Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

I heard this about his vocal work for the ride, wonder if it's true:

"This was imparted to me by one of the show designers at a meeting at WDI. Just before Indy opened. Harrison Ford had originally agreed to voice the three Indy characters but would only do it on the condition that they not ask him to appear or do any recordings for the half-time Super Bowl show that year the ride opened, which did have a blatant promo for the new attraction. Well, as fate would have it, he was scheduled for a Saturday recording session, the studio was rented and ready to go. However, a low level idiot in marketing over at the studio, not aware of the agreement, sent a script to Mr. Ford of the Super Bowl show instead of the attraction script, the Wednesday before the scheduled recording. Incensed that the one simple request was not kept, he canceled just one day before on Friday."
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disney Fan 4 Life

But this seems more likely:

"Negotiations to use the actor's distinctive voice broke down in late December. According to Ford's agent, the talks foundered over creative input as well as money. A Disney source speculates, though, that the deal didn't materialize because Ford may have viewed the voice-over as a concession — he was reluctant to make while in salary negotiations to star in a fourth Indy movie."

So who knows..maybe with buying the franchise, they could finally get him on board. Especially with the fact that they updated some of the animatronics in the ride in 2010 to look like him.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    Too bad the Lucasfilm deal didn't happen 6 months ago. That way they may have planned more/different things in this refurb.
    Such as a crystal skull or lead-lined refrigerator?

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I'll be eagerly awaiting to see if they removed the blacklighting from the dart room and will go with something more dark. I thought the blacklit murals are cool but they are also too bright and I could often see where the mural met the plain floor.
    Aesthetically, they have never been a good fit, so I'm hoping for a significant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    What I'm wondering is, where would you put the photo booth? There's little to no room in the exit queue and traditionally the photo booths are designed either in or immediately outside it to make it easy for the guests to see their photos.
    I think there is some room around the area near the bat cave.

•   

Glad you discovered the Harrison Ford info and liked it but it's kind of old news around here.

I'd be just as surprised if Harrison Ford did anything with Disney ( even voice work for the ride ) as I would if Bill Murray agreed to another Ghostbusters movie. I'm still doubting the recent reports about him being receptive to being Han Solo one more time. Both of those guys have always seemed to hate the character that fans love. Although Ford's always favored Indy more than Han, the way he answers questions in interviews reads like he's really saying "I'm done with it, why can't you all be?"

We fans can hope, but let's stay grounded. We love it more than the actors often do. I don't think we'll ever see him do anything for the park, but fingers crossed.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Glad you discovered the Harrison Ford info and liked it but it's kind of old news around here.

I'd be just as surprised if Harrison Ford did anything with Disney ( even voice work for the ride ) as I would if Bill Murray agreed to another Ghostbusters movie. I'm still doubting the recent reports about him being receptive to being Han Solo one more time. Both of those guys have always seemed to hate the character that fans love. Although Ford's always favored Indy more than Han, the way he answers questions in interviews reads like he's really saying "I'm done with it, why can't you all be?"

We fans can hope, but let's stay grounded. We love it more than the actors often do. I don't think we'll ever see him do anything for the park, but fingers crossed.

You know that first bite I think I had read here before as well. It is true that fans of movies love to remember the actor in that role, while the actor has since moved on as the character is not the sum of who they are. I understand it completely, but I always assume that roles that really made an actor/actress what they are today are still worth the actor taking a little time for it. There are always new fans to win . Wise actors never forget it~

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Kinda off topic...but...

I'd be just as surprised if Harrison Ford did anything with Disney ( even voice work for the ride ) as I would if Bill Murray agreed to another Ghostbusters movie.
    Bill Murray did agree to Ghostbusters.

Bill Murray green lights 'Ghostbusters 3' - Allentown Celebrity | Examiner.com

And there are other stories that Bill Murray agreed to Ghostbusters 3....But I'm still in the "believe it when I see the movie" mode with that.

Back on topic..I love Harrison Ford...I love Indiana Jones and better yet...my kid loves to ride Indiana Jones (he doesn't ride any other "thrill" type rides in the parks) So I am anxious to see the changes.
    Last edited by clara; 12-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Kinda off topic...but...

And there are other stories that Bill Murray agreed to Ghostbusters 3....But I'm still in the "believe it when I see the movie" mode with that.
    Also off topic, but from what I heard, if he does return to Ghostbusters, he will most likely be a ghost after they kill off the character.

I would rather see him return to his classic role of Carl Spackler which is by far my favorite Bill Murray character.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Agree 100%. Sad, but true.

Kinda off topic...but...

It's been debunked already. There was a site spreading that around and a bunch of other sites caught wind and posted it and it turned about to be false. Basically Examiner got it from Hollywood.com and they got it from SuperOfficialNews.com which is a bunk site. I can't imagine all the other sites that caught wind of it, too. SON is known to publish stuff like that..

Unfortunately, until you hear it from Murray himself (unlikely), I wouldn't believe anything.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 12-05-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It's been debunked already. There was a site that was spreading that around and a bunch of other sites caught wind and posted it and it turned about to be false.
    Oh? Kevin and Bean announced it on Kroq this morning (or maybe yesterday morning)...I may have to look into that.

I'm going to PM you...because I don't want to derail this thread off topic

• -

Oh? Kevin and Bean announced it on Kroq this morning (or maybe yesterday morning)...I may have to look into that.

I'm going to PM you...because I don't want to derail this thread off topic
    We could talk about adding Bill Murray to the Indy ride and that would bring it back on topic.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    We could talk about adding Bill Murray to the Indy ride and that would bring it back on topic.
    right along with the loop, right?!

• Semi Back

And I think I heard somewhere that they were adding a camera? I may have seen that here on MC...I don't rememeber. Anyone know?
    i could see them implementing this right after the boulder scene right as the boulder "falls"

Has there been any talk on the rat projection?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Has there been any talk on the rat projection?
    I heard all the effects are going to be refreshed. (fixed) So we may see some improvement.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I heard all the effects are going to be refreshed. (fixed) So we may see some improvement.
    They're gonna throw live rats and mice into the jeep for extra super cool realism. And you can take one home as a souvenir. I'm going to name mine Algernon.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast