Old DL Administration Building's Current Use?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what's housed in the old administration building that's to the right of the main entrance to Disneyland and just south of Space Mountain? Looking at it on Google maps just identifies it as "Walt Disney Parks & Resorts". I read an article about the newer buildings north of the park where they moved the administrative functions, and wondered if they were going to covert this old admin building into a new attraction or if it still contained some admin staff? Maybe this is where park security hangs out watching the security cameras?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: Old DL Administration Building's Current Use?

I believe you're right about the building next to Space Mountain being used for security. That's where they take you if you get in trouble. I don't know if the security camera monitoring goes on in there or not. I think after the September 11th terrorist attacks they also opened an Anaheim Police office in there.

The other building, closer to Innoventions, used to contain costuming, lockers, and the cast barber shop. I believe all of that has been moved to the new costuming building. I'm not sure if there is still a cast barber shop. I think the building has been converted to office space.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I believe you're right about the building next to Space Mountain being used for security. That's where they take you if you get in trouble. I don't know if the security camera monitoring goes on in there or not. I think after the September 11th terrorist attacks they also opened an Anaheim Police office in there.

The other building, closer to Innoventions, used to contain costuming, lockers, and the cast barber shop. I believe all of that has been moved to the new costuming building. I'm not sure if there is still a cast barber shop. I think the building has been converted to office space.
    The majority of the Old Admin building is taken up by Cast Scheduling. It is also home to Security, Disneyland Custodial, Cast Health (for now), Disneyland Attractions, And Broadcast Services.

Cast Cutters closed when the barber retired a number of years ago. Most of that building is being converted to be the new Cast Health center.

I can't see the Old Admin building getting converted for anything in the immediate future. Too many Cast Members work in there.

Global

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    The majority of the Old Admin building is taken up by Cast Scheduling. It is also home to Security, Disneyland Custodial, Cast Health (for now), Disneyland Attractions, And Broadcast Services.

Cast Cutters closed when the barber retired a number of years ago. Most of that building is being converted to be the new Cast Health center.

I can't see the Old Admin building getting converted for anything in the immediate future. Too many Cast Members work in there.

Global
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Cast Scheduling. Do you remember where scheduling used to be? When I first started working foods had their own scheduling office next to the character costuming/locker building, but I can't remember if the other departments were already in the current building or not. What got moved to make room for foods scheduling?

Thanks for the information.

Clippers6, which building did you mean that was by Innovations that used to contain Cast Cutters? Was it "B" in the image below? "A", if I'm not mistaken, is the old Admin building. And the cast member entrance is that area between "A" and "B", correct?

On a related note, where to the costumed cast members have their dressing rooms? Is that also in one of these two buildings?

Name:  tomorrowland.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  131.8 KB

Yes, A is the old administration building. The barber was located right there on the corner of building B. I'm not sure what the proper name of building B was, most people just referred to it as the locker room since the old cast lockers were on the second level. The character costumes were on the lower level; I think there were dressing rooms for the characters, but I'm not 100% sure. There were a couple other things located there. I remember having to pick up my new front gate pass there when I got promoted from seasonal to part-time. The cast member entrance is between A and B (you can see it from the monorail). The cast entrance is actually a ramp since you are walking under the Disneyland Railroad tracks. It is that little dark section in between the Grand Canyon and the Primeval World. You used to clock in for work at that building where the coffee stand is now. They had relocated it to where the cast shuttle drops off when I left, but I don't know where it is now. I think the old Team Center was on the second level of the Bank/Opera House.

That small building to the north-east of B is where foods scheduling used to be. I can't remember where scheduling for the other departments was. I want to say it was one of those smaller buildings to the east of Main St. They moved all the schedulers to the upper level of the Old Administration Building when DCA opened so that it would be easily accessible to cast members from both parks. I believe the old foods scheduling office is now used for storage.

Excuse me if I got anything wrong, I'm going off old memories here

• Disneyland CM

Currently the Old Admin Building or OAB contains lots of Cast Member offices. Production Services, Custodial, Security, some Park Operations. Cast Scheduling/Workforce Planning however take up the majority of the space. I work out of the Old Admin building most of the time.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

• some assembly required

Is it true that you can see either PW or the GC Diorama from the OAB. I heard that one space in that office has a peep-hole or a small window that looks out on to one of those attractions. You can see the train zooming by and see the guests' reactions to the attraction.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

When I started working at Disneyland in '86 some of the space downstairs was used as the Payroll office. After a couple of years that office moved and the space was converted to a locker room where I was fortunate enough to have a locker. That was the best place to have a locker because of the close proximity to costuming, just upstairs, and Harbor House where we had to punch our time cards before and after every shift.

• Semi-Lurker

Buiding 'B' also use to be where Cash Handling was, I have no idea where i is now...