder scene. Backups are caused by people not getting in and out quickly, not buckling their seatbelts, cast members holding gates trying to fill every seat instead of just sending the vehicle on time, cast being slow at checking belts, cast searching for lost and found items people have left behind. The list goes on and on but this is actually what screws up the timing for things like the boulder.
    Last edited by 24601; 12-12-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: backup info added

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think in one of the future updates can they make the veichels return to the gates that they were dispacted from. I hate the fact you load on the left gate and return on the right gate and have to walk up all those stairs. (I know that the jeeps go to which every gate is going to be first open for it to unload or is running) to prevent back up.

Maybe they can send an empty jeep through to prevent backups so the bolder effect is properly timed. Or instead of holding the jeep infront of the bolder, hold them before the dart room (you know the part before the music starts playing and you see the room but you are just holding there until bolder is going to be reset by the time you get there)

•   
    • Banned User

Is the track line right after you look into Mara's eyes before you make that sharp left with the lightning?
    Yes. It makes more sense now and gives you that last fleeting hope of "Wait, we were almost there!"

I think the conclusion we have come to is not that the boulder effect isn't working, but they are pushing cars through quickly. Thus resulting in the effect needed to reset for the next car and not having time.
    That makes total sense. If the object being used in there was originally designed for a car wash then it was designed to go back and forth slowly. How long are you waiting in a park-and-wait carwash? Maybe four minutes? In that time how many Indy jeeps do you think pass the boulder? probably a lot, I'm guessing one jeep every 15 seconds so let's say approximately 16 jeeps.

I build a lot of hobby electronics that use servos, servo controller boards and linear actuators. It's possible to build something that should work in theory but in reality is overtaxed by how frequent it's expected to do it's job. If they slowed that device down to every other jeep then maybe it wouldn't be stressed out and could operate at a more reliable pace?

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think in one of the future updates can they make the veichels return to the gates that they were dispacted from. I hate the fact you load on the left gate and return on the right gate and have to walk up all those stairs. (I know that the jeeps go to which every gate is going to be first open for it to unload or is running) to prevent back up.
    I have always returned to the side I loaded on. No matter when I ride the ride, busy, low crowds, I always return to the left side. (I always choose that side)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Yes. It makes more sense now and gives you that last fleeting hope of "Wait, we were almost there!"
    Thanks. I have always noticed that room but it was never illuminated properly I guess haha. Stoked to ride it tomorrow!

That makes total sense. If the object being used in there was originally designed for a car wash then it was designed to go back and forth slowly. How long are you waiting in a park-and-wait carwash? Maybe four minutes? In that time how many Indy jeeps do you think pass the boulder? probably a lot, I'm guessing one jeep every 15 seconds so let's say approximately 16 jeeps.

I build a lot of hobby electronics that use servos, servo controller boards and linear actuators. It's possible to build something that should work in theory but in reality is overtaxed by how frequent it's expected to do it's job. If they slowed that device down to every other jeep then maybe it wouldn't be stressed out and could operate at a more reliable pace?
    Possibly! The point that 24601 came up with is not a bad point either. One thing is for sure, I hope they get it straightened out soon!