Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

I didn't read all 17 pages of this, but did anyone else notice that the Jeep never goes "backwards" anymore in the ball scene? There are a number of GIFs online that show that you don't actually go backwards, but that the walls just move to make it look like you do. However, I rode it once on the soft open and twice after it reopened this month, and all 3 times the car just came to a stop, Indy talked, and then the ball lit up while we drove under it. No ball-rolling-toward-you (though the ball was spinning) or Jeep-backing-up like it used to do.

Did I miss something?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by webg33k View Post
    I didn't read all 17 pages of this, but did anyone else notice that the Jeep never goes "backwards" anymore in the ball scene? There are a number of GIFs online that show that you don't actually go backwards, but that the walls just move to make it look like you do. However, I rode it once on the soft open and twice after it reopened this month, and all 3 times the car just came to a stop, Indy talked, and then the ball lit up while we drove under it. No ball-rolling-toward-you (though the ball was spinning) or Jeep-backing-up like it used to do.

Did I miss something?
    yeah you did...read or at least skim through all 17 pages. There is plenty of talk about how the boulder sometimes doesn't work and sometimes does due to the amount of jeeps being pushed through.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Did I miss something?
    The boulder effect has been jacked up for a while now, so that's probably what you were experiencing.

The Jeeps don't go backwards, the walls move and the boulder spins on a post in one spot. All of these things combined give the effect that you have backed up before jolting forward again.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    The Jeeps don't go backwards, the walls move and the boulder spins on a post in one spot. All of these things combined give the effect that you have backed up before jolting forward again.
    That's what I mean: I was looking for that affect where the walls move and/or it feels like I went backwards and it didn't happen. The Jeep just stopped, and the walls never moved.

• Parking Lot > DCA

That's what I mean: I was looking for that affect where the walls move and/or it feels like I went backwards and it didn't happen. The Jeep just stopped, and the walls never moved.
    That whole scene has been off and on for a while now, so chances are that is what you saw.

I'm bummed our AP ended a week before it re-opened. Its my favorite ride. Guess I will have to visit again this year. We are taking a year off from the AP, but I want to see the refurbished ride (I went the year it opened) and of course, the I want to see the non Holiday haunted mansion.

New ride descriptions sound great, perhaps when the crowds are lower the boulder effect will work more often. Before the rehab I noticed the effect was hit and miss as well.

I wish I had the link right now. Earlier I saw a news cast video on youtube on how the boulder effect works. Kind of amazing. The ball is in the same place the whole time. The fake walls move away and you feel like its getting closer. Anyone have a link to that video? A news guy got a behind the scenes tour after hours of the ride. I'll try to find it...

We rode opening day and there are definitely glitches. We were held in the arrow room for a good 3 minutes just idling Then, we were held for about 2 minutes in complete darkness prior to the boulder scene. However, once we moved up to it, it worked perfectly.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ccinsf View Post
    We rode opening day and there are definitely glitches. We were held in the arrow room for a good 3 minutes just idling Then, we were held for about 2 minutes in complete darkness prior to the boulder scene. However, once we moved up to it, it worked perfectly.
    Just a backup of jeeps at the station, completely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Just a backup of jeeps at the station, completely normal.
    Yeah. Once we were watching Indy twitch at the boulder scene for about 2 minutes just idiling, but the sound was still going (not the voice but the engine etc). It was really cool, then suddenly the boulder came toward us like normal. It was actually more fun.

AH, THis is not the news cast lights on walk through, but shows how they do it. Amazing:

Boulder Scene Diagram - YouTube

Anyone have decent Hi Def ride through Video? Only one on Youtube is all out of focus. A better video might hold me over a couple months....

• Parking Lot > DCA

Here is something fun for everyone! The TV spot for the attraction from the 90's! It features 2 people that ruined my life, Michael Eisner and George Lucas! Enjoy..

Last edited by explodingboy; 12-16-2012 at 03:16 PM.

• The doctor is in

I have found that most of the time when I get "stuck" on a ride it is because the loading or unloading of guests takes longer than it should. Usually due to a handicapped guest who has to transfer from a wheelchair or ECV into the ride vehicle.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

So I rode it last night around 10:40

The changes are noticeable. As its all been said before, the lightening in the beginning is must sharper and pops. The skull hologram in the skull room pops to and the rats...are very good....(I hate that room :P...I hate rats). The wall paintings in the dart room pop as well and are very fluorescent. The Skeleton room is brighter to but I have yet to see Bones

The Snake is brand new, it looks like anyway! The thing is REALLY bright!

My jeep got a working boulder as it rolled and moved.

And even my son, who had only ridden it once before the renovations, noticed that the Jeeps were not an olive green but are now a nice dark forest green.

Still a fantastic ride!

Re: Indiana Jones Soft Opens Today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junglecskipper View Post
    I think Disney should have scheduled more time for this refurb. INDY needed to be closed for at least 8 months to get everything back in order plus add new effects. This attraction is stale and needs something new.

With that being said, Im glad they did what they did but more needed to be done.
    As long as they don't add aliens, I'm good

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Hey Micechatter!

I just uploaded one of the Great Low Light quality of the Refurbished Indiana Jones Adventure Ride at Disneyland 2012. This is the only video I think on YouTube that truly capture the POV experience without the use of Night Vision that take away from the experience.

Hope you guys enjoy this POV video.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-16-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360