• Gritty

9 8.74%
  • Clean

70 67.96%
  • Both

24 23.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• ooooooOO!

Re: Tomorrowland Update: Would you prefer "gritty" or "clean"?

That's a great idea sbk1234! A good mix of grit and clean that is practical for Tomorrowland. Disney definitely has a lot of potential still for the subs and lagoon.

Personally I wish they would give it a classic look and bring back the old rides like People Movers and such. A girl can dream right?!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    a new space mountain facade
    blasphemy

• Not on the Jedi Council

Seems to me it wouldn't be too hard to just re-do the theming of the place as the upper levels of Coruscant now that Disney owns Star Wars outright. Re-do astro blasters with speeders and maybe remake the Carousel of Progress telling the SW saga from Old Republic times to the stories of the new movies.

There is room for both to break up the menotiny in the large space that makes up the land.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Seems to me it wouldn't be too hard to just re-do the theming of the place as the upper levels of Coruscant now that Disney owns Star Wars outright. Re-do astro blasters with speeders and maybe remake the Carousel of Progress telling the SW saga from Old Republic times to the stories of the new movies.
    No thank you. If they want to add on a Star Wars land somewhere, that would be fine. I don't want the existing Tomorrowland to become that, though.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Journey through inner space and mission to mars, circle vision, etc. had their time... Now it's time to move forward and I think one of the only ways to assure success for the park is to appeal to the youth, build based on owned property that has proven success and carries a large fan base.

Outright, building MarvelLand or Star Wars Land as their own park(s) may be a dream to some, but it may need to be something eased into Disneyland.

• formerly very helpful

While I agree that some of the newly aquired properties like Marvel and Star Wars need to be eased in, I repectively disagree about "one of the only ways toassure success for the park is to appeal to the youth, build based on owned property that has a proven success and carries a large fan base."

In my opinion - and I am probably oversimplifying this - the sure way to assure success is simply to build great attractions. They should be original (meaning something you can't get another version of at any other theme park), fully immersive, and long enough to make a long wait worth it, and just really well done.

What specifically does that mean? I don't know.
    Looking at Disney's past successes, they've included attractions based on both pre-existing characters, and all-new characters and stories. They've included fast and slow rides. They've included attractions based on Disney characters, non-Disney characters, and no characters. They've included animatronic and non-animatronic attractions.
    Contrary to a thread I started elsewhere, I don't think there's any formula. It just has to be GOOD.
    Cars Land is a massive success. However, I don't think it's because it's based on Disney/Pixar's movie. Had they cheaped out and simply had pained plywood cutouts of the Cars' characters and a couple of spinner rides, It would have been the success it is.

Just my $0.02.

Definitely clean - I think it suits Disney more, plus there are more than enough dystopian visions of the future. I prefer the optimistic view a la Star Trek.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234