Thread: Nov. 26 - 28

Nov. 26 - 28

After a fun trip to DLR it's good to be back home! We were fortunate to have great weather. The crowds weren't bad except for Cars Land, and the parade and fire works times. DL is absolutely gorgeous with all of the gorgeous Christmas decor. The facade of Small World is magical. I'll start with the negatives first so I can end up on a happy note. The service at Carnation was horrid-- if you can even call it service. It took over 20 minutes to get a glass of water-- and I only got it then because I got up and asked an idle server to get me water now! We got totally drenched on Splash Mountain. We had to go back to the hotel and change our clothes. I've been on Splash many times in the past and have never gotten near this wet. We were not happy, and will never ride it again. Lastly, DL is a nightmare whenever there is a parade or fireworks happening. I suppose they can't manage crowds any better because there are so many people and only so much space. My dream would be to not have parades or fireworks 1 or 2 nights a week. I'd definitely arrange my schedule to attend on those days to avoid the hassles of the massive crowds. Our early morning on Tuesday was a big disappointment. The Matterhorn was down, and Storybook Land Canal boats were closed.

There were many wonderful positives! The CMs we encountered were friendly and helpful and "Disney-esq". The decor and the atmosphere was great. Cars Land is adorable. RSR is awesome! We used the single rider line each time. Our wait times were 12-14 minutes instead of 90 minutes. We saw Aladdin for the first time and were wowed. What a superb show that is. If anyone reading this hasn't seen it, it's most definitely a "must see" attraction!! I can't rave enough about it.

Dinner at Tortilla Jo's was excellent, as was the service. Back at the DH we really had fun visiting Trader Sams. DCA we really enjoyed the handbell choir. Excellent!! The entire BVS area is charming and fun.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• -

Re: Nov. 26 - 28

Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."