Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    They're gonna throw live rats and mice into the jeep for extra super cool realism. And you can take one home as a souvenir. I'm going to name mine Algernon.
    Actually they will be shot out of an air cannon. In makes for more fun interaction with riders and think of the thrill it will be for the rats.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Oh, but PETA might sue for Shot Temple Rats.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Oh, but PETA might sue for Shot Temple Rats.

Timekeeper
    PETA= People Eating Tastey A​nimals
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Resident of the Caldera

You can't compare Bill Murray to Harrison Ford. Bill Murray is a nut: he has no manager and no agent. He tries to live completely outside the Hollywood system.

Harrison Ford plays the Hollywood game, even though he's cranky about it. He actually seems to like making films, but he can't pick a script to save his life.

You remember all those comments about a fifth Indy movie? Spielberg and Ford always say the same thing, "I want to do it, but the ideas have to come from George." Well old George Lucas is history now! Making a fifth Indiana Jones movie no longer has anything to do with him. It's entirely up to Disney, who now must cozy up to Spielberg and Ford to get them to sign on. And hopefully they'll hire a decent screenwriter this time! And if Disney does make a new Indy film, then the Indy ride will probably get some real love.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I really hope they fix the projection of the stars on the ceiling in the first room when you see Mara. Also, there are supposed to be changes to the room when they shoot darts at the jeep.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    You can't compare Bill Murray to Harrison Ford.
    I didn't think any one was comparing the two...?

• Resident of the Caldera

"I'd be just as surprised if Harrison Ford did anything with Disney ( even voice work for the ride ) as I would if Bill Murray agreed to another Ghostbusters movie. I'm still doubting the recent reports about him being receptive to being Han Solo one more time. Both of those guys have always seemed to hate the character that fans love."

So he wrote.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I would like to see some added projections. Kind of like what they did in the snow white's scary adventure attraction the last time it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    "I'd be just as surprised if Harrison Ford did anything with Disney ( even voice work for the ride ) as I would if Bill Murray agreed to another Ghostbusters movie. I'm still doubting the recent reports about him being receptive to being Han Solo one more time. Both of those guys have always seemed to hate the character that fans love."

So he wrote.
    Hmmm...i didn't take that as comparing the two men..I took that as comparing the two situations. Meaning Harrison Ford wouldn't do anything for Disney and Bill Murray would not do another Ghostbusters.

But I'm tired, I may have misinterpreted.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Hmmm...i didn't take that as comparing the two men..I took that as comparing the two situations. Meaning Harrison Ford wouldn't do anything for Disney and Bill Murray would not do another Ghostbusters.
    That's how I took it.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Hopefully they have fixed the ice effect.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I hope so too, but it's highly unlikely. From everything I've read the reason it was so short lived was due to the wear and tear on the machine as well as maintenance issues. Sure, there has been plenty of time to come up with an alternative and make it work right but I feel like if it was going to come back it would have already.

To be honest, I am not expecting anything too fancy to come from this refurb. I'm also setting the bar low so that way if there is added effects, etc, I'll be overjoyed instead of disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I hope so too, but it's highly unlikely. From everything I've read the reason it was so short lived was due to the wear and tear on the machine as well as maintenance issues. Sure, there has been plenty of time to come up with an alternative and make it work right but I feel like if it was going to come back it would have already.

To be honest, I am not expecting anything too fancy to come from this refurb. I'm also setting the bar low so that way if there is added effects, etc, I'll be overjoyed instead of disappointed.
    Was this "ice effect" short lived and a long time ago because I don't know what this refers to.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

I don't know why Disney came up with the ice machine in the first place, couldn't they have just installed a simple hidden conveyor system from the bottom to the top of the room for fake rocks to be recycled?

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Was this "ice effect" short lived and a long time ago because I don't know what this refers to.
    There is/was a big ice maker on the roof of the "lake of fire/overlook" room that when the ice fell it looked like the roof was caving in. It hasn't worked for years.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast