Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

While there is painted walls in tombs, that part of the ride has always felt like a ride you'd find at a fun house on some pier (Not Paradise Pier of course...lol). the walls just looks so plain old plywood painted with designs, instead of something that belonged in the ride. I like the dart effect, but the painted walls felt cheap.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Too bad the Lucasfilm deal didn't happen 6 months ago. That way they may have planned more/different things in this refurb.

• No Disassemble!

I'll be eagerly awaiting to see if they removed the blacklighting from the dart room and will go with something more dark. I thought the blacklit murals are cool but they are also too bright and I could often see where the mural met the plain floor.

It wouldn't be hard to put a camera in the attraction. I'm thinking that it would be put in the finale scene where the ball comes rolling towards the guests since this area already uses strobe lights as a show effect. What I'm wondering is, where would you put the photo booth? There's little to no room in the exit queue and traditionally the photo booths are designed either in or immediately outside it to make it easy for the guests to see their photos.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Mischievous Mouse

But what about more snakes and adding tarantulas?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Just FYI, it looks like Indy will be opening a day early, on the 7th. This is being reported by a very reliable CM who works at Indy and posts regularly on Mousewait. I can't wait to see all the changes and fixes!

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

I CANNOT wait for next Monday!! We pretty much planned our time to come there based around this ride's refurb schedule! (Yes, we like this ride THAT much...plus we only get to go every other year or so) SO EXCITED!!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by bheuett View Post
    I think it would be cool to use the same effect as the sculptures in Haunted mansion where they look like they follow you. You could use that with the skeleton room, when you drive by the skeletons, they will follow you. You wouldn't need room to do it since the effect is carved into the wall and not outwards. Just a thought
    That's the problem, though. They would still be three dimensional. They'd still need to push out the walls and create false walls at the front of the sculptures. If they were able to do that, they would have just made the skeletons three-dimensional to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Just FYI, it looks like Indy will be opening a day early, on the 7th. This is being reported by a very reliable CM who works at Indy and posts regularly on Mousewait. I can't wait to see all the changes and fixes!
    I can't wait!

•   

I will be there opening day. Gotta see this.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    And I think I heard somewhere that they were adding a camera? I may have seen that here on MC...I don't rememeber. Anyone know?
    At first I thought you meant like a security camera. I was gonna say "don't they have enough of those already" lol.

But I can't wait to ride it in January. I'm so excited to see these features now!

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Baja Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really want to this is true, i am going on the 7th just a quick one day trip and my next trip will be probably in a year and a half!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Caretoman View Post
    i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really want to this is true, i am going on the 7th just a quick one day trip and my next trip will be probably in a year and a half!!!
    Try to go by and check all day. As the CMs reopen it it can take a while but asking the ones at the entrance they may know when it should expect to be opened.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope the new paint on the dart room...is less cartoonie always felt out of place compared to the rest of the ride

• Resident of the Caldera

Ford has to agree to the use of both his likeness and his voice. That's why there is only one piece of art for this attraction that clearly shows Indy's face: the Drew Struzan litho that was sold when the attraction opened. They have used it for the poster that is now in the tunnel.

Disney must have received permission to use his likeness more recently because the one AA figure they have replaced--the first, who holds the giant doors closed--is a dead ringer for Ford as he appears in the fourth movie.

I hope when they finally replace the figure at the end of the ride, the one beside the cracked boulder, that he tips his hat back while he's talking: the Indy figure in Tokyo DisneySEA does this, and it looks amazing.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Ford has to agree to the use of both his likeness and his voice. That's why there is only one piece of art for this attraction that clearly shows Indy's face: the Drew Struzan litho that was sold when the attraction opened. They have used it for the poster that is now in the tunnel.

Disney must have received permission to use his likeness more recently because the one AA figure they have replaced--the first, who holds the giant doors closed--is a dead ringer for Ford as he appears in the fourth movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Isn't this b/c Disney wants to avoid up'ing the operating costs by having to pay out royalties?
    They have the likeness. From everything I've heard, he was just too busy at the time to dub the voice over and things never lined up.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope the new paint on the dart room...is less cartoonie always felt out of place compared to the rest of the ride
    I would totally agree with this. The dart room has always been out of place.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast