Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Just drawn that way

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

I can't wait! I hardly go on it, but since it went down I have been eager to go ride it. May have to go on it the first couple days its back operating.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    The dart room doesn't need a mural, it needs to have the 'statues' actually carved out of foam, painted to look like stone, and mounted on the wall. It would look way more realistic, and you could then hang some cobwebs/moss off them that would move with the air being shot out of the holes.
    Based off information about this point in the ride, there is not much room for addition of figures. I wonder, if they will change out the hallway skeletons for a hallway with holes for the "darts", simular to the design in the queue and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 12-01-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: edited the last sentence

• ooooooOO!

I'm happy with whatever they revamped as long as the ride doesn't break down as often Oh the painful memories of having to leave when halfway through the queue..

• Resident of the Caldera

There is indeed a camera that snaps your picture as you drop below the boulder on Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull in Tokyo DisneySEA. They sell the photos just as they do at Splash Mountain and Test Track.

There is no need to have carved figures in the dart room. Many ancient tombs have painted walls and are not carved in stone. Painted is just as genuine as carved.

Here's hoping they just fix the effects in the ride, tweak the ride system so it doesn't break down multiple times a day, and that Tony Baxter finally gets those other two new AAs of Indy in there. And, perhaps, at along last we'll get the vocals from Harrison Ford that we should have had since 1995.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but it looks like the Jeeps got an olive drab paint job.
    There have always been olive colored jeeps (the others are a sandy color), but it looks like they have been painted somewhat darker.

• We Go On.

I thought the olive colored jeeps were only painted from their original tan color a couple years back, and then reprogrammed with an alternate motion base sequence?

As for Harrison Ford dubbing his voice, I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    There is no need to have carved figures in the dart room. Many ancient tombs have painted walls and are not carved in stone. Painted is just as genuine as carved.
    Your right that ancient tombs did have painted walls, but probably not paintings that tried to look like carvings (and in UV paint too).

I would love to see them use the 3D printing technique to do a bas-relief designs to replace the painted 'guards'. It would not have to be more that an inch or two in thickness to improve and enhance the scene. If not, changing the paintings to be just paintings instead of faux carvings would work too.

I was about to post this. Glad Im not the only one who thinks this. I always thought that room was supposed to be more of a decorated booby trap than actual skeletons coming after you.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• some assembly required

There is indeed a camera that snaps your picture as you drop below the boulder on Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull in Tokyo DisneySEA. They sell the photos just as they do at Splash Mountain and Test Track.

Here's hoping they just fix the effects in the ride, tweak the ride system so it doesn't break down multiple times a day, and that Tony Baxter finally gets those other two new AAs of Indy in there. And, perhaps, at along last we'll get the vocals from Harrison Ford that we should have had since 1995.
    Agreed. That is my fave room, so I just want it to fully function, not be redone.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post

As for Harrison Ford dubbing his voice, I highly doubt it.

Isn't this b/c Disney wants to avoid up'ing the operating costs by having to pay out royalties? And isn't the same issue one of many reasons we wont have a Mary Poppins attraction any time soon (b/c a good one would require the likeness of not one, but two ppl who would have to strike an agreement w/ Disney)?
    Anyone know for sure and what it would take to have Mr Ford's likeness in the attraction?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

I think it would be cool to use the same effect as the sculptures in Haunted mansion where they look like they follow you. You could use that with the skeleton room, when you drive by the skeletons, they will follow you. You wouldn't need room to do it since the effect is carved into the wall and not outwards. Just a thought

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Isn't this b/c Disney wants to avoid up'ing the operating costs by having to pay out royalties? And isn't the same issue one of many reasons we wont have a Mary Poppins attraction any time soon (b/c a good one would require the likeness of not one, but two ppl who would have to strike an agreement w/ Disney)?
    Anyone know for sure and what it would take to have Mr Ford's likeness in the attraction?
    Why doesn't Disney just give Fords family unlimited passes, they gave them to Paul Reubens in return for doing Capt. Rex for STAR TOURS.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Musical Fireman

Why doesn't Disney just give Fords family unlimited passes, they gave them to Paul Reubens in return for doing Capt. Rex for STAR TOURS. I don't think they will mind losing one family for the money the get of all others. Okay back to the topic.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

I would think that since Disney acquired Lucasfilm they own the rights to Indiana Jones and could do what ever the want.

There's probably an agreement between Harrison Ford and Lucasfilm on where they can use his likeness. They own the rights to the films but they don't own the complete rights to Harrison's likeness. There has to be an agreed upon contract that they can use his likeness in the attraction.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast