Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I wish the Disneyland Railroad had a second "line" that also went around DCA

Pretty much summed up in the thread title.

Yeah, I know it's probably impossible logistically, but it would be neat if some trains maintained the existing route circling Disneyland, but others split off and had stops in DCA. Maybe splitting off after the Tomorrowland Station, going around DCA with stops there, then joining back in before the New Orleans station.

Again, I know it probably couldn't be done, but I'm just saying it would be neat.

Re: I wish the Disneyland Railroad had a second "line" that also went around DCA

The only logical way I could think of is doing an underground metro system since there is no room above ground. Now if it was separate from the railroad fine. If it was connected to the railroad, that would bring up a whole slew of problems, such as trying to distinguish park hoppers from Disneyland/DCA only tickets, and not to mention what I think to be a very complicated schedule for the trains.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Minion

Re: I wish the Disneyland Railroad had a second "line" that also went around DCA

I would be fine with DCA's very own railroad (not connected to Disneyland)
    Last edited by frollofan; 12-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.

• -

I think the Monorail lends itself better to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    If it was connected to the railroad, that would bring up a whole slew of problems, such as trying to distinguish park hoppers from Disneyland/DCA only tickets, and not to mention what I think to be a very complicated schedule for the trains.
    It really wouldn't be that complicated. There would just need to be two gates at each station: one for park hoppers and one for single park tickets. Prior to boarding, you scan your ticket into the appropriate gate and are then let into a line that either has cars that open at every station or only open at the ones in the park that you have access to with your ticket.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• a damsel not in distress

bongo pointed out something that i really didn't even think of, which was the problem of distinguishing hopper versus one-park ticket holders on the train.

i think it's a cool idea, but i don't think an old fashioned train really fits in with dca; i think the monorail would be a better fit aesthetically.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Under that tree again!

I wish they had as well. Berm and train.
    I would like to see something from later steam to be offset by DL's earlier steam trains.
    Name:  print_image5.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  99.5 KB

However since DCA is much changed from it's original build, I think a better idea is to add a down and back line toward Paradise Pizz and Pasta for the trollies.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I would be fine with DCA's very own railroad (not connected to Disneyland)
    What they should have done was made the California Zephyr in the Sunshine Plaza an actual working railroad.
    Last edited by calsig31; 12-03-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What they should have done was made the California Zephry in the Sunshine Plaza an actual working railroad.
    Yep, that is what I was thinking.

• Banned User

I'm surprised Steve DeGaetano hasn't commented in this thread yet.

I don't see why the DLRR couldn't be extended around DCA, or an alternate track and train design added to go around just DCA (maybe a DCARR). Obviously, trains have been very much a part of California's history and heritage.

I'm also game for the Monorail being extended to go around DCA, but then again I've also been wanting the Disneyland Monorail to be extended out into Anaheim and over to Anaheim Stadium (I know it's called Angel Stadium now officially; sue me, I'm old school and I like the old name), and down to John Wayne Airport, with connections to wider countywide & statewide monorail systems operated by OCTA, LA Metro, and/or other agencies or companies.

If it were possible it would be awesome to have the trains circle both parks, realistically the Monorails would probably be more feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What they should have done was made the California Zephry in the Sunshine Plaza an actual working railroad.
    That would of been awesome!
    For the love of Disney....

• Closed Account

I think, simply from a grade perspective, it would be nearly impossible. At the main entrance, the berm is what? Fifteen feet high maybe? Getting down to DCA's "ground level" and then back up might require grading that would simply be too steep for those tiny locomotives to pull their trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I think, simply from a grade perspective, it would be nearly impossible. At the main entrance, the berm is what? Fifteen feet high maybe? Getting down to DCA's "ground level" and then back up might require grading that would simply be too steep for those tiny locomotives to pull their trains.
    Yeah, in my original post I said it was pretty much impossible. The reason I posted is that I just thought it would be neat to be able to get on the Disneyland RR in DL and get off in DCA.

• Team Hail HYDRA

they were going to expanded the monorail significantly during the westcot days

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

I don't know if a train is the answer but something that circles the park would have been a great touch given the stupid dimensions of the park. Walking from GSS to ToT can be brutal My choice would have been a train modelled loke a zephyr type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast