Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

It's right under the Mara statue. I once said the water is coming from between her teeth, but I was mistaken. There's another pit under Mara's mouth where the water comes from and pours down & out into the lava pit.

But as I mentioned, it was nowhere near as big as what I saw on opening weekend. As of now, it's hardly even noticeable Opening weekend, I clearly heard it and that's why I looked down. This last weekend, I couldn't even pinpoint where it was anymore, but I did see it, and I saw the water, but there was so little of it, I can't even really qualify it as a waterfall.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Can anyone confirm if the boulder scene has been addressed? This seems like an excessive period of time for the finale of this attraction to be broken, especially in peak season.

• SORCERER

Thumbs up Re: (Merged) Indiana Jones Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the boulder scene has been addressed? This seems like an excessive period of time for the finale of this attraction to be broken, especially in peak season.
    Went on it Today and it was working perfect.

Basically when we got to the final scene, the jeep stopped right before Indiana is swinging from the rope. The boulder had to reset it self. Once the boulder was properly reset it began (about 35 sec later) the scene began, Indy' rope started to swing and the ball began to roll, and had the proper effect apeparing to come inches form the vehicle.

From what I understand, on the weekend due to it being so busy. it seems they put to many jeeps on the track at once, forcing the boulder scene to not have enough time to reset, and begin prematurely without the scene being reset.

• We Go On.

I hope some effects in this refurb aren't another case of the Astro Orbitor "fix" we saw a few years ago to get the sculpture revolving again. It was an impressive effect while it lasted, and then it broke down again just a couple months later.

For IJA at least we have new lighting effects, repainted and resurfaced scenes, and improved technology in the vehicles.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well....I was happy with how they painted stuff....just makes the ride feel "new" and the lightening effect is the biggest plus I love how it looks now

Though....it still breaks down everyday......just close it til you fix it so it never has to go down that much....its a 15 year old ride....Pirates is like 40 years old and it works every day

• Banned User

I hate to say it, but...maybe Indy should have gone down for a 10 month refurb, like Big Thunder.

The new paint and lighting effects are great, but it broke down twice when we went on. Lots of effects still not working. The doors were not moving in the chamber of destiny, no smoke from the snake statues mouths before the snake chamber, etc. But over all, it looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well....I was happy with how they painted stuff....just makes the ride feel "new" and the lightening effect is the biggest plus I love how it looks now

Though....it still breaks down everyday......just close it til you fix it so it never has to go down that much....its a 15 year old ride....Pirates is like 40 years old and it works every day
    You can't compare it to Pirates. They're two vastly different technologies.
    Indy is so complex. Pirates is fairly simple in comparison.
    Pirates is all AAs, the boat moves on a trac-like thing, projections, some lighting effects, fog, and that's pretty much it.
    Indy has AA's, a giant AA, fire, lighting, projections, the complex vehicle that has all those movements, rooms where whole walls move, shooting air, the bolder.
    Theres a lot more to it.
    I hope there's some way to get it working like new again, but it doesn't mean it's gonna hold up like new for a very long time.

Did they install the Glow with the Show shutoff signal on Indy?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920