Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: I wish the Disneyland Railroad had a second "line" that also went around DCA

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Walking from GSS to ToT can be brutal
    Since when is a walk of less than 1/3 of a mile is considered brutal? It would actually take longer to wait for a train and ride it all the way around than it would to just walk the short distance over there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Re: I wish the Disneyland Railroad had a second "line" that also went around DCA

even if they just added a single monorail stop within DCA (where the Golden Gate Bridge used to be) would be better than nothing. And as far as ticketing goes, eliminate the need for a park hopper between DLP and DCA.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    they were going to expanded the monorail significantly during the westcot days
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    even if they just added a single monorail stop within DCA (where the Golden Gate Bridge used to be) would be better than nothing. And as far as ticketing goes, eliminate the need for a park hopper between DLP and DCA.
    For Wescot the Monorail was going to go into Wescot around the Space Earth, and back out, with no stop in Wescot. It was going to get a small expansion over what we have now, with a second hotel stop, and a station near the Esplanade.

Eliminating park hoppers is unwise. That upcharge is huge revenue to stop collecting.

• Banned User

I thought the Red Cars are supposed to be DCA's version of a transportation system.

A train around the park wouldn't work. There is nothing to see. The park is not designed with anything to see from the ground level perimeter.

Autopia should be set up so that you drive a car to Carsland and vice versa.

• -

Maybe they can make a ride where you circle the park in a parking lot tram.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• We Go On.

I always thought that once Disney finally re-routes the monorail (yes, I know, dreaming) there should be an el-train that goes from the northern side of Hollywoodland, across the Buena Vista Street bridge, around Carthay circle, and along El Camino Real until crossing over to Pacific Wharf and continuing on to Paradise Pier at a station across from Ariel's Grotto.

...Don't overthink it, just smile.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Since when is a walk of less than 1/3 of a mile is considered brutal?.
    Since walking 100 yards across a Main Entry Plaza/Esplanade is also too much for people. If I may, park hopping at the DLR is already easier than at any other Disney resort. The Tomorrowland monorail station is the only place in any Disney resort where a monorail actually stops to let guests on/off. Ya think there's a reason for that? Checking every guest for what type of ticket they have could get real complicated. Lord knows what Universal is planning logistically to make that "Hogwarts Express" work in Orlando.
    Eliminating Park Hoppers as an option would NOT be a good idea, nor would that idea people keep floating around here to link the two parks together. Not something you want to do just at the point where DCA can finally stand on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Walking from GSS to ToT can be brutal
    About the same as walking from Splash Mountain to the Matterhorn.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I always thought that once Disney finally re-routes the monorail (yes, I know, dreaming) there should be an el-train that goes from the northern side of Hollywoodland, across the Buena Vista Street bridge, around Carthay circle, and along El Camino Real until crossing over to Pacific Wharf and continuing on to Paradise Pier at a station across from Ariel's Grotto
    Something like they have in TDS.

It's an ok idea, although they didn't build those eltrains in California. Although now that would make the Carland view back down Route 66 a bit strange.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    The Tomorrowland monorail station is the only place in any Disney resort where a monorail actually stops to let guests on/off. Ya think there's a reason for that?
    Because Disneyland was the only park where it was a Tomorrowland attraction before it was extended to be a transport to and from the hotel.
    Last edited by calsig31; 12-03-2012 at 09:10 PM.

•   
    • Banned User

I think the Monorail lends itself better to this idea.
    100% agreed. I was always baffled why they never did this. I can't hear the argument "It's too hard to come up with a system to check tickets" because this is Disney. They're masters at inventing methods. If you can get on/off in a public place like Downtown Disney, then surely they can come up with a way to let people get on/off in DCA. It would sure make park hopping a lot easier on the feet. You only THINK it's a simple walk until you find yourself actually fighting crowds from ToonTown to Toy Story Mania.

Because Disneyland was the only park where it was a Tomorrowland attraction before it was extended to be a transport to and from the hotel.
    Yes. The question(kind of a rhetorical one) wasn't so much why there's a station in DL's Tomorrowland, but why they haven't had monorail stations inside any of the other parks. It's pretty obvious. It sounds like the "Westcot" setup would have been pretty much like it is at Epcot, with the monorail depositing guests just outside of the entrance. Having a monrail/train go from a station inside one park to one inside of another is not going to work, although, like I said, USF is doing that "Hogwarts Express", but that's their business.

• Musical Fireman

If the main problem is the grade's between Disneyland and DCA what if they had a switchback and a very steady bridge that little by little would lower the trains until they reach ground level? However I'd prefer if they expanded the Redcars to the other parts of the park. Ya know like they say on the sign!!!

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Why don't they use some of the cars and buses for Disneyland in DCA when Disneyland becomes to crowded for them. It is logical to use them for an "express" shuttle to Paradise Pier from C Circle. I'm just saying use the buses and old cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast