Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

The ones I bought specifically say 5 day park hoppers. They also say to go straight to the gate. Hope I get to keep the plastic card...
    -- Stacy from Seattle

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post

also, my sister wants to get her first AP in Dec on the payment plan but lives in Seattle, will she be able to use my CA address if I am there with her? She isnt old enough to have WA driver's license or anything with her WA address on it... So I am wondering if they will give her hard time about it.

Thanks
    The gift vouchers from Disneyland.com CANNOT be purchased using a payment plan. If it is a gift voucher, it must be paid in full. I have been told that this applies to give vouchers bought at the booths too.

However, you can use the payment plan using your card and call it a gift. Your bank card must have the correct California zipcode. Since your sister is a minor, you can use this to your advantage (her name doesn't have to be associated with the card). You must list her address as yours when you make the purchase. When she arrives to the park to turn her printed ticket into a plastic AP at the ticket booth, you must be present with your ID that has your address on it. You will essentially be acting as her guardian.

If she doesn't go with you during her very first visit, I think she cannot use the payment plan via your card (but double check, in fact, double check all the info here - I know it is hard sometimes to get a straight answer from the DL call center, but it is important to know what you are doing and there are some incorrect responses in this thread).

Is this skirting around the system? No. As it was explained by a CM, this is how many parents in California purchase tickets for their out-of-state kids using the payment plan.

If you will not be there when she first uses her card, there may be options depending on how much time you have between purchase and first use.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

But if I were to put it on my card which has a CA address would that work?
    If she is a minor then they can not require any form of id for her. You can go and purchase her pass, or she can go with you. You can use any cc/bank card you want.

Ang

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    The gift vouchers from Disneyland.com CANNOT be purchased using a payment plan. If it is a gift voucher, it must be paid in full. I have been told that this applies to give vouchers bought at the booths too.

However, you can use the payment plan using your card and call it a gift. Your bank card must have the correct California zipcode. Since your sister is a minor, you can use this to your advantage (her name doesn't have to be associated with the card). You must list her address as yours when you make the purchase. When she arrives to the park to turn her printed ticket into a plastic AP at the ticket booth, you must be present with your ID that has your address on it. You will essentially be acting as her guardian.

If she doesn't go with you during her very first visit, I think she cannot use the payment plan via your card (but double check, in fact, double check all the info here - I know it is hard sometimes to get a straight answer from the DL call center, but it is important to know what you are doing and there are some incorrect responses in this thread).

Is this skirting around the system? No. As it was explained by a CM, this is how many parents in California purchase tickets for their out-of-state kids using the payment plan.

If you will not be there when she first uses her card, there may be options depending on how much time you have between purchase and first use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Dean View Post
    If she is a minor then they can not require any form of id for her. You can go and purchase her pass, or she can go with you. You can use any cc/bank card you want.

Ang
    This is kinda what I figured I would do. I will be with her and so I will go and buy the AP for her and since she is still a minor I figured they wouldn't be asking for any ID or real proof of residency for her. I was just gonna treat like a parent buying an AP for their child. Thanks for all the great advice.

And also just so we don't screw things up she has the one day park hopper that she will be upgrading to the AP but we decided to visit on both 12/21 and 12/22, 12/22 is a block out day so if she upgrades the park hopper to a two day and then doesn't upgrade up the AP until the second day we will be able to go in both days right?

This is kinda what I figured I would do. I will be with her and so I will go and buy the AP for her and since she is still a minor I figured they wouldn't be asking for any ID or real proof of residency for her. I was just gonna treat like a parent buying an AP for their child. Thanks for all the great advice.

And also just so we don't screw things up she has the one day park hopper that she will be upgrading to the AP but we decided to visit on both 12/21 and 12/22, 12/22 is a block out day so if she upgrades the park hopper to a two day and then doesn't upgrade up the AP until the second day we will be able to go in both days right?
    Yes, you can upgrade your ticket or pass at anytime during its life to a ticket or pass that is of higher value. So you would be able to upgrade your 2 day ticket to a annual pass that is blocked out.

• Mistress of Evil

Whoops - I thought the payments would work with the Gift Voucher, but see that is not an option now.

OP you can activate an AP on a blockout day. However, if she has a 2 day pass and activates it on the 2nd day (that is blocked out), the effective date is the first day she used the 2 day ticket...not sure if this will effect her ability to get in on the blocked date. May not, but you may want to call and check.

• some assembly required

I seem to recall, no matter what AP one has, it will never be blocked out on the first day of use. I think you will need to tell them to adjust the date to 12/22 in order to make this happen (assuming you are upgrading on the day of 12/21).

What I am wondering is, if you have a one day hopper that you are upgrading, doesn't this have to happen before you leave the park/park closing on 12/21 and this may make the first day of the AP 12/21??? I know you are trying to get the free first day out of it for the 22nd so I would double check with CM on the phone. And when I say double check, I mean call them at least twice... they can have conflicting info when it comes to finite details like this.

Based on first hand knowledge *and* accounts of reliable friends, at the booth, they will try their best to get you what you want. A good CM will already be aware of this and make it happen for you. You may need a lead or manager if the CM isn't making it work to your advantage. To save time and prevent headaches, double check that the AP reads 12/22 before stepping out of the ticket booth queue. Let us know how this works out!!!

Hmmmm. I may have misunderstood your question (hence the strike out).
    You have a one day PH, upgrading to a two day hopper on 12/21 for use as day one? And then you are taking the 2 day PH to upgrade to an AP (blocked) on the 22nd??? You should be ok since your two day PH will cover this day even if the AP doesn't.
    Last edited by JMazz; 12-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I seem to recall, no matter what AP one has, it will never be blocked out on the first day of use. I think you will need to tell them to adjust the date to 12/22 in order to make this happen (assuming you are upgrading on the day of 12/21).

What I am wondering is, if you have a one day hopper that you are upgrading, doesn't this have to happen before you leave the park/park closing on 12/21 and this may make the first day of the AP 12/21??? I know you are trying to get the free first day out of it for the 22nd so I would double check with CM on the phone. And when I say double check, I mean call them at least twice... they can have conflicting info when it comes to finite details like this.

Based on first hand knowledge *and* accounts of reliable friends, at the booth, they will try their best to get you what you want. A good CM will already be aware of this and make it happen for you. You may need a lead or manager if the CM isn't making it work to your advantage. To save time and prevent headaches, double check that the AP reads 12/22 before stepping out of the ticket booth queue. Let us know how this works out!!!

Hmmmm. I may have misunderstood your question (hence the strike out).
    You have a one day PH, upgrading to a two day hopper on 12/21 for use as day one? And then you are taking the 2 day PH to upgrade to an AP (blocked) on the 22nd??? You should be ok since your two day PH will cover this day even if the AP doesn't.
    thanks! You got it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12