Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    506

    Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Two questions for everyone

    first, can you upgrade a one-day park hopper to a two-day without having to pay the price for two separate one day tickets?
    I am hoping to add a day for only the difference between the two tickets...

    also, my sister wants to get her first AP in Dec on the payment plan but lives in Seattle, will she be able to use my CA address if I am there with her? She isnt old enough to have WA driver's license or anything with her WA address on it... So I am wondering if they will give her hard time about it.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,466

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    You definitely can upgrade your tickets, but my understanding is that you must do it on the last day of your ticket or before. Since you have a one-day, you need to do it that night at the latest. A few ticket kiosks remain open after the park closes, but be warned that these lines can be relatively long.

    I'm not sure about the second question. I know that other people can purchase APs for others, but I feel like I've read somewhere that when redeeming it for the actual ticket, some kind of proof of residency will be required...hopefully someone eles can chime in!

  3. #3

    • Still Dizzy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    533

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    I'm pretty sure that the determining factor is the billing address of the credit card being used so she wouldn't be able to use the payment plan.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    506

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the determining factor is the billing address of the credit card being used so she wouldn't be able to use the payment plan.
    But if I were to put it on my card which has a CA address would that work?

  5. #5

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    But if I were to put it on my card which has a CA address would that work?
    It would but your card would also need her name on it. She needs to proove she is a resident at the payment address.

  6. #6

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    wait... yeah what swampymarsh said..

  7. #7

    • Mistress of Evil
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    224

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Actually OP, you should be able to purchase an AP gift voucher. If you do that, you can then make the payments with using your info/credit card. You can then add your Sister's info as the one who is receiving the gift.



  8. #8

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    Actually OP, you should be able to purchase an AP gift voucher. If you do that, you can then make the payments with using your info/credit card. You can then add your Sister's info as the one who is receiving the gift.
    ok this i know.. and i agree. it be the only way that she can get a AP with out actually living here.. because it's a gift that your "giving" her. I'd go with this way.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    506

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Thanks so much for the help

  10. #10

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    I actually have the same question as the OP and want to clarify. The last time I went to Disneyland I got a three day park hopper online. When I got to the kiosk they gave me the paper card thing. I thought it was a bit flimsy and I was constantly worried about it. I want to buy a park hopper at Safeway since its the actual plastic card but they only offer 3 day park hoppers and this time we are going for 5 days. So when I get to the park can I just take my card from Safeway and pay the difference for a 5 day?


    Or is there any other way of getting the plastic card? lol I know I'm kind of fixated on that for some reason.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    506

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by stacymmm View Post
    I actually have the same question as the OP and want to clarify. The last time I went to Disneyland I got a three day park hopper online. When I got to the kiosk they gave me the paper card thing. I thought it was a bit flimsy and I was constantly worried about it. I want to buy a park hopper at Safeway since its the actual plastic card but they only offer 3 day park hoppers and this time we are going for 5 days. So when I get to the park can I just take my card from Safeway and pay the difference for a 5 day?


    Or is there any other way of getting the plastic card? lol I know I'm kind of fixated on that for some reason.
    i know what you mean about the plastic card tickets! They are so much better! Unfortunately I believe they are only able to issue paper tickets at the gates so if you really wanted a hard plastic ticket I would suggest checking out a local disney store... They sell hard plastic tickets up to six day hoppers I believe... I know they have 5 day ones there for sure.

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Thanks Jsanch2! I hadn't thought about that. I have a Disney store so close. Can't believe I didn't think about that. I went to snag mine yesterday. Apparently they only had three left and I needed two of them. Now I have my passes on a nice plastic card. Woop!
    -- Stacy from Seattle

  13. #13

    • socal native
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Freeway close
    Posts
    501

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    i know what you mean about the plastic card tickets! They are so much better! Unfortunately I believe they are only able to issue paper tickets at the gates so if you really wanted a hard plastic ticket I would suggest checking out a local disney store... They sell hard plastic tickets up to six day hoppers I believe... I know they have 5 day ones there for sure.
    Actually, I believe these are only vouchers. While they are tickets, in a sense, they act like a gift card or proof of purchase and are surrendered and voided in exchange for paper tickets at the ticket window. I have never used the Safeway or Disney store cards for park hoppers, but have used the Costco cards which are plastic "gift cards," too. We took them to the window, and got paper tickets.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    506

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Actually, I believe these are only vouchers. While they are tickets, in a sense, they act like a gift card or proof of purchase and are surrendered and voided in exchange for paper tickets at the ticket window. I have never used the Safeway or Disney store cards for park hoppers, but have used the Costco cards which are plastic "gift cards," too. We took them to the window, and got paper tickets.
    The ones from the Disney store that I have used in the past have been tickets you keep... But this could have changed

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,650

    Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    The ones from the Disney store that I have used in the past have been tickets you keep... But this could have changed
    Right, the ones I have bought at the Disney STore and grocery store are similar to the APs and are usable in the plastic form.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Disneyland Ticket Upgrading Question…..
    By Alice in Wonderland in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
  2. [Question] Passport Q and lot question
    By DisneyFan28 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
  3. [Question] April ticket, food and wine, and fun question!
    By snowwhite9011 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 09:50 AM
  4. [Question] Ticket to an AP question....
    By awaflyboy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
  5. [Question] February or April and hotel question
    By ltp in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 05:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •