Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annual Pass Question!

Hey guys,

New to the forum and already got a question! Yesterday, I purchased and became an annual pass holder for Disneyland!
    But literally the next day, I find out that my parents bought me a Premium Annual Pass online! They were going to give me it for Christmas.. The annual pass is an e-ticket. I was wondering if I could take this e-ticket and use it to upgrade my current AP. My current AP is a So-Cal Select. Would this be possible? Or do I just have to wait to use it before it's deadline. (Dec 31, 2013)

Thanks for the help,
    -W4BBITS

Re: Annual Pass Question!

They should be able to use the value of the premium annual pass towards the upgrade of your current AP, I just don't know what they would do with amount that is left over after the upgrade. If you call the resort they could tell you exactly what to expect!

• Mistress of Evil

Talk to a CM at on the AP hotline - 714 781-PASS.
    I am not sure what they would do with the difference you should be credited if you upgrade. At the very least, you can use your So Cal pass this year, and activate the Premium after your So Cal expires.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    I am not sure what they would do with the difference you should be credited if you upgrade. At the very least, you can use your So Cal pass this year, and activate the Premium after your So Cal expires.
    That pretty right on.

You can't combine ticket media. If you talk to AP services, or a lead at the ticket booth they may make a rare exception. Otherwise you have you next AP already.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    but on the eticket there is a expiration date that you have to redeem it by.So in order to activate it the op would have to actually turn the paper e ticket into a pass and then it would become active THAT day. I had a eticket for my pass and there was a expiration date on the paper.

you will have to call the disneyland annual pass people and just ask them if you can use it to upgrade to premium, i don't see why not.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Congratulations on becoming an Annual Passholder!! I've been a Passholder for 13 years, and I've enjoyed every moment at the resort. Having an Annual Pass will change the way you experience the park...in an extremely fantastic way!

• Mistress of Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    but on the eticket there is a expiration date that you have to redeem it by.So in order to activate it the op would have to actually turn the paper e ticket into a pass and then it would become active THAT day. I had a eticket for my pass and there was a expiration date on the paper you will have to call the disneyland annual pass people and just ask them if you can use it to upgrade to premium, i don't see why not.
    OP said the new premium pass must be activated by the end of 2013. Since the So Cal Select pass was activated recently, once the pass expires, the Premium pass can be activated before December 2013...a year from now.
    Curious to see how they would upgrade this...Will they give the OP the difference in price as a credit on a gift card or does the OP lose the $ if they decide to upgrade?

• Sock Puppet

they can't actually turn the eticket in untill they are ready to get the premium pass as when they process it it automatically activates it. note sure if they get a gift card, never heard that happening.they might just put the credit back on the credit card or what ever was used to pay it with.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 12-04-2012 at 11:17 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by W4BBITS View Post
    Hey guys,

New to the forum and already got a question! Yesterday, I purchased and became an annual pass holder for Disneyland!
    But literally the next day, I find out that my parents bought me a Premium Annual Pass online! They were going to give me it for Christmas.. The annual pass is an e-ticket. I was wondering if I could take this e-ticket and use it to upgrade my current AP. My current AP is a So-Cal Select. Would this be possible? Or do I just have to wait to use it before it's deadline. (Dec 31, 2013)

Thanks for the help,
    -W4BBITS
    however. if you want to upgrade now, it be worth it now.. becuase next year the prices will go up probably. it seems to go up in april or so. so you'd have to pay a difference next december.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    however. if you want to upgrade now, it be worth it now.. becuase next year the prices will go up probably. it seems to go up in april or so. so you'd have to pay a difference next december.
    I'm pretty sure that he would not have to pay the price difference unless the AP was activated after the date it expires on DEC 31St, 2013. The OP could wait until the current AP expired next year and then activate this PAP and so would be an AP holder through DEC 2014

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he would not have to pay the price difference unless the AP was activated after the date it expires on DEC 31St, 2013. The OP could wait until the current AP expired next year and then activate this PAP and so would be an AP holder through DEC 2014
    right which would be smarter to do then upgrade next year while the socal pass is still current and after the pass prices raise.but if they buy a premium pass at $649 now which they did.. and the premium go up $20 or what ever it will, then the op activates the premium AFTER the socal expires.. wouldn't they still pay a difference then? the PAP has to be activated Before DEC 31 2013 anyway...??

when i renewed my pass this year it was after the pass increase to $649, they would not let me renew it at $479,which i would have if they didn't increase.. instead i had to pay the difference for the pass to add up to $649. becuase that was the pass price for this year.

the op can upgrade now, if they did it now they'd be upgrading and would cost them nothing.. next year after the socal he or she currently has expires he wont be upgrading with the eticket but activating it as it has to be done before december 31 2013.either way i see it as they will have to pay a difference if the activation is done after the pass prices raise. that is saying if he or waits till the socal expires to use the full year..right?

don't worry OP.. your question will get figured out somehow! where oh where is DJS when you need them!??
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 12-04-2012 at 12:32 PM.

• Mistress of Evil

If the OP has a AP voucher that states it needs to be activated by December 31, 2013, they would not have to pay any difference in price unless they activated it after 12/31/2013.

Poisoned ~ I am going to have to check out your signature creations when I am not at work ( I can't see them). I want to check them out.

• Sock Puppet

but they bough the voucher for that pass at this years pass price.. before the pass price raises next year.

• Mistress of Evil

That won't matter.

I purchased my AP in May prior to any announcement prices were going up. The voucher stated I needed to activate it by 12/31/2012. I activated it in October (which was well after the prices increased), and did not have to pay anything additional. Had I activated it after 12/31/2012, I would have had to pay the difference. The reason why you had to pay the difference is because the purchase/renewal was made after the new prices were in effect. Had you purchased a gift voucher before the price increased in May, you could have activated the gift voucher this year after your AP expired and had an AP at last years price for next year.

• Sock Puppet

okay so now in theory if the op wants to upgrade before the socal expires and activate the premium eticket voucher they will pay the difference of the AP at the price they paid for to the current price of the AP that they want to get. does that make sense?? it did in my head..then again i only make sense to myself anyway sometimes, so no worries if you didn't get that or it confused you anyhow so therefore--op better to wait to get your PAP after your socal expires.

oo i get it cause the vouchers are like set in stone, you buy the "pass" at the price current. and even thought they go up u still get the pass at the price u bought it for. its not like renewing when we already have a pass and have to pay whatever the current pass price is.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 12-04-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast