Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

Two questions for everyone

first, can you upgrade a one-day park hopper to a two-day without having to pay the price for two separate one day tickets?
    I am hoping to add a day for only the difference between the two tickets...

also, my sister wants to get her first AP in Dec on the payment plan but lives in Seattle, will she be able to use my CA address if I am there with her? She isnt old enough to have WA driver's license or anything with her WA address on it... So I am wondering if they will give her hard time about it.

Thanks

• Minion

Re: Ticket Upgrading and AP Question

You definitely can upgrade your tickets, but my understanding is that you must do it on the last day of your ticket or before. Since you have a one-day, you need to do it that night at the latest. A few ticket kiosks remain open after the park closes, but be warned that these lines can be relatively long.

I'm not sure about the second question. I know that other people can purchase APs for others, but I feel like I've read somewhere that when redeeming it for the actual ticket, some kind of proof of residency will be required...hopefully someone eles can chime in!

• Still Dizzy

I'm pretty sure that the determining factor is the billing address of the credit card being used so she wouldn't be able to use the payment plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the determining factor is the billing address of the credit card being used so she wouldn't be able to use the payment plan.
    But if I were to put it on my card which has a CA address would that work?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    But if I were to put it on my card which has a CA address would that work?
    It would but your card would also need her name on it. She needs to proove she is a resident at the payment address.

• Sock Puppet

wait... yeah what swampymarsh said..

• Mistress of Evil

Actually OP, you should be able to purchase an AP gift voucher. If you do that, you can then make the payments with using your info/credit card. You can then add your Sister's info as the one who is receiving the gift.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    Actually OP, you should be able to purchase an AP gift voucher. If you do that, you can then make the payments with using your info/credit card. You can then add your Sister's info as the one who is receiving the gift.
    ok this i know.. and i agree. it be the only way that she can get a AP with out actually living here.. because it's a gift that your "giving" her. I'd go with this way.

Thanks so much for the help

I actually have the same question as the OP and want to clarify. The last time I went to Disneyland I got a three day park hopper online. When I got to the kiosk they gave me the paper card thing. I thought it was a bit flimsy and I was constantly worried about it. I want to buy a park hopper at Safeway since its the actual plastic card but they only offer 3 day park hoppers and this time we are going for 5 days. So when I get to the park can I just take my card from Safeway and pay the difference for a 5 day?

Or is there any other way of getting the plastic card? lol I know I'm kind of fixated on that for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by stacymmm View Post
    I actually have the same question as the OP and want to clarify. The last time I went to Disneyland I got a three day park hopper online. When I got to the kiosk they gave me the paper card thing. I thought it was a bit flimsy and I was constantly worried about it. I want to buy a park hopper at Safeway since its the actual plastic card but they only offer 3 day park hoppers and this time we are going for 5 days. So when I get to the park can I just take my card from Safeway and pay the difference for a 5 day?

Or is there any other way of getting the plastic card? lol I know I'm kind of fixated on that for some reason.
    i know what you mean about the plastic card tickets! They are so much better! Unfortunately I believe they are only able to issue paper tickets at the gates so if you really wanted a hard plastic ticket I would suggest checking out a local disney store... They sell hard plastic tickets up to six day hoppers I believe... I know they have 5 day ones there for sure.

Thanks Jsanch2! I hadn't thought about that. I have a Disney store so close. Can't believe I didn't think about that. I went to snag mine yesterday. Apparently they only had three left and I needed two of them. Now I have my passes on a nice plastic card. Woop!
    -- Stacy from Seattle

• socal native

i know what you mean about the plastic card tickets! They are so much better! Unfortunately I believe they are only able to issue paper tickets at the gates so if you really wanted a hard plastic ticket I would suggest checking out a local disney store... They sell hard plastic tickets up to six day hoppers I believe... I know they have 5 day ones there for sure.
    Actually, I believe these are only vouchers. While they are tickets, in a sense, they act like a gift card or proof of purchase and are surrendered and voided in exchange for paper tickets at the ticket window. I have never used the Safeway or Disney store cards for park hoppers, but have used the Costco cards which are plastic "gift cards," too. We took them to the window, and got paper tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Actually, I believe these are only vouchers. While they are tickets, in a sense, they act like a gift card or proof of purchase and are surrendered and voided in exchange for paper tickets at the ticket window. I have never used the Safeway or Disney store cards for park hoppers, but have used the Costco cards which are plastic "gift cards," too. We took them to the window, and got paper tickets.
    The ones from the Disney store that I have used in the past have been tickets you keep... But this could have changed

• Minion

The ones from the Disney store that I have used in the past have been tickets you keep... But this could have changed
    Right, the ones I have bought at the Disney STore and grocery store are similar to the APs and are usable in the plastic form.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast