Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: 60 + year old tree falls into river

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I think this was intended to be a joke, however in the litigious society we live in now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an actual thing.
    It was indeed intended as a joke about today's litigation-happy population and lawyers. But it's not at all far-fetched to think there was a lawyer somewhere in the park running as fast as s/he could to get to the dock as the Mark Twain reverse-parked after the horrible tragedy of the tree falling.

I also want to make clear that I'm not making light of a case where a tree falls and actually injures someone.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    For example, if you were traumatized by it because when the tree came down, it split your child's head in half, that would qualify.
    It would serve as a genuine basis for a case so if Disney were to file a demurrer they would probably not prevail.

There are still a couple of elements that need to be present to win at trial.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    But it's not at all far-fetched to think there was a lawyer somewhere in the park running as fast as s/he could to get to the dock as the Mark Twain reverse-parked after the horrible tragedy of the tree falling.
    Actually, it is far fetched. There are rules against this and an attorney can be disciplined if caught.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I also want to make clear that I'm not making light of a case where a tree falls and actually injures someone.
    Kinda like this case?

Decay suspected in tree that crushed woman| - News - The Orange County Register

3. Isn't the emotional trauma of seeing a tree fall enough these days?
    Only if it falls and then turns into an aligator like in Snow White. That scene freaked me out as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, it is far fetched. There are rules against this and an attorney can be disciplined if caught.
    Oops, I forgot the sarcasm tag.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Scary ... this really should call to question the strength of the trees, and how many more years they can stay still they all start to fall into the river.
    You say that as if the trees were built for the park. its normal for this to happen, i would say they should inspect the trees more

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Bingo.

Trees fall, life moves on.
    To paraphrase John Cougar Mellencamp - "Ooh yeah, life goes on...long after the thrill, of leafing is gone..."
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    You say that as if the trees were built for the park. its normal for this to happen, i would say they should inspect the trees more
    As great a job as they do in landscaping and planting, wouldnt it be logical to think they have arborists (?) inspecting them on a regular basis?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345