Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Candlelight Ceremony - What to Expect

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    Not much on parades with the exception that there are no nighttime parades and that the parade route skips the main street cul-de-sac and makes a hard right out of the gates when starting from Main street (and a hard left when returning).

As far as people that have tickets (invites) for Candlelight, most are current AP's and some with newly expired AP's that will receive a 1 day 1 park ticket. Pick up for Candlelight wristbands and tickets start at noon each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by webg33k View Post
    What can you tell those of us who aren't seeing a Candlight performance and just want to enjoy the rest of the park? For instance, what affect does this have on viewing the parades? Do those with Candlelight tickets automatically have day-long access to the parks? (Hoping not, for crowding sake.)

Thanks.
    We will be there this Sun through Wed and will not be trying to see CP. But it sounds like getting into and out of DL around those times is a mess. I know they are closing the train, just want to confirm that the monorail will still run. We are staying at the DL and it seems this will be the best way into and out of the park at night (unless we are already in the park before the performances). Hoping that the crowds to see CP will mean slightly shorter ride lines.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

•   

When was the lottery draw? I never get e-mails from Disney any more except for movie stuff.
    It was an opportunity for annual passholders and happened in November. The info was on the "news for Passholders" page on the Annual Passholder link of the Disneyland website.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
    We will be there this Sun through Wed and will not be trying to see CP. But it sounds like getting into and out of DL around those times is a mess. I know they are closing the train, just want to confirm that the monorail will still run. We are staying at the DL and it seems this will be the best way into and out of the park at night (unless we are already in the park before the performances). Hoping that the crowds to see CP will mean slightly shorter ride lines.
    The Monorail will still be running as it doesn't interfere at all with the show like the train does.

As we creep closer towards the busiest weeks of the holidays it will be more likely that they'll open the gates to the backstage path that runs parallel to Main Street for overcrowding relief although, in my opinion, they should really have been doing this on day one. On the first day of candlelight there was a huge influx of guests coming in from DCA and traffic got really congested. Furthermore it takes away from the show, as a viewer, when you have to endure the noise levels of backed up guests and the shouts of CMs commanding them to keep it moving.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Another thing to expect: It to be cancelled at the slightest existence of precipitation. Tonight's 7:30 performance was cut short just minutes into it simply due to a light mist falling. I had a short-sleeve shirt on and didn't even feel any rain coming down when they announced the cancellation. When they turned on the spotlights, you could see the rain but it sure didn't seem like anything serious enough to cancel it.
    Some of those instruments are over 100 years old (cellos or violins) and if they get much moisture on them, they're toast. A good gauge if the show is about to get cancelled is to keep an eye on the instrumentalists in the orchestra. If they start packing up, the show is over. No rain through the middle of next week is forecast, but you never know as we get in to the end of next week and beyond. This show isn't like Fantasmic, WOC, or the fireworks as you have a live orchestra to consider. And they do NOT play in the rain....or even mist.

Hello! Thanks for all the great info. I've never been but was fortunate to get tickets through the AP lottery. As such, does anyone know if there is an advantage to checking in at 12noon vs. 4pm? I'd like to check in early but my friend may not be able to get there until later. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• Not on the Jedi Council

I missed the lottery, but I was able to see tonight's show anyway. Got to stand just behind the seats and got a really good view of everything. What a beautiful and amazing show, and it was cool to hear Kurt Russell read scripture.

DyNAH438 - I have the same question - I have never been and am sooooooooooooo excited - we have tickets for one of the Dick Van Dyke shows. But we cannot really get there to check in until about 6 - can anyone tell me if that's going to be a problem?? is the noon check in just because some people would plan to spend the day there?? Thanks for any info!! Cannot wait!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tgrbabe View Post
    DyNAH438 - I have the same question - I have never been and am sooooooooooooo excited - we have tickets for one of the Dick Van Dyke shows. But we cannot really get there to check in until about 6 - can anyone tell me if that's going to be a problem?? is the noon check in just because some people would plan to spend the day there?? Thanks for any info!! Cannot wait!!
    You should be fine.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I missed the lottery, but I was able to see tonight's show anyway. Got to stand just behind the seats and got a really good view of everything. What a beautiful and amazing show, and it was cool to hear Kurt Russell read scripture.
    What time did you arrive and how long and where did you wait for your spot?

• Not on the Jedi Council

I watched the 4:00 Christmas parade from the hub, then walked up to Town Square when that ended. Stood for about an hour, but got a really good view of the show.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We checked in at 2:30ish on Monday and there was nobody in the check in line except the CM's. There are only two wristband colors, one for the early performance and one for late, no matter when you check in.

The crowd control on our night was really on top of it, perhaps because it was the last performance and the park was closing in 30 minutes. I imagine it will be worse as the days get closer to Christmas and the park is open later.

QuiGonj-you are so right! When we saw Kurt on Monday, his reading was very moving. We have never seen it before and it seems fitting that one of our last trips under our passes was to see this.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

For those of you APs that have attended this year, what time did you get in line to be seated? How did they determine what section you sat in? Does the time you picked up your wristband have any determination on where you were seated?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am going on the 13th AT 730PM, and just want to be prepared so that I am not sitting in the last row or behind a light pole or tree THANKS!!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

As I said in the post before yours, no matter when you check in you get the same color wristband as it depends on the performance time not the check in time. Then it is line up, first come, best seats. We got in the line to get into the official line around 6pm and we sat in front (you can line up for either the right or left side of the stage and line up is in the front near the ticket booths). We were there on Monday the 3rd. It might be busier as it is later in the schedule and a popular narrator. They will not let you in the official line for the 7:30 performance until 6:15. (At least on our day) HTH!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Avid MC reader since 2005

My questions:

Where exactly are the viewing areas for those who camp out to watch?
    Are they only on the sides? Or is there space behind the chairs to stand during the show?
    Where is the best viewing spot?
    How long do you suggest camping out for that spot on a popular narrator night?

Also, how likely do you locals think it is that there will be rain this coming week? On weather.com it looks like 30% chance on Thurs. which is the day we wanted to try for. I'm having a hard time deciding whether it is worth the gas/hotel expenses to drive 400 miles (800 round trip) and find out that Thurs. is canceled. I really really really wanted to see Dick Van Dyke, though.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    My questions:

Where exactly are the viewing areas for those who camp out to watch?
    Are they only on the sides? Or is there space behind the chairs to stand during the show?
    Where is the best viewing spot?
    How long do you suggest camping out for that spot on a popular narrator night?

Also, how likely do you locals think it is that there will be rain this coming week? On weather.com it looks like 30% chance on Thurs. which is the day we wanted to try for. I'm having a hard time deciding whether it is worth the gas/hotel expenses to drive 400 miles (800 round trip) and find out that Thurs. is canceled. I really really really wanted to see Dick Van Dyke, though.
    Essentially, all of town square is a viewing area with the exception of the pedestrian pathways that run against the buildings (City Hall, Opera House, Emporium, etc) and the plaza. On the west side of the square there is one large pen that starts directly behind the seating area and on the east side there is the same thing except the rear half is roped off for guests in wheelchairs. Both of these sections do not get set up until 15 minutes prior to the show. You can try to camp close to the chairs but security may flush you out before they start setting up the area. CMs and security will not help keep the peace if you decide to camp out elsewhere to get first dibs at these two areas and guests will often jump in front of you right before security clears the areas for guests to enter. That's why I recommend the curbs across from the Opera House and City Hall as you are a lot less likely to get surprised at the last minute by security. There are several outer pens but I don't like these because you get the foot traffic people passing by right in front of you and they are often too loud for you to hear the performance.

I really can't speak for the weather other than the golden rule that if rain is expected at some point of the day then there's a chance that the performance will be cancelled if the slightest bit of drizzle hits the stage.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast