Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ooooooOO!

Re: OMDW (One More Disney Week) - Could It Work for 2013 ???

I know the perfect solution... we go back to ABCDE ticket books haha

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    I know the perfect solution... we go back to ABCDE ticket books haha
    An A La Carte system could work for OMDW promotion.

Anyway, I do think it is very possible. And could be a success.

They may lose a bit of money on admissions, but the PR for the entire years worth of different week-long events would make up for this.

As for the staff, third shifts could be made for sure. We are turning into a 24/7 society more and more each year across the world. Vegas is a very good example of non-factory 3rd shifts. It is so common and no one bats an eye when you mention that you went for sushi at 2am or saw the latest film at 3 or have to get to the office by 11pm. Office workers are even starting to work during 3rd shifts. Is it fair to the CM since they aren't used to that lifestyle? Something tells me this wouldn't be a reason not to have OMDW.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• ooooooOO!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    An A La Carte system could work for OMDW promotion.

Anyway, I do think it is very possible. And could be a success.

They may lose a bit of money on admissions, but the PR for the entire years worth of different week-long events would make up for this.

As for the staff, third shifts could be made for sure. We are turning into a 24/7 society more and more each year across the world. Vegas is a very good example of non-factory 3rd shifts. It is so common and no one bats an eye when you mention that you went for sushi at 2am or saw the latest film at 3 or have to get to the office by 11pm. Office workers are even starting to work during 3rd shifts. Is it fair to the CM since they aren't used to that lifestyle? Something tells me this wouldn't be a reason not to have OMDW.
    Very true, a 3rd shift can very easily be implemented. With today's desire for work, and the many applicants for the DCP, Disney could definitely handle a OMDW. Although if the park was to become 24/7, it would become more like a shopping district than a theme park for the duration of the event. That would be a separate issue.

I definitely agree with you that CM lifestyles probably will not be factored into having OMDW. Disney should know best to rotate a 3rd shift to keep CM production value high. Else the guests would be going to Disneyland seeing disgruntled Mickey Mouse and Princesses, haha.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post

3rd shift at DLR does major cleaning. Things like power washing roadways that can't be easily done with hundreds of guests on it. That is why simply leaveing the park open continuously would mean the condition/cleanliness deteriorates as the week goes on.

As far as PR, take a survey of people who knew about OMDD before it happened, not after the traffic problems(negative PR) made the news. I incidently did this on a conference call, where the repeat client who I know also on a personal level asked me if I was going. My assistant asked after tha call what OMDD meant, when I said One More Disney Day, one of the other 5 people in the rooms thought, maybe they had heard of it. So that made 2/7, the two biggest DLR fans with knowlege of it that week before the 29th.

A problem would be people delaying or replacing trips for a OMDW. They may see value in 24 hr park days versus 12hr park days. Going on trips where you don't get much sleep will leave a bad taste in the mouth of many.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    3rd shift at DLR does major cleaning. Things like power washing roadways that can't be easily done with hundreds of guests on it. That is why simply leaveing the park open continuously would mean the condition/cleanliness deteriorates as the week goes on.

As far as PR, take a survey of people who knew about OMDD before it happened, not after the traffic problems(negative PR) made the news. I incidently did this on a conference call, where the repeat client who I know also on a personal level asked me if I was going. My assistant asked after tha call what OMDD meant, when I said One More Disney Day, one of the other 5 people in the rooms thought, maybe they had heard of it. So that made 2/7, the two biggest DLR fans with knowlege of it that week before the 29th.

A problem would be people delaying or replacing trips for a OMDW. They may see value in 24 hr park days versus 12hr park days. Going on trips where you don't get much sleep will leave a bad taste in the mouth of many.
    They could sweep (security type) a land, then power wash it, porter it, etc. then reopen it.

As for the neg press/PR, I dont think that would hurt Disney Parks too much and in the end, it would help them. It creates an air of must-have-products. Our society views Black Friday as a challenge now, whereas, say, 30 years ago, hard core shoppers would have been freaked out.

With such a heavy AP population, I think this would have no trouble working. Tourists would get the benefit if they happened to be there. I was under the impression that each week-long promo was to be announced at the last minute, so no one would delay their trips. Even if they did, I think the number of delayed guests would be small, esp if it were to be announced at the start of 2013.

The more i read the posts in this thread, the more i think Disney could pull this off.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• The doctor is in

I feel like giving people the opportunity to be in the park 24hr a day but closing off certain areas for an hour or two to clean it would leave a bad taste. People would want to experience the whole park for the whole time.

I personally wouldn't mind but maybe a smart thing would be to post the land closures ahead of time so people know that, for example, the area in front of It's a Small World would be closed from 1am to 2am for maintenance.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12