Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OZ attraction

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: OZ attraction

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    What do you think?could we see, DLR or DCA, an Oz themed... Something? Land, ride, parade? Would that be something of interest?
    I've been talking about this Disneyland expansion for quite some time and think it would be a great fit for the Festival Arena area (including backstage areas).

It would be a great fit for Disneyland and if the movie is a success, I'd like to see this happen as soon as they wrap up the Tomorrowland expansion.

The concepts and potential are fantastic!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

ORDDU: As my sisters and I have often pointed out in the past, it isn't necessary for a movie to be a big success in order for an attraction at a theme park to be a success. Just look at the animated version of Alice in Wonderland, for example. It wasn't exactly a block buster hit and yet the attractions and characters at the Disney theme parks have been quite successful.

ORWEN: And Uncle Walt always wanted to do a movie on Oz when he was alive. He even had his Imagineers dream up an attraction about Oz for Disneyland.

ORDDU: So a marriage between Disney and Oz is a natural. I can't understand why anyone would think any differently than that--unless they just don't like fantasy worlds to begin with.

ORWEN: And if that's the case I don't know why they'd be interested in Disney to begin with.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Original concepts don't really fly in Disney parks anymore, but hit film synergy tie-ins? Most definitely.
    That is as sad as it is true.

Disney - I miss the days where imagination had no limits. Sad day when that was replaced with only tie-ins having no limits.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I'm envisioning flying monkeys taking us for a ride.
    Or maybe even a flight through a tornado.

Oz is a"dark" sort of story. When the original Wizard of Oz came out, many adults as well as children were afraid of the Wicked Witch.

As much as my Oz loving self would love to see a whole area dedicated to it, I think 1 dark ride could be enough & just enough fun for all.

It'd be so cool to see Glinda or any other of the characters walking around the park. Just sayin'
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Minion

ORWEN: I agree with you, Flutterfly74, duckling. I'm all for more witches to hang out with at the Disney theme parks, too! Glinda is already a good friend of mine while the wicked witch of the West--not so much. (She can be so nasty!)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I agree with you, Flutterfly74, duckling. I'm all for more witches to hang out with at the Disney theme parks, too! Glinda is already a good friend of mine while the wicked witch of the West--not so much. (She can be so nasty!)
    Then you wouldn't be opposed to hanging out with the Scarlet Witch either?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234