Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

It's too much to hope for, but disneySEA in Tokyo has the most amazing feature. Towards the end, a huge carved idol blows this weird "smoke ring" at you. The sound effect makes this especially exciting! I never would have thought it possible to top Disneyland's Indy, but DisneySEA's is way more awesome...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Was this "ice effect" short lived and a long time ago because I don't know what this refers to.
    It's often referred to as the "ice effect" but really it was meant to simulate falling rocks. After you pass the first Indy AA (when he is holding the doors shut) and you make that left and see the bridge and Mara - a beam would come out of Mara's eye and hit the ceiling above you. From there chunks of ice would fall and hit the ground, as if the beam had hit the ceiling and caused it to crumble. It was very short lived and due to the way it was set up it caused problems and they decided to can the whole effect.

@ 0:55 you can sort of see the effect happen to the right of the ride vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I don't know why Disney came up with the ice machine in the first place, couldn't they have just installed a simple hidden conveyor system from the bottom to the top of the room for fake rocks to be recycled?
    I am sure there are 100 different ways they could have gone about it to be honest. It could have been a rushed deal, or just not fully thought out. Trial and error type of situation perhaps.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 12-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post

You remember all those comments about a fifth Indy movie? Spielberg and Ford always say the same thing, "I want to do it, but the ideas have to come from George." Well old George Lucas is history now! Making a fifth Indiana Jones movie no longer has anything to do with him. It's entirely up to Disney, who now must cozy up to Spielberg and Ford to get them to sign on. And hopefully they'll hire a decent screenwriter this time! And if Disney does make a new Indy film, then the Indy ride will probably get some real love.
    We don't actually know this for sure. There could be some creative clause in, what I assume is, a very complex contract involved with the sale.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• No Disassemble!

Regarding where the photo booth could go:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    I think there is some room around the area near the bat cave.

Good point and a good idea!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Just rode Indy 8 times today, CMs were allowed to ride and I took advantage of it. Nothing changed though in any major way. They added a headlight effect as you go through the room where the skeleton falls out at you. That's the only real change I noticed. No on-ride photo. No new effects. Everything has been refurbished and looks great though (except for the Indy figure at the end, he had dribble on his chin and his mouth wasn't moving). The bug headlight projection is WAY clearer and looks great and the snake seems to move a bit more then I remember. Overall the effects that have been there for the past 5 years are still there and have been brought back up to standard, and the effects that used to be there (falling rocks) will never be back. Hope that answers everybody's dying questions.

Oh and same voice-over, hasn't changed a bit.

I rode Indy three times today. I have never seen the ride looking better; this must be what it looked like in 1995. There are a few new things, mostly lighting and visual effects, but nothing major. Everything just looks really fresh and complete. The audio sounds great, and the vehicles have motion effects they never had before (subtle shifts and bumps and rumbles, again nothing major, but overall a really noticeable upgrade). Indy is back in a big way, and Disneyland has a modern E Ticket that can stand up to Radiator Springs Racers again.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMountainMan View Post
    Just rode Indy 8 times today, CMs were allowed to ride and I took advantage of it. Nothing changed though in any major way. They added a headlight effect as you go through the room where the skeleton falls out at you. That's the only real change I noticed. No on-ride photo. No new effects. Everything has been refurbished and looks great though (except for the Indy figure at the end, he had dribble on his chin and his mouth wasn't moving). The bug headlight projection is WAY clearer and looks great and the snake seems to move a bit more then I remember. Overall the effects that have been there for the past 5 years are still there and have been brought back up to standard, and the effects that used to be there (falling rocks) will never be back. Hope that answers everybody's dying questions.

Has the ride become any bumpier or smoother? (Compared to both the original and pre-refurbishment rides)

How does the (Supposedly) newly painted dart room look?

Can I still have my pet Algernon?

Did they install a loop yet?

Oh man, I just can't wait to go on Saturday

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Zephyr Pilot

I was able to ride twice today. Basically what the previous two said. Nothing is changed, but with pretty much all the effects actually working, that sort of is a "change." The dart room looked the same to me. It may be a subtle difference that I didn't notice. Lighting seemed better all around. And the lightning in the first AA room seemed more intense (or perhaps just working as it always should have).

what about the change to the bridge we were told about?

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMountainMan View Post

So, just stuff that should have been kept up/done all these years?..... yawn...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Mischievous Mouse

what about the queue - the interactive aspects of the queue?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• I'm a Lutheran

It's really a shame that not more was done supposedly. Hopefully we'll one day see some additions and not just tune-ups. I am grateful for the tune-ups though, lol, they were much needed.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• -

Has anyone noticed if the door at the beginning of the ride is working again?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Indiana Jones Soft Opens Today!!!

Hey guys, a friend of mine tweeted that Indy soft opens today!! Here is what he had to say:

WOW you guys. Indiana Jones Adventure looks GREAT after refurb. First off, the queue is freshly painted and looks as good as new.
    The lighting has been re-done throughout the ride and looks fantastic. You can actually see everything now! Especially the skeletons.
    The lightening effect in the room after Mara sends you to your doom have been completely redone. It really pops now.
    Anyone else there today?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast