• former CM

Smile Don't miss the carolers at the Grand Californian!

The quartet of acappella (sp?) Christmas carolers who visit the Disneyland Resort Hotels is wonderful!

I saw them when they performed in the Chrismassy Grand Californian Lobby where they sang at four times this day, twice in the lobby on the west side of the great, centralized Christmas tree,
    and twice in an outdoor courtyard.

A Grand CAian concierge can tell you the group's performance times. The first time in the GC on Dec. 1 was at 3pm. Nothing has gotten me more in the Christmas mood this year more than hearing this group.

They took our requests and their renditions of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (my favorite song they sang) and "Oh Come All Ye Faithful," were beyond perfect. No out-of-place, failed opera singer in this group--just two young Sinatras and two young Julie Andrews voices who all blend together miraculously. A girl (4?) in the audience was delighted by their version of "Rudolph..."

I also loved the Buena Vista Street Bell Ringers in DCA (inaccurately named, btw, because they're foremost an excellent singing group.) So you can hear two superb group of carolers in one day! If you love Christmas songs, they are worth a visit to the Disneyland Resort, even if it's crowded.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Don't miss the carolers at the Grand Californian!

I've seen them twice already. Saw them yesterday for their 3pm performance in front of the Grand Californian tree. I always love listening to them sing and the one woman who does "I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas" does fantastic!

• Blew By You

They make the season warmer.

• Nic

Were they made up of high school-ish teens?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Were they made up of high school-ish teens?
    I'd guess that they were all four were between 20 & 35 years old. I'd need another look to be more sure, and I hope I get it--along with more songs.

We just happened to see them tonight on our way out. I wanted to see the Christmas tree since we were walking back to the parking structure anyway we decided to stop by and just by chance saw them. Full of energy and sounding great. Age was probably mid 20's. Definitely not high-school teens.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

One of the male singers I saw looked to be late 30's maybe early 40's.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

They used to sing around Christmas time to the children in the concierge room up in the Grand Californian Hotel. They really are a special treat. Catch them whenever you can!

We saw them on Saturday and they are some of the best Dickensian Carolers I've ever SEEN. We plan to make a stop on our next trip this month to see them for sure!
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can!DL Paris 2002WDW 2007 & 2013Tokyo DL & Sea 2009DCL 2014
    To Do: Hong Kong DL & Shanghai Disney: see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• Nic

Ah, ok. The reason I ask is because another group of Dickens Carolers from the Bay Area, around 15, are all down there as well.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Thanks to jcruise86 for this thread. Caught them tonight at 8:30 at the lobby Christmas tree and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great singers and nice touches of humor throughout the show.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Thanks to jcruise86 for this thread. Caught them tonight at 8:30 at the lobby Christmas tree and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great singers and nice touches of humor throughout the show.
    YOU'RE WELCOME! I feel good that I helped spread some wonderful Christmas cheer!

I want to get my Christmas fix again, so I told my daughter that if we can see this group and the BV St. bell ringing Christmas carolers, she'll get to decorate a cookie at the Big Thunder Ranch Christmas area.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-10-2012 at 02:12 AM.