A nice surprise from a CM

My girlfriend and I were at Disneyland on Friday November 30th. By 7pm the crowd had thinned out considerably from the rain. We were standing in front of the castle when a couple asked if I could take their picture on their cell phone. I said sure. Just as I was about to take the picture, a CM came up and said he would take it and then take ours as well. He told the couple to move to the right so their picture did not interfere with the official Disneyland picture taker, and then, to my surprise, he pulled out a portable light and took their picture. He then used my cell phone, and the portable light, to take our picture. It was nice to get a well lit picture, in front of the castle, without having to pay Disneyland for it.

Re: A nice surprise from a CM

Love hearing good stories about CMs! So many of them do good things, it's nice to see them get credit for it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• formerly very helpful

Thanks for sharing something positive! I do think that the good cast members far outweigh the not-so-good ones. I hope this cast member knows how special he made your day.

• a damsel not in distress

i love hearing about CMs who love their jobs; i'm glad you met one who made your trip a bit more special.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• world class bilge rat

From what I've seen, the CMs at DL are some of the best people ever. Either they truly enjoy their jobs or they're really good actors......

I've yet to have even the slightest negative experience with any of them.

• ooooooOO!

These stories are very inspirational, thanks for sharing! Love hearing about CMs who go above and beyond their already rigorous requirements. I can't wait until my DCP, I really hope I get Disneyland and go above expectations as well

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

A couple weeks ago my friend and I went on Big Thunder mountain, while we were waiting at the fastpass ticket collection cutoff (near the drinking fountains )we struck up a brief conversation with the CM at the end of the conversation he said here let me make your day magical and he handed us two fastpasses to use later in the day . It was really unwarranted but really nice. We thanked him profusely.

• The doctor is in

Very cool.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• -

Such a nice story. I hope you filled out a comment card so the worker can get recognized for their nice gesture.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Still Dizzy

My son hurt himself leaving Elias & Co, he ran into the door. A CM who wasn't even working that day (he was just visiting the parks), came over and helped me take him over to first aid. It was super sweet of him!

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Such a nice story. I hope you filled out a comment card so the worker can get recognized for their nice gesture.
    If you forgot to do that you can still do it just go to the website's helpcenter Help Overview | Help Center | Disneyland Resort and send in an email. Let them know the CM's name along with the time and details yadda yadda and they'll pass it on to their supervisor.

You know we did that for a CM helping my mom find a seat for the WOC and we were told when we filled out the card that the CM may or may not recieve the recognition. It's up to their manager..so sad..but we had them write to please be sure to give the CM his recognition hoping he would hear back since he had told us many people claimed they were going to comment and he never heard back. Now whether they actually reported it or not we don't know but was interesting that the staff at City Hall remarked to us sadly that the manager has the decision on whether to acknowledge the CM or not and what to acknowledge them with if they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    From what I've seen, the CMs at DL are some of the best people ever. Either they truly enjoy their jobs or they're really good actors......

I've yet to have even the slightest negative experience with any of them.
    I can second this. I'm a local here, and visit every week, and I can say without hesitation that the Disneyland CM's are some of the finest people I've ever encountered. And that's not hyperbole. I'm astonished sometimes. I don't know how they keep it up.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.