Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

•   

Re: Changes to Indiana Jones

I'm going there tomorrow so unless someone else answers the question about the queue, I'll get pics and let you know what I find.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Sock Puppet

Re: Indiana Jones Soft Opens Today!!!

i don' get the big deal, they changed some things, updated certain things and refurbed stuff not sure why they are having a soft opening, not like it's a new ride..

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i don' get the big deal, they changed some things, updated certain things and refurbed stuff not sure why they are having a soft opening, not like it's a new ride..
    They could be having soft openings for a number of things: to make sure the bugs are worked out of any software updates, last minute checks to ensure the effects are working under actual operating conditions... etc.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Did they add the gift shop?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    For as complex a ride as Indy is, it makes sense to soft open and test under operating conditions. Get as many of the last minute kinks that show up under real world situations rather than test conditions fixed before going full operational again. If it were just lighting, then it probably wouldn't matter, but if there were changes to ride control/vehicle operation then they would want to do tests like this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Parking Lot > DCA

Here are some reports from folks that had a chance to ride it yesterday from the other Indy Update thread..

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMountainMan
    Just rode Indy 8 times today, CMs were allowed to ride and I took advantage of it. Nothing changed though in any major way. They added a headlight effect as you go through the room where the skeleton falls out at you. That's the only real change I noticed. No on-ride photo. No new effects. Everything has been refurbished and looks great though (except for the Indy figure at the end, he had dribble on his chin and his mouth wasn't moving). The bug headlight projection is WAY clearer and looks great and the snake seems to move a bit more then I remember. Overall the effects that have been there for the past 5 years are still there and have been brought back up to standard, and the effects that used to be there (falling rocks) will never be back. Hope that answers everybody's dying questions.

Oh and same voice-over, hasn't changed a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Westsider
    I rode Indy three times today. I have never seen the ride looking better; this must be what it looked like in 1995. There are a few new things, mostly lighting and visual effects, but nothing major. Everything just looks really fresh and complete. The audio sounds great, and the vehicles have motion effects they never had before (subtle shifts and bumps and rumbles, again nothing major, but overall a really noticeable upgrade). Indy is back in a big way, and Disneyland has a modern E Ticket that can stand up to Radiator Springs Racers again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish
    I was able to ride twice today. Basically what the previous two said. Nothing is changed, but with pretty much all the effects actually working, that sort of is a "change." The dart room looked the same to me. It may be a subtle difference that I didn't notice. Lighting seemed better all around. And the lightning in the first AA room seemed more intense (or perhaps just working as it always should have).
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMountainMan
    The skeleton room was repainted and lighting updated. And yes, all the broken effects, doors and all are working again. The bamboo and rope pull effects in the queue work again but the bamboo is still a wobbly piece of crap. All in all it was a solid refurbishment that just refreshed everything. That's all.
    There you have it!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Glad that the attraction looks new again but also in the same token disappointed that they didn't bother to enhance anything or restore the original vehicle motion. I mean where's the effort, they had over 3 months?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Here are some reports from folks that had a chance to ride it yesterday from the other Indy Update thread..
    I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that the threads will be merged soon. However, I can see the point in waiting as I'm sure other parallel threads will pop up on this as well and that way they can all be merged at once instead of having to merge them every time another arises.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Can anyone comment on the widening of the bridge that was apparently supposed to happen for safety reasons?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that the threads will be merged soon. However, I can see the point in waiting as I'm sure other parallel threads will pop up on this as well and that way they can all be merged at once instead of having to merge them every time another arises.
    I'm sure they will all be merged but in the meantime I wanted to share what was going on in the other thread in case anyone missed it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I'm sure they will all be merged but in the meantime I wanted to share what was going on in the other thread in case anyone missed it.
    Thank you for that. As someone who pops in for a few minutes here and there at random times in the day, it is nice to see everything in one place.

• Under that tree again!

Confirmed on mousewait, Indy opened about 12:30pm. No FP available, long waits.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Confirmed on mousewait, Indy opened about 12:30pm. No FP available, long waits.
    Sweet!
    For the love of Disney....

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    Did they add the gift shop?
    lol.... don't give them any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Glad that the attraction looks new again but also in the same token disappointed that they didn't bother to enhance anything or restore the original vehicle motion. I mean where's the effort, they had over 3 months?

Name:  facepalm.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  60.3 KB

Damned it they do, damned if they don't.

Glad to hear all the effects are working again!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast